Rumor: Flyers gearing up to trade Wayne Simmonds

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I don't know your prospect situation well enough, but from an outsider's POV that's not a bad deal. I was originally thinking something around Gourde, but that's a valuable ELC this year, and you would need to move some salary. What about Dotchin (what side does he play?), Killorn and Raddysh?

I am big on Raddysh but if Philly fans aren't, that won't look like a great deal.
Dotchin plays right side. He’s not worth a 2nd tho, especially if Mike Reilly only gets a 5th

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
How would you compare Heinen’s value to Connor Brown who was mentioned in this thread?

I’d value him above Brown and wouldn’t be willing to include a 1st if Heinen was the one going out the door.

I'm surprised by how close they are. Heinen has the better traditional production, Brown has the better P/60 and P1/60. 2 years apart. They seem to be on the same career arcs.

Reactions: DrJustice

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It depends on the player.
I'd rather add to Wayne and get Ryan Ellis than a 1st and a legit prospect.
I'd rather get a 1st and a legit prospect than Tyler Myers.

I'd take the Ellis deal too (over Myers) but I'd do Myers before I'd do a first and prospect. The Flyers have quite a few good ones. Adding a top 4 D who will give you 4-5 good years, helps move along the others. I just dont think Ellis is really available. There's been rumblings that Myers is due to Trouba and Morrissey needing deals.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Maybe for a 2-3 years, but something like 8 years, yiks.

A team who likely trades for him wants to re-sign him, and I would hate the Bruins to be that team.

Where did 8 years come from?

Dude will probably get 5 or 6 years. Will he suck? I don't know. We'll see. At present: he's quite valuable though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Teams should steer clear of this. The Flyers are smart for shopping him.
It’s the extension part that would hurt teams that want him. Seems to be a small percentage of players who are 31 who sign as ufa for terms of 5-6 years that ever fully pan out.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I've said it before I'll say it again. Simmonds is going to be Lucic/Brouwer 2.0 when he signs that deal in Summer 2019. Donotwant/10.

He's obviously still very valuble at this current time @ 1 year left @ 3.9 but I wan't nothing to do with him long term after that.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I've said it before I'll say it again. Simmonds is going to be Lucic/Brouwer 2.0 when he signs that deal in Summer 2019. Donotwant/10.

He's obviously still very valuble at this current time @ 1 year left @ 3.9 but I wan't nothing to do with him long term after that.

I guess its a good thing we're only asking for value typical of a rental of his caliber then, and not as if hes signed until he's 37..?

Reactions: SnS

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What kind of assets would the Flyers be looking for from the Bruins?

Honestly, I don't think they would trade Simmonds to Boston for anything short of a big overpayment. That's not a player/team combination Hextall is going to want to unite.

Reactions: DrJustice

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Where did 8 years come from?

Dude will probably get 5 or 6 years. Will he suck? I don't know. We'll see. At present: he's quite valuable though.

Why wouldn't he get, they all get 6+ year contracts and are among the worst contracts in the league.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
You have no way of knowing if Kapanen was on Hextall's board, and where he was. Perhaps he was right after Sanheim. and we just couldnt make a deal to get him. Just because he wasnt the #1 choice doesnt mean he didnt want him.

Hextall wanted Morgan Frost. Not enough to take him over Patrick though. He also wanted Konecny. But not at the expense of Provorov.

Again, literally the dumbest comment you can make on these boards.
again,... you do not know what I know..

Flyers organization specifically looked at him and went another way.. Did not interest the Flyers as a player back at the draft and should not be a part for trade for someone like Simmonds. Simple. So stop making stuff up and try to make these poor attempts to stay objective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
again,... you do not know what I know..

Flyers organization specifically looked at him and went another way.. Did not interest the Flyers as a player back at the draft and should not be a part for trade for someone like Simmonds. Simple. So stop making stuff up and try to make these poor attempts to stay objective.

Ah, cool. We've got an insider here.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Never said that. Another idiotic comment coming from you... You on the roll there bud..

You insinuated that the flyers looked at him and went another way. Im assuming you know that because youre an insider.

Ultimately though, it doesnt speak tot he point that just because they didnt like the player then, doesnt mean they wouldnt like the player now because prospects...wait for it... develop.

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon man.

Ker2079

Jun 20, 2018
Thoughts on Simmonds for Panarin? Flyers might need to add due to the age difference but might be a good hockey trade for both teams on players with expiring contracts.

Ker2079

Jun 20, 2018
we would need to add quite a bit
Panarin and Simmonds are in 2 different tax brackets so to speak
Totally agree. I figure it would cost us 14 and then one of the D prospects as well so long as he re-signs with us.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
You insinuated that the flyers looked at him and went another way. Im assuming you know that because youre an insider.

Ultimately though, it doesnt speak tot he point that just because they didnt like the player then, doesnt mean they wouldnt like the player now because prospects...wait for it... develop.

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon man.
Of course they looked at him... Maybe you should try to remember articles by Bill Meltzer, interviews, McKenzie even mentioned how close his dad to organization... but we did not like him.. Of course it does speaks to the point.. We did not like him then and we sure as hell do not like him now especially as a center piece for Simmonds. His upside is 2nd line if he is lucky...

I will enjoy it no matter what..

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I saw the Drai thing, but a few days ago I saw Parayko's name thrown out there for a much more stomach-able return. If they want a Drai, then it isn't happening for us. Parayko isn't that important to me.

Trading a roster player doesn't defeat the purpose of a contending team if it's a "hockey trade" like I think this would be. Sanheim with ice time will contribute right away and Simmonds of course can be an All-star. I don't see why this doesn't fit that (in theory).
Sanheim probably doesn't even crack the Blues current roster this year unless he takes a massive step forward this offseason.

The Blues are already looking like they'll need to either healthy scratch Gunnarsson or deal him given their depth at that position, and he played well last year in a bottom four role. Edmundson, Dunn, and Bouwmeester are all firmly ahead of Sanheim at the moment.

Personally, I don't think there's any chance that Parayko would be considered something on the table in a trade for Simmonds. Not even if Philly was offering major futures plusses along with him. I don't think the Blues have any intention of moving him anyway, but even if they did, that's almost certainly not the sort of deal they would looking for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad