Flyers Locker Room

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Does anyone else feel like they should renovate the locker room? I know some will say who gives a **** about a locker room and just worry about the on ice product. Arena opened in 96' I believe? So now wouldn't be such a bad time. Some people may prefer the simple look better compared to other teams locker rooms.

BA-8U76CEAIvdHU.jpg:large

Main-Room-1.jpg

BW3_6224_slide.jpg

NG1_6207.jpg

129364166.jpg

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Is it a locker room or a dressing room, I mean technically there are no lockers. :sarcasm:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers locker looks like its stuck in the 70's compared to the other teams.

I would have to imagine they renovate it soon though. It seems like they're upgrading something in the building every year.

CyborgLindros

Mar 29, 2012
Ask the players what they prefer. If they like it leave it. If they don't like it, then tell them you'll renovate it in the offseason...........after they win a cup. I wonder how quick they'd get it.:handclap:

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Interesting.....there is something to be said about a circular arrangement. Teachers use the method to promote discussion and unity (classroom management). Companies employ experts to study their office arrangement and the psychology behind a certain setup that might impact productivity so yeah it's not exactly something to disregard completely.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Interesting.....there is something to be said about a circular arrangement. Teachers use the method to promote discussion and unity (classroom management). Companies employ experts to study their office arrangement and the psychology behind a certain setup that might impact productivity so yeah it's not exactly something to disregard completely.

I do.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I'm going to attempt to be nice:

I think this is one of the silliest threads I've ever seen here. In some other sports, college football for example, there is some significant disparity between what players have in their locker rooms. At bottom-level programs, the locker rooms are basically hard wooden benches w/ no individual stalls / no privacy, no carpet, nothing to kill time, etc while at the top programs, the locker rooms have been updated w/ individual stalls, flat screen TVs all over hooked up to video games, special multi-million dollar treatment rooms w/ all kinds of technology (underwater treadmills, zero gravity treadmills, etc.

If we were talking about that kind of disparity here between the Flyers' dressing room and the other dressing rooms around the NHL, this thread might make some slight bit of sense. But we're not talking about that kind of disparity. All the "more modern" locker rooms you posted have the same wooden benches, the same lack of individual stalls, the same 0 flat screen TVs, etc. The only difference is the newer ones have some snazzy team logo carpet, some cool ceiling designs, and some more refined wood paneling.

Unless you're the kind of guy who loves watching those home design shows on HGTV or the kind of guy who blurts out "That shirt with those shoes, no no no honey", then who really cares what the dressing room looks like? It's a place to get dressed and to hang out for 20 mins in between periods. Most fans don't even have a clue what the dressing room looks like.

Also, I like the nostalgia of our locker room. It's cool to know these guys are dressing in the same dressing room as Lindros, LeClair, Forsberg used to. It's cool to see the pictures of Flyer greats hanging around the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->