Flyers Early Beard Program

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I guess we are all familiar with the ritual of hockey players growing out beards for the PostSeason... Some players grow one each round and shave after each round completion, while some let them grow clear through... Some don't participate by choice and some do as best they can considering genetic circumstances.

Some players, such as Coots this season and Harts in past seasons, just have beards... I've noticed that this season most of the Flyers Players started growing during the past difficult stretch of the Stretch Run, and some but not all shaved once the winning streak was snapped.

But, all in all, it seems to me that this Season the Flyers Players are getting early starts on the beards -- I know more after tonight -- and I have decided to start mine early also... I now have a few days beard going.

Interesting (to me, anyway) story... During the 2010 PlayOffs I saved my beard when the Flyers went 0-3 down to the Bruins... I then restarted near or when they tied the series up... By the time they finished Game Six of the SCF I had a long and full beard. I always wonder how good it would have been had I not been foolish enough to prematurely shave it in a faithless manner... I may have rivaled Coots' current one. LOL... I will not make that same mistake twice.

Question: What are the plans and stories concerning PostSeason Beards of the fans here... and does anyone have any interesting tales about NHL PO Beards and particularly ones involving Flyers Player?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I honestly never had the oppurtunity to grow one, 2010 was the last good chance to do so but I was still in high school at the time & it was a catholic high school school in which they required us to be shaved & groomed otherwise you would get detentions & such.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I have a year-round beard and have since my college days. I've always thought of doing a "reverse" playoff beard and shaving every day of the playoffs, but I love my beard too much to do that.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I am at 'late January Couturier' right now.

140319_CootsBeard_Thumb.jpg

I have never got past ~mid-February Couturier though...

I have great beard growth but after that it goes a bit wild even if I 'prune' it.. silly curly hair.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Not possible for me. The Man doesn't allow me to.

F The Man.

...The things we do for a paycheck...

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
My beard is patchey. It's gotten better in the recent years but still crappy. My father couldn't grow one until he was 40. My brother though grows a great beard. I just wasn't meant to be a beard grower...

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
My facial hair is still in the process of developing but recently is starting to become more noticeable and thicker. Mostly on my neck, chin and sideburns. Still waiting for the cheeks to fill in. I have a pretty light mustache too.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I have a pretty large beard year round. I have recently trimmed it, however. I'll keep it going during the playoffs though

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I have a beard on my back.....:sarcasm:

BTW...I think Coots' beard was assembled from Hartnell's hair when he finally shaved off that rat's nest...:laugh:

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'm just concerned that we are still not in the playoffs. I don't put it beyond the Flyers to not actually qualify. When I listen to the radio, everyone talks like we have clinched a spot. I am too superstitious and jinx-believing to be that confident.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Bumping this sucker with a new question: Will anyone dye their beards like Voracek and Hartnell did if the Flyers ge on a roll?

My beard is gray/white... as is my hair... that would be a huge contrast. :laugh:

Voila_Capture-2014-04-17_11-51-00_AM.jpg

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Bumping this sucker with a new question: Will anyone dye their beards like Voracek and Hartnell did if the Flyers ge on a roll?

My beard is gray/white... as is my hair... that would be a huge contrast. :laugh:

Voila_Capture-2014-04-17_11-51-00_AM.jpg

Simmonds said they have to start calling Voracek "Black Beard" because he looks like a pirate. :laugh:

I shaved earlier so that I go in clean for the start tonight. I'm not a successful beard grower unfortunately though. I get facial hair, but it's disgusting and looks exactly like Dustin Brown.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Simmonds said they have to start calling Voracek "Black Beard" because he looks like a pirate. :laugh:

I shaved earlier so that I go in clean for the start tonight. I'm not a successful beard grower unfortunately though. I get facial hair, but it's disgusting and looks exactly like Dustin Brown.

:laugh: Harts looks weird... I understand that they are going for the Ginger & Black effect... as in Orange and Black. :naughty:

I love that they are THIS loose... Hope that means that there are no butterflies and they can get an early jump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad