Rumor: Flyers Canadiens Talking Trade, Coburn, Talbot, Simmonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFlyer

Jul 3, 2011
UK
Either of these issues are not worth making a bad trade over. Bonuses earned are the only ones that apply vs LTIR. Further, I would imagine that players could be put on LTIR on day 1.

Absolutely agree. Just think it makes a bit more sense not to dice so close with the cap, it's not like it hasn't bitten us before. I don't necessarily think that a Coburn for Beauleau trade is a bad trade. Losing Coburn isn't ideal, but adding more cap space and Beauleau is. If it doesn't happen I'll not lose sleep.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I'm curious - for you guys who really like Beaulieu, what about his game is so appealing? I've never seen anything out of him that separates him from all the other dime a dozen players.

As for the trade, it's laughable at best, and I value Simmonds lower than most of you.

SgtJoseph*

I'm curious - for you guys who really like Beaulieu, what about his game is so appealing? I've never seen anything out of him that separates him from all the other dime a dozen players.

As for the trade, it's laughable at best, and I value Simmonds lower than most of you.

Absolutely agree with this ! Well said !

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I dont know why people are still talking about this. It is a bs rumor that doesnt really make sense capwise or position wise. Its a habs fans wetdream, nothing more.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Jeremy Filosa (98.5 Sports): Habs and Flyers trying to make a multi-player deal. Talbot would be going to Montreal in this trade.

Coburn is in one of the discussions. (Assistent GM) Rick Dudley loves.

The Flyers want a young prospect with a contract of one year or less, Nathan Beaulieu style.

Richard Labbe (La Presse): I just talked to M. Talbot, said he was not aware of this "exchange". "It's a rumor."

Stephane Laporte (La Presse): Rumor of Montreal Philadelphia trade: Coburn, Simmonds and Talbot for Plekanec, Moen and Beaulieu

Tony Marinaro (TSN 690 Montreal): Habs want Coburn and Talbot. If they offer Blunden, GM Paul Holmgren might just go for it...

Source (http://www.flyersnation.net/2013/07...ens-talking-trade-coburn-talbot-simmonds.html)

I have personally heard Pacioretty's name being floated around in these rumors.

lol whatt? Flyers would never make this trade proposal.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík

He's a tremendous passer, he has good size (6'3") and is a very good skater, with speed, he can work a PP and his shot is decent. His hockey sense is also a high point for him as well. I don't see him being a top pairing guy, but I definitely think he will be a top 4 guy with offensive upside and solid defensive awareness. I wouldn't put being a #2, #3 guy past him. He has a lot of talent.

Last edited:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
We are not, and should not trade Simmonds. He has a good cap-hit and plays the kinda hockey we love in Philly!

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
Per Hockey-Reference.com, Coburn has also played at least 21 minutes per game in every season since 2007-08. He logs alotof minutes, leads me to believe that Flyers will want to pick up another D (Pietrangelo via offer sheet?)

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Per Hockey-Reference.com, Coburn has also played at least 21 minutes per game in every season since 2007-08. He logs alotof minutes, leads me to believe that Flyers will want to pick up another D (Pietrangelo via offer sheet?)

Or the Flyers could just not trade Coburn.

Our team is fine. No reason to go all in for Pietrangelo.

If he falls on your doorstep, you scoop him up.

However, STL's asking price (2 top 6 forwards +) is probably something like Voracek + Simmonds + 1st.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
Or the Flyers could just not trade Coburn.

Our team is fine. No reason to go all in for Pietrangelo.

If he falls on your doorstep, you scoop him up.

However, STL's asking price (2 top 6 forwards +) is probably something like Voracek + Simmonds + 1st.

Ive never had a problem with Coburn, appears Homer is shopping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad