GDT: Flyers @ Hurricanes 5PM

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I hate when people who haven't followed any preseason ask this question. This is basically Lindholm's preseason now, that's why he's playing on the 4th line at ES for now

He looked pretty nonexistent on that last shift. Like he's hovering the blue line when in the offensive zone, afraid to jump in.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
A bit of both. I honestly think this Canes team is going to sneak up on a lot of people this year since our depth players don't suck for once with the additions of Gerbe, Dvorak, and Hainsey, and with the development of guys like Murphy, Faulk, Nash, and Slutty.

That and, if the Flyers board is right (and they probably are), their team's a dumpster fire right now.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
I want to see what Lindholm can do with Skinner. He's not going to do anything offensively playing with Bowman and Brett Sutter. It'll probably eventually happen as long as Nash continues to be a black hole offensively on the 3rd line.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Good exchange. Lindholm generates a steal, then passes it to the point.

Subtle, but great play by Murphy. He had already decided what to do with the puck by the time it got to his stick, and did a soft, easy pass to Harrison without settling it. It gave Harrison the perfect shooting lane.

Great play from the rookies on that shift.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
We'll know once the third period rolls around. That is the true Hurricanes measuring stick.

Remember back when we were known as a team that could always recover and come back in the 3rd period? When we had one of the best third period records in the NHL?

We were known for that in 2006, but we maintained that ability for a few years after.

Whar Cardiac Canes Whar!?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I want to see what Lindholm can do with Skinner. He's not going to do anything offensively playing with Bowman and Brett Sutter. It'll probably eventually happen as long as Nash continues to be a black hole offensively on the 3rd line.

It's not about the offense with having Nash on that line, it's about having two defensive players good enough to cover some ass when Skinner goes all Manny being Manny as can and will happen.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Tripp is also very on-point tonight. Jordan-Gerbe connection, Giroux-Lindholm comparison and most recently mentioning of Bruce Willis.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
OT: is this NHL.com poll frigin serious? People are actually voting Teemu as the greatest Jet of all time over Bobby Hull!? I get it, I do, I love Teemu. He's one of the best players of his generation. But he's not a top 10 player of all time like Bobby ****ing Hull! I mean yeah, he belongs over Hawerchuk and Steen, but jesus... kids these days...

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Skinner. Murphy. Great work. I am really impressed with this period!!!

The 1st line seems to be trying too hard, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->