Flyers lost their charm for Philadelphia fans

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
All the producers of shows aren't that bad. Once they become full time hosts, they become 'takesmen' which I mean is fine I get it because they generate calls. But its just unlistenable radio

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
People won;t believe this now.
But Cataldi in the very beginning was very good and he talked intelligently.

Circa 1990/1991? - The morning show was a rotation of local writers, which included Cataldi.

Maybe once a week or every other week Cataldi and Morganti were paired and it was a great show..... that may have been the show where I heard someone discussing Scott Stevens leaving the caps to sign an offer sheet with the Blues.
Catladi and morganti's entertaining pairing during this era probably resulted in Morganti get the morning show gig. This is why he was hired...... as people wonder how he got the job in the first place

They completely wrecked which had initially been a great format.
You're correct, I don't believe you. Obviously, you are senile, and a liar.

Morganti is amazing when he gets to host and Cataldi is not present.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I'm talking back in the 90's. Missenneli was doing to the same shtick.

He made it known that he hated the Flyers and hockey and mostly Flyer fans.

But that was in the middle of the Lindros era and much of hte talk was about the Flyers. Flyers and Eagles were the 2 main topics. And the eagles had zero shot at winning the super bowl.

Over the last 10 years, I've listened to sports talk on average about 10 hours per year, limited to whenever something big happens ie Eagles win super bowl,

Wasn't there a blowup between Mikey Miss and the Flyers about some allegations he made involving Lindros and something or other?

I don't want to put out any false rumors here, so I'm not going to go in any details on what I'm remembering it to be... I'll just say that I remember it being nasty, and that Mike had a feud with the Flyers ever since... while nothing is ever mention on the subject, it is quite obvious that he doesn't like or respect the Flyers ever since.

IIRC Mike used to talk Hockey and seemed to know quite a bit about the Sport... I used to enjoy his show more because of that... And I believe he was partnered at one point, and for some time, with Steve 'Ranger Boy' Fredeticks -- God rest his dear soul -- who loved and discussed Hockey more than just about anyone else ever in Philly Sports Radio.

I get upset with Missenelli these days over the disrespect he displays for the Flyers... and how he goes out of his way to avoid them... and when he begrudgingly mentions them (to make it seem like he's including them) it is clear that he is putting them down with lefthanded compliments at best... and outright disdain at worst.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
It was Craig Carton that said that Lindros missed a game because he was hung over once. The Flyers got pissed at him but I believe it later came out that it was true.

IT was Carton.
THose were the days when I listed constantly.

Mornings - Cataldi
Mac and Mac - macnow and macdonald
S&M - Fredericks and Misseneli
Eskin
Carton and G Cobb

The mention of Carton reminded me of G Cobb.
Anyone remember when G Cobb used to do the "Ugly Show". Callers would mention ugly athletes. The reaction of G Cobb was priceless whenever there was a good name.
Invariably every show would start mentioning 80's Celtics..... Bird, Parrrish, Dennis Johnson, Mark Acres..... etc
G Cobb would howl with laughter with each mention, then finally about 2 and a half hours into the show he'd say "Just put the entire Celtics team into the list".
I used to think that was hysterical.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
IT was Carton.

Mornings - Cataldi
Mac and Mac - macnow and macdonald
S&M - Fredericks and Misseneli
Eskin
Carton and G Cobb

The mention of Carton reminded me of G Cobb.
Anyone remember when G Cobb used to do the "Ugly Show". Callers would mention ugly athletes. The reaction of G Cobb was priceless whenever there was a good name.
Invariably every show would start mentioning 80's Celtics..... Bird, Parrrish, Dennis Johnson, Mark Acres..... etc
G Cobb would howl with laughter with each mention, then finally about 2 and a half hours into the show he'd say "Just put the entire Celtics team into the list".
I used to think that was hysterical.
I had my line-up incorrect. I could've sworn S&M came after Eskin. I don't remember Carton well, but G Cobb, I do remember that bit. Sam Cassel was another one, lots of ugly basketball players (probably just because they're the most visible- proximity of fan to court, no additional uniform to obscure visage.)

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
It was Craig Carton that said that Lindros missed a game because he was hung over once. The Flyers got pissed at him but I believe it later came out that it was true.

IT was Carton.

(Snipped)

I remember the Carton crap... deterred Carton's career... he later had a small on-air job on NJ 101.5; I heard him on there, still annoying as hell but otherwise obscure.

But what I was thinking about was something else... something tying Lindros in a undesirable manner. Of course, I suppose I could be remembering incorrectly, and it never happened... but in any case, what I said about Missenelli's Flyers views/actions still hold true... in my mind, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->