Flyers' overrated young blueliners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Lets talk about it, Flyers spent a couple of high picks over the past couple of years drafting D prospects and outside of Gostisbehere selected in the third round of the 2012 draft, no one is looking very good... I recall watching Provorov at the Memorial cup, quietly thinking that this kid was soooo overrated while alot of people were praising him as a top end prospect lol, well about 3 years later, he didnt do anything to prove me wrong and doubt about my scepticism, vanilla player to say the least, he is average at everything, gets beat defensively and doesnt generate much offensively... Sanheim 17th overall, Morin 11 th overall, how disappointing it must be for the fans while they were all thinking that their scouting staff was building an elite blueline no long ago... My point here is not to troll anyone, Im just pointing out something that is becoming evident for any hockey fan, Flyers' young D core is simply not that good and certainly overrated! Lets hope Carter Hart becomes a solid number one, cause they really need it!

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
:laugh:

Provorov, Sanheim, and Ghost are most certainly not the problem in Philly. All 3 were excellent in both games against the Avs this season and by all accounts are playing well this year. Provorov has had a slower start then expected perhaps, but after the year he just had there's literally no doubt at all he will turn it on again very soon and make a thread like this look like a complete joke.

Last edited:

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
:laugh:

Provorov, Sanheim, and Morin are most certainly not the problem in Philly. All 3 were excellent in both games against the Avs this season and by all accounts are playing well this year. Provorov has had a slower start then expected perhaps, but after the year he just had there's literally no doubt at all he will turn it on again very soon and make a thread like this look like a complete joke.
Nothing against you, but I'm pretty sure Morin didnt play - hes injured till like February I'm pretty sure.

Also, Provorov is a beast. Ghost is a good offensive dman and sanheim ain't bad neither. The reason you might think hes overrated is because he was a huge riser in the draft and everybody was hyped because of that. Overall, they got a great young d-core with Myers coming too.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
The group as a whole might have been over rated all prospects don't pan out. However Provorov is not over rated he's a stud. Ghost was a later pick but has been great as well. Those two are both top pairing for me. The rest are still young time to develop still.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Hardest position in the league.

Of course, they were bound to be lit up. It comes with the territory of a young unprotected, uninsulated blueline.

Their problems are their coach and goaltending. They'll be fine.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Provorov and Ghost are legit top pairing D-men.

Sanheim and Morin may have been overrated by some but neither are really an issue from what I've seen.

Reactions: Yawn

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Provorov and Ghost are legit top pairing D-men.

Sanheim and Morin may have been overrated by some but neither are really an issue from what I've seen.

Well, the jury is still out on Morin...his injury hasnt helped him.

Sanheim however, has looked good so far this season. No reason to call him a bust

Reactions: Yawn

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Morin (23) has had his development obliterated by injuries for the last season and change.

Provorov (21) and Ghost (25) are top pairing NHL defensemen.

Sanheim (22), in my opinion, might even be better than those two guys, if only the f***ing coach would get out of his own way. Nevertheless, Sanheim's been tantalizingly great so far this season.

I'm no fan of Hagg (23), but he now has 80 NHL games under his belt and has looked passable this year. If only he were given proper (i.e. 3rd pairing) minutes, I might not even mind him at all.

Myers (21) should be in the NHL, but the team is really squeamish about having 4+ defenseman 23 and under on the team.

Hell, even Friedman (22) has developed nicely in the AHL and made a strong case for making the big squad straight out of camp.

The young D are fine. Coaching, the most passive PK in NHL history, and the worst collection of goalies in NHL history are our weaknesses.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Well Im not saying Provorov is bad, He is just not as good and impactful as projected by some early in his carreer and Im not saying Philly's young D core is bad either, just not nearly as good or promising as anticipated some years ago... Sure awful goaltending doesnt help but everytimes I watch them, their blueline is just disapointing as a whole... I think they should be much better considering how much firepower they have in front, a center line made of Couturier and Patrick as the main pieces is easily above average, their depth and skills on the wings is among the best in the league with Voracek Giroux Simmonds Konecny Laughton... No reason this team isnt better even with Elliot in net...

Reactions: Critical91

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
How the hell is Sanheim taking the heat in here? Every single time I’ve watched him play he’s been incredible and drawn extensive positive attention of the commentators.

Also, there’s not a single U22 dman in the league I’d take over Provorov. Maybe Dahlin once he gets going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->