LeBrun: Flyers considering Jonathan Bernier

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
The mistake philly made was picking elliott as a backup. Elliott is great to pair with a legit starter that can start 70% of your games. Hes a pro that can give you one quality a week...but if you lean on him for more than that he falls apart quick.

Hart isnt at the point where he can be consistent enough to start 70%. So when he goes bad, elliott cant make up the difference and it becomes an issue.

Bernier is a much better fit with Carter. Best case is flyers trade for him then extend him next year and they can have a tandem situation.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The mistake philly made was picking elliott as a backup. Elliott is great to pair with a legit starter that can start 70% of your games. Hes a pro that can give you one quality a week...but if you lean on him for more than that he falls apart quick.

Hart isnt at the point where he can be consistent enough to start 70%. So when he goes bad, elliott cant make up the difference and it becomes an issue.

Bernier is a much better fit with Carter. Best case is flyers trade for him then extend him next year and they can have a tandem situation.

I mean it worked last year.

the issue is hart is not playing like a starter who can handle, or at least deserves, 70% of starts. Elliott is not the issue here.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Elliot is the least of the issues in Philly. He is regarded as the backup. How many fire sales are caused by a backup goalie? Hart is your ready or good enough. Defence is soft. Poor coaching at times.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
ummmmm more like HART ...no way we trade hart for those scrubs

for sure, but only line of thinking I could see is that the poster thought that Ghost's value is so negative (it isn't) that it would make hart affordable (he is not).

no way the flyers are dealing their #1 goalie. He is what the Flyers organization has been looking for since Hextall.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Ghost for Moritz Seider

Look - if the Flyers are stupid enough to think Jonathan Bernier is going to make a meaningful difference, they're going to have to pay for the meaningful difference.

The Red Wings are either going to get a good price for Bernier, or they are going to resign him.
They're not going to give him away.

Reactions: lilidk

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Look - if the Flyers are stupid enough to think Jonathan Bernier is going to make a meaningful difference, they're going to have to pay for the meaningful difference.

The Red Wings are either going to get a good price for Bernier, or they are going to resign him.

Try again.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

Look your either sarcastic.......so haha.

Or you need to get checked out.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Yawn.
You guys need the goalie.
Not us.
If you don't want Bernier, I understand. Flyers are toast. They shouldn't waste assets this deadline.

I agree that the Flyers shouldn't be wasting assets this year. We certainly aren't trading Carter Hart for 1/2 a season of Jonathan Bernier and an AHL/4th line guy.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Yawn.
You guys need the goalie.
Not us.
If you don't want Bernier, I understand. Flyers are toast. They shouldn't waste assets this deadline.

Which is it? Cause few minutes earlier you came up with a Hart trade proposal.
Flyers at .559 would be in the playoffs in 2 of 4 divisions. .378 is toast. lots of hockey to be played for a .559 team to catch up.

I dont want Bernier. I agree on bolded.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
So the Flyers can get a little closer to the playoffs, while losing a few spots in the draft. Yeah, sounds about right.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Which is it? Cause few minutes earlier you came up with a Hart trade proposal.
Flyers at .559 would be in the playoffs in 2 of 4 divisions. .378 is toast. lots of hockey to be played for a .559 team to catch up.

I dont want Bernier. I agree on bolded.

I didn't propose the Flyers trade for Bernier.
It was reported by Lebrun that's what they are considering.
I merely offered something within the framework.

Personally, I'd stand pat and probably sell if I were the Flyers' GM.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009

That would be Elliot +, not Hart. Those coming with Hart proposal for Bernier + are wasting time.

Tough to sell at this point. 2 weeks till deadline. Situation might change and gms will be in a trading mood then.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

and you think that payment should be hart and Ghost?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
When you look at Bernier's numbers, be aware, on the Wings' board Ghost slotted in as the top LHD. That's how bad the defense in front of him is.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Hart + is not within framework IMO. Detroit would be lucky to get a conditional 2nd for Bernier IMO

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

hahaha...and Hart is within the framework???

Even you know this is BS.

Reactions: Dooble08 and YP44

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
When you look at Bernier's numbers, be aware, on the Wings' board Ghost slotted in as the top LHD. That's how bad the defense in front of him is.

:eek: Just looked at the LHD depth for the Wings. Dekeyser, Staal, and Nemeth. I'm super shocked they didn't claim Ghost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad