Flyers Goal Songs

SaveHextall

Nov 21, 2006
Westchester, NY
I'd like to make a playlist of as many of the Flyers related songs that we can come up with. Unfortunately, I cant remember very many of them.

If anybody can chip in, please list the artist and song and any other info that might be fun. I appreciate it!

Here's what I have....

The Boils - The Orange & The Black (Arena Win Song)
Mac Miller - Knock Knock (Locker Room Win Song in 2018-19)
Jetboy - Feel The Shake (2019-20 Goal Song)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
BeovHymb
I'd like to make a playlist of as many of the Flyers related songs that we can come up with. Unfortunately, I cant remember very many of them.

If anybody can chip in, please list the artist and song and any other info that might be fun. I appreciate it!

Here's what I have....

The Boils - The Orange & The Black (Arena Win Song)
Mac Miller - Knock Knock (Locker Room Win Song in 2018-19)
Jetboy - Feel The Shake (2019-20 Goal Song)

Their 90s/early 2000s goal song

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi was the main part of the previous goal horn mix
I think it was Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes that was mixed in there too.
There's the Chicken Dance for 4th goal of the game.
One year had the Rocky theme in there or something...
Theres been so many recently after having bro hymn (and song 2 before that) for so long...

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I remember in 2013-14 they used AC/DC's T.N.T. for a game or two before switching to Light Em Up by Fall Out Boy.

I think they might have used Ain't Talkin Bout Love by Van Halen at some point in the late 90s.

They used to use the Chicken Dance for the fourth goal before switching to Buster Poindexter's Hot Hot Hot. Then they went back to the Chicken Dance for a few years. I don't think they use anything special for the fourth goal anymore.

Recently they've used a bunch of EDM stuff that's only lasted a year or two before being changed.

Boo Yah by Showtek (2014-15)

Rocky Theme by Bill Conti + Secrets by Tiësto & KSHMR feat. Vassy (2015-16)

Fluxland by XL

The last couple years they used some weird Seven Nation Army remix.

Bro Hymn and Doop are definitely my favorites.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Doop was so underrated. I love a song that has a bit of goofy mocking tone to it.

Something that your opponent probably hates hearing if you are stacking a few goals on them.

Basically how I felt about Chealse Dagger haha

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I kind of think the new one is the worst one they've ever had since I've been watching hockey. It's not something that reverberates in my head every time I think of the Flyers scoring. It's not catchy, fast, or exciting. I'm not much of a fan of metal, but if you still want to do metal in the year of our lord 2019, then it should be modern, it should pulsate. This doesn't even sound that loud and it's metal. Should be borderline inducing goosebumps thinking about a huge goal being scored. If you have lyrics, you should want to recite it. Sounds like something you'd hear as background video game music. It frankly doesn't match the atmosphere they're trying to create in the building. And if I can't recognize it, it should be because I'm too old, not too young

Reactions: Rebels57

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
First post, LONG time lurker. I only joined because I like the game day threads and they serve as a substitute for watching the game with an actual person who likes hockey (of which I know few)....and, for some reason, the past few weeks of me hitting refresh on my browser did nothing for 20 minutes, then five pages would eventually pop up at once. Rinse and repeat. At least now I can view the live thread.

Anyway, yes, "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" was definitely a goal song for a period of time around the turn of the millennium, though I don't remember the exact years. It was fantastic within the arena (the F U Center at the time, I think) because the entire crowd would be on their feet screaming, "HEY HEY HEY," after a goal. So simple to remember, so easy to recite with fist pumps, and so effective because everyone was engaged. I remember being quite angry when they dropped it. I wish they'd bring it back!

Last edited:

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I kind of think the new one is the worst one they've ever had since I've been watching hockey. It's not something that reverberates in my head every time I think of the Flyers scoring. It's not catchy, fast, or exciting. I'm not much of a fan of metal, but if you still want to do metal in the year of our lord 2019, then it should be modern, it should pulsate. This doesn't even sound that loud and it's metal. Should be borderline inducing goosebumps thinking about a huge goal being scored. If you have lyrics, you should want to recite it. Sounds like something you'd hear as background video game music. It frankly doesn't match the atmosphere they're trying to create in the building. And if I can't recognize it, it should be because I'm too old, not too young
Not at all, that terrible annoying Florida Georgia line (I'd rather stick a toothpick under my toe nails and kick the wall) will forever and always will be the worst

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I remember in 2013-14 they used AC/DC's T.N.T. for a game or two before switching to Light Em Up by Fall Out Boy.

I think they might have used Ain't Talkin Bout Love by Van Halen at some point in the late 90s.

They used to use the Chicken Dance for the fourth goal before switching to Buster Poindexter's Hot Hot Hot. Then they went back to the Chicken Dance for a few years. I don't think they use anything special for the fourth goal anymore.

Recently they've used a bunch of EDM stuff that's only lasted a year or two before being changed.

Boo Yah by Showtek (2014-15)

Rocky Theme by Bill Conti + Secrets by Tiësto & KSHMR feat. Vassy (2015-16)

Fluxland by XL

The last couple years they used some weird Seven Nation Army remix.

Bro Hymn and Doop are definitely my favorites.

Chicken dance is still used at 4th goal due to chickfila breakfast promotion.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The new one isn't great, but it's still much better than what we had the last couple years.
At least the new goal song doesn't annoy me. You should never be annoyed by your own goal song.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
First post, LONG time lurker. I only joined because I like the game day threads and they serve as a substitute for watching the game with an actual person who likes hockey (of which I know few)....and, for some reason, the past few weeks of me hitting refresh on my browser did nothing for 20 minutes, then five pages would eventually pop up at once. Rinse and repeat. At least now I can view the live thread.

Anyway, yes, "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" was definitely a goal song for a period of time around the turn of the millennium, though I don't remember the exact years. It was fantastic within the arena (the F U Center at the time, I think) because the entire crowd would be on their feet screaming, "HEY HEY HEY," after a goal. So simple to remember, so easy to recite with fist pumps, and so effective because everyone was engaged. I remember being quite angry when they dropped it. I wish they'd bring it back!

I never noticed that on TV (and I was in Sweden at the time, so didn't get to watch very often), but that sounds like a perfect goal song to me. An actual band and an actual song, some aggression. Yes, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad