Rumor: Flyers/Oilers about Yakupov

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Eberle is the only guy on the Oilers we should be looking at. I would consider trading Simmonds and a defenseman for him.

spudnick

May 6, 2005
He is a fantastic center who plays 3rd toughest minutes in the league. Your statement is not warranted.

Coburn/Mez
Talbot
2014 3rd
2015 1st

Yak
Klefbom

WTF??? What a horrible deal. I dare you to put this on the main board and see how bad you get laughed at.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
He is a fantastic center who plays 3rd toughest minutes in the league. Your statement is not warranted.

Coburn/Mez
Talbot
2014 3rd
2015 1st

Yak
Klefbom

This trade is a joke, right? A 30 year old third/fourth liner, one injury riddled late twenties defenseman who is a healthy scratch, a second pairing late twenties defenseman, and third (A THIRD?), and a first in NEXT YEAR'S draft for last year's number one overall pick, and a first rounder from two years ago. What is this, the Leafs board? Why not throw in Tye McGinn...maybe we can get RNH or Hall!

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
WTF??? What a horrible deal. I dare you to put this on the main board and see how bad you get laughed at.

I think you can relax. I am pretty sure he was joking.

I like Yakupov and we all know the Oilers love Coburn. Obviously we would add more but wouldn't be surprised with Coburn going there. Like it has been seen in the past. When there is smoke.... Yea you get it.

I doubt Morin gets moved but if the team thinks Yakupov is more needed then say Couturier, I can see Couts going back. Especially since they seem set on Laughton being a center.

Obviously all speculation but wouldn't be surprised if Couturier and Coburn are part of the deal. Now the 3rd piece is important. I can not see us adding this years first even for a 1st overall pick, especially how bad we are doing. Wonder what the 3rd piece would be.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
This might be a deal that gets done in the off season. If Laughton were on the roster right now, I could see the Flyers doing a deal in which the prime candidates would be Yakupov, Couturier, Coburn and draft picks. Right now, the Flyers couldn't withstand the hit of losing Couturier because there's no one in the lineup that could be moved to the third line center spot.

I'm with also with others that there's very little to no chance that Morin gets moved as well. He's a big part of the blue line future and to part with him could be a potentially devastating blow to the corps.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
This might be a deal that gets done in the off season. If Laughton were on the roster right now, I could see the Flyers doing a deal in which the prime candidates would be Yakupov, Couturier, Coburn and draft picks. Right now, the Flyers couldn't withstand the hit of losing Couturier because there's no one in the lineup that could be moved to the third line center spot.

I'm with also with others that there's very little to no chance that Morin gets moved as well. He's a big part of the blue line future and to part with him could be a potentially devastating blow to the corps.

I agree partly. I want to keep Couturier 100% but I can see Homers logic. If they feel they need a potential top line winger to get Giroux and even Voracek going I can see them trading Couturier. They might feel that Berube's system could work maybe not as good with Couturier but could still work. The team is having problems scoring and I do think that is Homers focus.

Obviously with the way Yakupov is playing it would be foolish to expect him to start playing lights out when on a line with Giroux.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL

This trade is a joke, right? A 30 year old third/fourth liner, one injury riddled late twenties defenseman who is a healthy scratch, a second pairing late twenties defenseman, and third (A THIRD?), and a first in NEXT YEAR'S draft for last year's number one overall pick, and a first rounder from two years ago. What is this, the Leafs board? Why not throw in Tye McGinn...maybe we can get RNH or Hall!

Here you go... :sarcasm:

I don't think we will go after Yak. I think this team needs to gel more under Chief.

I don't see any moves coming for Yak, what I can see (hope) is that we move a D (Mez) for anything at the moment. I know the Oil are after D but not sure they'd want Mez.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Here you go... :sarcasm:

I don't think we will go after Yak. I think this team needs to gel more under Chief.

I don't see any moves coming for Yak, what I can see (hope) is that we move a D (Mez) for anything at the moment. I know the Oil are after D but not sure they'd want Mez.

They are in love with Coburm. It would 100% have to be Coburn I would think.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Obviously with the way Yakupov is playing it would be foolish to expect him to start playing lights out when on a line with Giroux.

This trade would be more about the next decade than this season. Yakupov certainly is just as likely to become an elite offensive scorer as Couturier has of becoming the two-way 2C we expect.

I don't love that kind of deal, but I could see it happening if things don't turn around quickly.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Yakupov doesn't want to forecheck, hit, or play defense generally, what makes you think Berube is going to like him any more than Dallas Eakins?

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

Coburn/Mez
Talbot
2014 3rd
2015 1st

Yak
Klefbom

That's awful for Edmonton. I don't think they'd do it without Klefbom, but with him, its laughably bad.

If we're getting Yakupov and Klefbom, there's pretty much no way that Couturier isn't going along with multiple other pieces.

EDIT: I'm still not sure that Yakupov would be a good fit here.

RJ8812*

Coburn/Mez
Talbot
2014 3rd
2015 1st

Yak
Klefbom

why would EDM want Talbot or Mez? :shakehead

If we want Yakopov and Klefbom, one of Schenn or Coututrier will have to be involved

buff

Aug 16, 2005
Quebec city
Yakupov doesn't want to forecheck, hit, or play defense generally, what makes you think Berube is going to like him any more than Dallas Eakins?

Yakupov remain one of the top tallented player in the world. Flyers right now need goal and Yakupov can score... Why not ?!?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Eberle would be a much better fit here. The Flyers shouldn't go near a 20 year old disgruntled Russian.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
No big splash panic moves....this team would be spinning its wheels once again..at some point you have to promote some kind of continuity and consistency. I agree with Lukko believe it or not....let's see what Berube can do. Then if this team continues to play mediocre hockey you start doing some more measured moves to bring in some skill in here. Flyers have to start being more patient..way too much volatility since the Carter and Richards trades. This is why the only semi-drastic thing I would advocate is Holmgren stepping down..not necessarily getting fired which doesn't seem likely with Snider around anyway..

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
No big splash panic moves....this team would be spinning its wheels once again..at some point you have to promote some kind of continuity and consistency. I agree with Lukko believe it or not....let's see what Berube can do. Then if this team continues to play mediocre hockey you start doing some more measured moves to bring in some skill in here. Flyers have to start being more patient..way too much volatility since the Carter and Richards trades. This is why the only semi-drastic thing I would advocate is Holmgren stepping down..not necessarily getting fired which doesn't seem likely with Snider around anyway..

Fantastic post!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Yeah. There was a zen time 2 years ago where everyone knew that after those trades we would need to wait years to get real value and get back to where the team was. Then I think a lot of us forgot about that after the team overperformed per expectations.

That really hasn't changed. Many of the same concerns that were in place back then (Old D, player primes lining up, etc) are still in effect now, but the need for patience has not changed.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I know people want Yak or Eberle, but I would think the more affordable, and maybe more important to this team kind of player, and that's Klefbom. Skilled, young, very good size and getting very close to being NHL ready.

Future D-men:

Hagg-Klefbom
Ghost-Morin
Gus-Schenn

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->