Flyers pick at #21: Claude Giroux, Gaitineau, QMJHL

Amateur Hour

Jul 23, 2006
Negadelphia
THN report:

"Giroux's talent makes up for his frame. He can kill penalties and run the power play. 'He isn't a perimeter player," said one scout. He'll go after the puck in the corners. Giroux's confidence has grown lately and he's strong on the puck. Giroux won't be a first-line center, but he's shown a knack for scoring goals at the right time."

I wanted Ryan White, but I like what I see

orly.jpg

You can have all the Ryan Whites of the world for Claude Giroux. I would take Giroux any day.

A great, great, great player. He's a little small right now, but he's determined, extremely talented and has a gift for being in the right place at the right time. Think of a more well rounded version of Ales Hemsky and you've got Giroux.

I saw Giroux 40 games last season.
This guy is a magician with the puck.
He will take some time to fully develop but in my view, he will eventually have Flyers' fans in a frenzy.

Well done, sirs.

Last edited:

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
delete

Edit: while I'm here, this was a pretty funny read :laugh:

GKJ you must be really happy we now have both Claude Giroux AND Ryan White

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
delete

Edit: while I'm here, this was a pretty funny read :laugh:

GKJ you must be really happy we now have both Claude Giroux AND Ryan White

It's not how you start it's how you finish.

I think the HF mock draft had the Flyers taking Ryan White, that's sort of what made me look him up and decide that I wanted him. I heard less about Giroux leading into the draft.

Saying that "we have actual players to develop" in 2006 was more obscene.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I miss trying to pick "within the rules" hot female avatar pictures to compete with Storm (aka Dig Out Your Soul). Wish he still posted here :(

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
BCF16 called it, but I'm really glad Giroux turned out 100x better than Hemsky!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It always blows my mind how much professionally paid scouts discount production for what their eyes allegedly see.

Always leads to "size" and "what could be" being given far too much emphasis.

Give me the players who produced the most at the youngest age and I will be in the 99th percentile of draft success. Blows my mind that hundreds of million dollar franchises haven't figured this out yet.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
It always blows my mind how much professionally paid scouts discount production for what their eyes allegedly see.

Always leads to "size" and "what could be" being given far too much emphasis.

Give me the players who produced the most at the youngest age and I will be in the 99th percentile of draft success. Blows my mind that hundreds of million dollar franchises haven't figured this out yet.

You might be interested in this piece:
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...rass-vs-a-potato-a-summary-of-recent-drafting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->