LeBrun: Flyers considering Jonathan Bernier

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
:eek: Just looked at the LHD depth for the Wings. Dekeyser, Staal, and Nemeth. I'm super shocked they didn't claim Ghost.

The only thing I can think of is that if Yzerman wants him, he sees it as a cap dump by Philly and doesn't want to do them the favor, without a sweetener.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Depends on the price. Bernier is an upgrade to the moose though and a big upgrade to this year's version of Carter Hart. Honestly, I think the best thing for Hart would be to go down to the Phantoms for the rest of the season and work on his game/get his confidence back. Bernier would be a nice replacement for moose in the offseason.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Look - if the Flyers are stupid enough to think Jonathan Bernier is going to make a meaningful difference, they're going to have to pay for the meaningful difference.

The Red Wings are either going to get a good price for Bernier, or they are going to resign him.
They're not going to give him away.
Yeah hart for bernier is definitely fair value, I’ll do you one better I’ll give you elliot and ghost for seider and veleno

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Obviously you want as much as you can realistically get, but I'd take a 2nd for Bernier. If you could condition more on playoff success I could see that making sense.

I'd also be very open to just extending his deal if he's interested.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Depends on the price. Bernier is an upgrade to the moose though and a big upgrade to this year's version of Carter Hart. Honestly, I think the best thing for Hart would be to go down to the Phantoms for the rest of the season and work on his game/get his confidence back. Bernier would be a nice replacement for moose in the offseason.
Hart would have to go thru waivers...so this is not an option

Reactions: The Madrigal

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
The thing that I really don't get about this is that Bernier has been out for the past 2 weeks, with no timetable for a return announced yet by the team.

I really can't see anybody considering Bernier right now until there's more clarity about exactly how much longer he'll be out for.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Not sure how long Bernier will be on the IR

upload_2021-3-31_18-55-21.png

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I love the thought of stealing away Carter Hart because he's an amazing goalie prospect. I also know it's f***ing ridiculous to think you can get him for a pittance because he's having a rough third season.

Bernier + G. Smith doesn't move the needle in any way for him... and Ghost Bear isn't a negative value asset. They felt they could get away with waiving him because he is a one-dimensional D with three years at 4.5 and the cap is going to stay flat for a couple years... and Seattle is coming in, so if you took him... you'd probably want/need to protect him and potentially lose someone else... and you needed to have an open roster spot or contract spot and so on. Also, if the rumors of Philly wanting to waive/get rid of him to make a big move... you're probably looking to get paid to take Philly's obstacle to that move as opposed to helping them out for free.

Reactions: Tripod

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Hart would have to go thru waivers...so this is not an option

Ehh we need to clear cap for a few days. I mean he's statistically the worst goaltender in the league. Pretty sure he clears, right?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It's so odd, every time the Flyers think they have found their long term goalie, things seem to fall apart. Bernier would be a good addition but I think a few teams might be interested in him.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->