Claimed off Waivers: Flyers claim Oduya

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Makes no sense. Oduya isnt what it's gonna take to get into or through the playoffs ! Hextall needed to add something good, not replace mediocre, Alt, with mediocre, Oduya . Flyers are undersized to begin with, and they now got smaller.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Makes no sense. Oduya isnt what it's gonna take to get into or through the playoffs ! Hextall needed to add something good, not replace mediocre, Alt, with mediocre, Oduya . Flyers are undersized to begin with, and they now got smaller.

...you werent really expecting the Flyers to make a contender style move, were you?

Reactions: BernieParent

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
...you werent really expecting the Flyers to make a contender style move, were you?

Why is the GM adding a veteran defenseman if he didn't think they can contend in the playoffs ? He traded for a goalie so YES I expected a better addition. He could have added a scrub goaltender to get by but he added one of the best available

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why is the GM adding a veteran defenseman if he didn't think they can contend in the playoffs ? He traded for a goalie so YES I expected a better addition. He could have added a scrub goaltender to get by but he added one of the best available

Because the goalie cost a 3rd round pick, and he kind of had to unless he wanted to play Lyon, and the defenseman cost nothing, and he had lost his #7 d man?

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Because the goalie cost a 3rd round pick, and he kind of had to unless he wanted to play Lyon, and the defenseman cost nothing, and he had lost his #7 d man?
Hexy said they put the claim in on Oduya before they knew about Alt leaving. Alt was going down, so good luck to him. Oduya is good veteran for the playoffs, assuming the dolt coach won't play Sanheim. Do you really want Brennan or Alt in a playoff game?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hexy said they put the claim in on Oduya before they knew about Alt leaving. Alt was going down, so good luck to him. Oduya is good veteran for the playoffs, assuming the dolt coach won't play Sanheim. Do you really want Brennan or Alt in a playoff game?

I don't, no. I'm ok with Oduya on the team. Was defending tbr claim, actually.

Not ok with him playing over other people, but that's here nor there I suppose. Maybe Hak will surprise me.

Reactions: Larry44

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I wish nobody claimed senators players so melnyk would get pissy about paying guys millions to play in the minors

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Addition by subtraction for Ottawa. Lets one of Harper or Jaros play and gets rid one one flailingly old used up player.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Good pickup for the Flyers. Oduya remains underrated and adding a guy who has been to the dance before is not a bad idea for that team.

Neither Burrows, or Oduya would have gone to the minors.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
Who pays his first bonus of 41 games played ? Is that already paid or owed at the end of the season?

Does this reset for flyers or does it take both teams into account since he played on both? "top 5 in TOI for defensemen"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad