Rumor: Flyers/Oilers about Yakupov

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
this is a horrible deal for us.

they should buy out or eat some of Hemsky's salary and trade him to us for Meszaros straight up.

For the Flyers? I'm going to have to 100% disagree with that. No matter how he is playing he is still a 1st overall draft pick a little over a year after being drafted...

RJ8812*

I know people want Yak or Eberle, but I would think the more affordable, and maybe more important to this team kind of player, and that's Klefbom. Skilled, young, very good size and getting very close to being NHL ready.

Future D-men:

Hagg-Klefbom
Ghost-Morin
Gus-Schenn

but, but, but we need to win the cup NOW! This team does not know what re-building is!

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't see how acquiring Yak or Eberle would be the opposite. Aren't they like 19 & 23?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I know people want Yak or Eberle, but I would think the more affordable, and maybe more important to this team kind of player, and that's Klefbom. Skilled, young, very good size and getting very close to being NHL ready.

Future D-men:

Hagg-Klefbom
Ghost-Morin
Gus-Schenn

And why is Edmonton trading one of their most promising defensive prospects that was a first rounder just two years ago when defense is what they are looking for? And more importantly, who are we giving up to get him?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Coburn? The problem is, Klefbom wouldn't play right away...

I would be surprised if they did Klefbom for Coburn straight up. Coburn is a second pairing defenseman pushing thirty. Klefbom is two years removed form being a top 20 pick. The Oilers need defense, but not in a deal like this. For instance, the Flyers need scoring wingers right now, but I doubt they would have any interest in trading Scott Laughton for a third liner pushing 30 (or even a second liner pushing 30). The Flyers would have to add to get Klefbom. Not sure what they would have to add, but I doubt it would be some throw away.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
coburn + cousins or schenn +ghost. yak has the elite scoring talent you want to put with giroux. hes somewhere between pavel bure and sergei samsonov the question is where

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Simmonds + Coburn + 2nd for Eberle + Klefbom?

Flyers might need to add more..

djlethal08

Jun 4, 2012
Hockessin, DE
Couts+Laughton+Coburn for Yak+Kbom+2nd pick

I'd love to get Yak (or better yet, Eberle) and Klefbom, but the Flyers won't move both Couts and Laughton. It's one or the other. Now if you take one of them out and add something else, depending on what it is, this might be workable.

Last edited:

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Like a Megazord? I'm down.

or like this
2006-09-19_191753_dbz-trunks-goten-fusion_1726.jpg

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Wanna just combine our teams instead? We might be decent then.

Hall - Giroux - Eberle
Voracek - RNH - Lecavalier
Perron - Schenn - Simmonds
Read - Couturier - Gagner
Gordon, Talbot

Smid - Streit
Ference - Coburn
Grossmann - Schenn
Timonen, Schultz contingent, Gustafsson

Mason
Dubnyk

Yakupov, Hartnell, Hemsky, Smyth, Meszaros, Petry can be packaged for a defenseman worth a damn between the two teams.

Sounds like a plan.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Hall - Giroux - Eberle
Voracek - RNH - Lecavalier
Perron - Schenn - Simmonds
Read - Couturier - Gagner
Gordon, Talbot

Smid - Streit
Ference - Coburn
Grossmann - Schenn
Timonen, Schultz contingent, Gustafsson

Mason
Dubnyk

Yakupov, Hartnell, Hemsky, Smyth, Meszaros, Petry can be packaged for a defenseman worth a damn between the two teams.

Sounds like a plan.

That may be the worst defense possible by combining 2 teams. Thats so terrible HAHAHAHA :cry:

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
but our D spects corp would be pretty sick

and we can have a bottom pairing of

Erik Gustafsson - Erik Gustafsson can't beat that

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->