Confirmed with Link: Flyers claim Oduya off waivers

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim is not far superior this year, at least at this time - talent is not performance.
Maybe by April, maybe next year.
But he's not the savior right now.
And proclaiming it over and over simply doesn't make it so - this team is playing just fine without his saving grace.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If only they weren't so obsessed with "chemistry" they'd so easily be able to upgrade this defense to a far superior group.

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Oduya-Trash

But even if Hextall realizes this, Hakstol wouldn't use them, so there's no point in bringing him up. Our 3rd best defensemen remains in the AHL, wasting time.

Its weird how hesitant they are to mess with the "lockeroom magic."

Every legit contender just altered their roster. Why arent they concerned with it?

Will Hextall ever be in win-now mode and pull of a move that risks disrupting lockeroom juju?

We shall see.

Reactions: FrustratedFlyer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
In two years.

The talent for a long-run just isn't here right now, and chemistry is their only hope.
And chemistry matters as the Eagles just showed, it doesn't replace talent, but it can augment talent.

But it's like people who want the Phillies to spend mega-bucks for over 30 pitchers coming off a 66 win season.
First build a solid team, get some playoff experience, THEN make the move to get to the promised land.

Right now it's a fun ride, and a tight clubhouse - so why mess with it for marginal gain?
Now in two years if we're coming off a 105 point season where we lost in the 2nd rd, then you make the big move.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I think Hextall could easily make a move at the end summer to make this team a contender or close enough. This team has some elite players on it. By the conclusion of this season this team should be significantly better than it was at the start (Patrick getting healthy, Lindblom staying up(hopefully), and Sanheim being promoted(fingers crossed)). Firing the PK coach would be a good start as well.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sanheim is not far superior this year, at least at this time - talent is not performance.
Maybe by April, maybe next year.
But he's not the savior right now.
And proclaiming it over and over simply doesn't make it so - this team is playing just fine without his saving grace.

I just don't understand how THEY - the hive - can confuse "talent" with "man strength" - I mean, do they even speak English? I'm with you head, I'll believe Sanheim is any good if and when he adds 3-4 inches and 40 pounds and not a minute sooner.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Do you guys really think they would have picked Morin at 11 if they saw him topping out at 6'10'' 275 lbs? He will come in to camp next year with added muscle and a few inches. 7'1'' 300 lbs.

Once the Pens got Oleksiak, Hextall decided to push forward with Project Beanstalk. Morin got his shins broken and separated

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
If oduya can still play a little bit he brings a journeyman status the teams been missing for a while. Hes been there in the playoffs and he knows how to compete. Veteran leadership from an actual proven veteran. Basically everything you want Andrew McDonald to be at a reasonable cap hit. He strikes me as the kind of player you want this young d corpse to be around. Just wish sanheim was here to get the on ice coaching he needs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad