Rumor: Flyers interested in Curtis Glencross

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
It's more of who the Flyers media wishes they would trade for. Flames and Flyers are scouting each others games. But I highly doubt it's more then Philly looking at clearing some salary off their blue line.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
I was just thinking, what if they're not really interested in glencross and more into dumping pronger? I believe Calgary has enough cap space (I'm out, so I can't check) and I'm sure they would be more than thrilled to have glencross come part of the deal because who wouldn't, hence they are "intrested" in him.

Also, if that is the case, wouldn't we expect a trade more like Camalari or Stajan + Butler for Pronger + Brayden Schenn + Luke Schenn? I know it's a serious downgrad in potential talent but that seems more likely than trading glencross. Plus Flyers gain a top plaer and clear cap space to become comeptitive again.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I was just thinking, what if they're not really interested in glencross and more into dumping pronger? I believe Calgary has enough cap space (I'm out, so I can't check) and I'm sure they would be more than thrilled to have glencross come part of the deal because who wouldn't, hence they are "intrested" in him.

Also, if that is the case, wouldn't we expect a trade more like Camalari or Stajan + Butler for Pronger + Brayden Schenn + Luke Schenn? I know it's a serious downgrad in potential talent but that seems more likely than trading glencross. Plus Flyers gain a top plaer and clear cap space to become comeptitive again.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

Since when are the Flyers hurting for cash? Pronger cost them nothing in cap space and is even providing a scouting service.

As far as your offer goes, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Not sure our owners would accept that, given that Kotalik was shipped out a few years back rather than dumped in the minors. And the Flames gave up a 2nd to dump Kotalik

TylerSVT*

Flyers need a good discount player. Anyone on Philly that is overpaid?

Id want something good for him, Coburn is good but i would prefer a good prospect. Laughton maybe.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't know, the only thing that realistically makes sense to me is Couturier and I'd probably do it but look where that leaves us.

Monahan
Backlund
Couturier
Colborne
Knight
Jankowski

Couts needs top 6 minutes desperately if he's ever gonna progress. So that would mean we likely need to ship out a center or move one to the wing. Monahan sure as hell isn't going anywhere and Knight and Colborne just got traded here and we need Stajan for this year well.

So maybe we get creative and do something like Glencross, Nemisz and Janko for Couturier and Coburn.

Leaving us with this:

Sven - Monahan - Cammy
Backlund - Couturier - Hudler
Galliardi - Stajan - Stempniak

Next season we let Stajan walk or also move him this deadline and let Colborne take that 3C spot. Also that leaves Knight to center the 4th next year. It would suck to lose Janko but I still personally would easily take Couts over him. That solidifies our center depth for the next decade and if Colborne doesn't workout we can easily replace him with guys in our system (ie. Knight, Reinhart or Arnold).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I don't know, the only thing that realistically makes sense to me is Couturier and I'd probably do it but look where that leaves us.

Monahan
Backlund
Couturier
Colborne
Knight
Jankowski

Couts needs top 6 minutes desperately if he's ever gonna progress. So that would mean we likely need to ship out a center or move one to the wing. Monahan sure as hell isn't going anywhere and Knight and Colborne just got traded here and we need Stajan for this year well.

So maybe we get creative and do something like Glencross, Nemisz and Janko for Couturier and Coburn.

Leaving us with this:

Sven - Monahan - Cammy
Backlund - Couturier - Hudler
Galliardi - Stajan - Stempniak

Next season we let Stajan walk or also move him this deadline and let Colborne take that 3C spot. Also that leaves Knight to center the 4th next year. It would suck to lose Janko but I still personally would easily take Couts over him. That solidifies our center depth for the next decade and if Colborne doesn't workout we can easily replace him with guys in our system (ie. Knight, Reinhart or Arnold).

Im generally not Pro to acquiring Couts, but I like your idea. Leaves the bottom two center holes for 2 of Granlund, Knight, Reinhart, Colborne to fill. Im just not sold that Couts has the offensive upside needed to be a top-6 option.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Im generally not Pro to acquiring Couts, but I like your idea. Leaves the bottom two center holes for 2 of Granlund, Knight, Reinhart, Colborne to fill. Im just not sold that Couts has the offensive upside needed to be a top-6 option.

I left Jones out of my lineup to. But thanks I like it to. Janko has upside and Philly has enough depth to wait on him to reach it.

Couts hasn't broke out yet, but he's absolutely highly skilled. His skillset is better than Monahan's IMO, I'm just not sure why he hasn't shown more of it to date. I think he'd get the opportunity he needs in Calgary to really breakout and we would be set going forward to match up against the other top teams in the West. When Poirier and JG are ready to contribute, rebuild over.

Sven - Monahan - Poirier
Backlund - Couturier - Gaudreau
Klimchuk - Colborne - Jones
Bouma - Knight - Ferland

Gio - Brodie
Coburn - Wideman
Seiloff - Wotherspoon

And you can probably add in there our draft pick from this year, Ekblad? I don't know about you guys but that lineup to me looks insanely good.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I left Jones out of my lineup to. But thanks I like it to. Janko has upside and Philly has enough depth to wait on him to reach it.

Couts hasn't broke out yet, but he's absolutely highly skilled. His skillset is better than Monahan's IMO, I'm just not sure why he hasn't shown more of it to date. I think he'd get the opportunity he needs in Calgary to really breakout and we would be set going forward to match up against the other top teams in the West. When Poirier and JG are ready to contribute, rebuild over.

Sven - Monahan - Poirier
Bouma - Knight - Ferland

Gio - Brodie
Coburn - Wideman
Seiloff - Wotherspoon

And you can probably add in there our draft pick from this year, Ekblad? I don't know about you guys but that lineup to me looks insanely good.

I love it and your trade.

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina

you also cant forget he isn't even 21 yet he still has loads of time to get that side of his game going

Sven - Monahan - Poirier
Bouma - Knight - Ferland

Gio - Brodie
Coburn - Wideman
Seiloff - Wotherspoon

i could definetly live with a lineup like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad