Flyers get outworked, outmuscled a lot! Reason for concern?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Hey guys.

Just looking Devils vs Flyers...

It´s another of these games.....

We get hit in the boards with the intent to injure our player...
We suffer goals in the crease, but no defender is doing anything vs the opponent in the crease....
we get hit in the mouth (Konecny)

And were doing.... NOTHING.....

The Ryan Hartman work in his first game was outstanding... He play on the edge but dont over...

I dont want the team to play the old hockey way, cause these times are gone. But where is our mean streak. Where is our Chara, why isn´t Konecny not playing like Marchand. Why is Hartman or Laughton not hitting on every opportunity... Hagg is playing weak in my eyes. His only plus was his board work and his mean streak. The last weeks he is playing like a small defender. How can all this small opponents score near our goal line?

All of that are concerns in my eyes.

What you think?

Reactions: FlyguyOX

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Hagg is playing weak in my eyes. His only plus was his board work and his mean streak. The last weeks he is playing like a small defender. How can all this small opponents score near our goal line?

What you think?

This is the only zone where Hagg has ever been physical.

upload_2019-3-1_20-49-48.png

sallahoose

May 13, 2014
Too small too soft Simmonds and (hate to say) manning being gone make this team exposed in my opinion lol

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Yes, this obviously needs to be addressed in the offseason. A big winger would be nice. Or maybe Morin will finally stick next year.

Reactions: renberg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tampa Bay may have the biggest group of defensemen in the league, and some forwards with snarl like Callahan and Paquette. They knew they were marshmallow soft and have tried to address it.

Morin will help, Flyers could also use a bottom six or two forward with speed and snarl.
TK tries, but he's not strong enough yet to play the "mighty mite" role.
Patrick showed some smart edge yesterday, picked his time when a penalty wouldn't hurt the team and delivered his message.
Hartman agitates more than Simmonds, but obviously isn't going to intimidate anyone.
Lindblom is a physical player, but not a fighter.

Flyers have been undersized the last 7-8 years and it shows on the ice, not fast enough to skate circles around thugs, not tough enough to keep teams from running at Giroux and Ghost.

Doesn't mean they have to find another Rinaldo, Shelly or even Simmonds, but it won't hurt to add guys like Ratcliffe, Allison, etc. along with speedy guys like Frost. Something tells me Farabee will play with an edge once he fills out.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Hey guys.

We suffer goals in the crease, but no defender is doing anything vs the opponent in the crease....

The Ryan Hartman work in his first game was outstanding... He play on the edge but dont over...

I dont want the team to play the old hockey way, cause these times are gone. But where is our mean streak. Where is our Chara, why isn´t Konecny not playing like Marchand. Why is Hartman or Laughton not hitting on every opportunity... Hagg is playing weak in my eyes. His only plus was his board work and his mean streak. The last weeks he is playing like a small defender. How can all this small opponents score near our goal line?

What you think?

it pretty much sums it up which is why i want an actual coach like q, which is why i dont want gordon here next year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hey guys.

What you think?

They did something about it by scoring 6 goals

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I agree that they sometimes get out worked but that’s a system and consistency thing. The turnovers all also cause issue there. I’m not trying to be the old flyers but I wouldn’t mind being the modern version of toughness with Morin, TK, gudas to an extent, Hartman.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Vegas is a good example of what the Flyers should emulate, they're fast, but not undersized and they forecheck and back check over 200 feet. They're a physical team in the modern NHL, hitting in the flow of the game.

Interesting that the top five hitters include two defensemen who are clear liabilities: Hagg and Johnston.

Hit stats may be a negative when they tempt defensemen to get out of position, a positive when they encourage forwards to skate harder to get to the puck carrier in the O-zone.

Reactions: forzanerazzurri

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I apologize for the ignorance, but I get to see no Flyers games.

Is Nolan Patrick physical on a regular basis? I've seen some nice hits, but does he play physical?

Also, is Hartman supposed to be a physical player? How has he looked in games so far?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I apologize for the ignorance, but I get to see no Flyers games.

Is Nolan Patrick physical on a regular basis? I've seen some nice hits, but does he play physical?

Also, is Hartman supposed to be a physical player? How has he looked in games so far?

Patrick doesnt shy away from hits, but hes not usually out there playing Predator, either. I think he knows when to throw a hit to affect the play, and when to not throw a hit because itll take him out of the play.

Hartman has looked good so far. Lots of energy, throws hits, creates offense and fore/back checks well. Hes filled in as a better Simmonds at 5v5, just without the fan appreciation,

Reactions: Pantokrator

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Patrick doesnt shy away from hits, but hes not usually out there playing Predator, either. I think he knows when to throw a hit to affect the play, and when to not throw a hit because itll take him out of the play.

Hartman has looked good so far. Lots of energy, throws hits, creates offense and fore/back checks well. Hes filled in as a better Simmonds at 5v5, just without the fan appreciation,
Thanks. I am really excited about Hartman. I'm hoping we sign him to a reasonable contract. I think he would be a really solid third liner.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks. I am really excited about Hartman. I'm hoping we sign him to a reasonable contract. I think he would be a really solid third liner.

Same. I cant imagine he asks for more than 2 mil, and we've got plenty of cap to go around, to be honest. I dont watch the prospects as much as maybe i should, but I don't see enough of them coming in to camp good enough to push an established 30 point, skilled and physical 3rd liner out of the lineup altogether. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they do though, and quite honestly, its a win-win either way. Either we promote the prospects and then trade Hartman, or Hartman functions as a good bridge to when players like Allison are ready.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->