GDT: Flyers @ Hurricanes 5PM

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Sounds like Dave did.

I would have picked Semin tbh.

Picking the nobodys is probably a better strategy. They're less likely to score, but if they do score, you're a lot more likely to win.

Say Harrison scores 5 goals this season. Say Semin scores 40. You have 8 times as many chances to have the right player with Semin, but I would guess 100 people or more pick Semin than pick Harrison, so you still have a much higher chance of winning by picking Harrison.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
How is Hainsey a dark horse if he's going to score 6 goals?

Cause nobody sees it coming, I mean he has to stop scoring 6 goals a game at some point, right?

Picking the nobodys is probably a better strategy. They're less likely to score, but if they do score, you're a lot more likely to win.

Say Harrison scores 5 goals this season. Say Semin scores 40. You have 8 times as many chances to have the right player with Semin, but I would guess 100 people or more pick Semin than pick Harrison, so you still have a much higher chance of winning by picking Harrison.

Prettymuch. And for a guy that doesn't have an offensive rep Harrison tends to be "right place right time" a hell of a lot. Guys like Dwyer, Nash, and Harrison are good value picks since frigin NOBODY is likely to pick them. They don't have that shiny new toy factor (Gerbe, Lindholm) or offensive rep (Murphy, Faulk, Ruutu, the Big 5) yet are still productive players.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
What's the point of playing Lindholm on the 4th line? Either see what he can do on a more offensive-minded line in the remaining 8 games before a decision needs to be made to keep him up or not.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
What's the point of playing Lindholm on the 4th line? Either see what he can do on a more offensive-minded line in the remaining 8 games before a decision needs to be made to keep him up or not.

They may just want to see more of him in practices and whatnot, since they didn't get a chance to see him in training camp. I suspect he'll be in the AHL before too long, which is probably where he should be.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC

Get him some ingame action before elevating him in the lineup. He had basically no preseason.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

He didn't participate in training camp (injury), and Muller doesn't want to 'gift' time to players. Accountability.

Also, the 2nd and 3rd lines are clicking at the moment. And you're not going to replace someone on the 1st with Lindholm.

Did Murphy just hit someone????

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
I hate when people who haven't followed any preseason ask this question. This is basically Lindholm's preseason now, that's why he's playing on the 4th line at ES for now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->