Flyers Goal Songs

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This isn't a goal song but late in the 1988-89 season, the Flyers changed their theme song -- played at the start of every period -- from "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses to Pat Benatar's "Invincible." On the first night of the change, Tim Kerr broke the team record for fastest goal to start a game.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
This isn't a goal song but late in the 1988-89 season, the Flyers changed their theme song -- played at the start of every period -- from "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses to Pat Benatar's "Invincible." On the first night of the change, Tim Kerr broke the team record for fastest goal to start a game.

#bringbackBenatar

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
#Kerrwasunstoppablewhenhealthy :)

There's a lot of Flyers I wish I coulda seen, being that I'm basically 30 (in the right direction, at least). Kerr has always been at the top of the list, alongside Clarke and Parent. I was a LeClair devotee when everyone else was a Lindros obsessive, so I think that makes sense.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
There's a lot of Flyers I wish I coulda seen, being that I'm basically 30 (in the right direction, at least). Kerr has always been at the top of the list, alongside Clarke and Parent. I was a LeClair devotee when everyone else was a Lindros obsessive, so I think that makes sense.

I don't want to derail the thread.

The Bullies were the ultimate Us Against Them team. It was something that can never be duplicated by any team.

The Keenan teams were something special. They were initially called the Baby Bullies because of their youth but they were a joy. One of the great miscarriages in hockey history was not seeing one of those teams win a Cup.

The Lindros teams were a magnet. There were only supporters or detractors, no one was ambivalent.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad