Rumor: Flyers Canadiens Talking Trade, Coburn, Talbot, Simmonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I could see something around Coburn for Beaulieu. Anything involving Simmonds is highly unlikely.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Yeah, none of those guys are reliable in the slightest.

Marinaro is a huge idiot. Labbe barely has the intellect to breath.

Filosa apparently rarely ever discusses hockey from what other hab fans have said that have heard of this guy.

A guy from Philadelphia said that the Flyers weren't doing any deals today. This was said after that Filosa guy said that the deal was "close to being done"

Yeah I wouldn't buy into anything any main beat writers from Philly say, especially if it's from the mouth of Homer.

You think if Bergevin called up Homer and said "Subban for Talbot, one time offer, you have 10 secs because I'm plastered", Homer would respond with "Sorry, not doing deals today..."

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Come to think of it, I'm not moving Simmonds even for patches. It's not worth it.

I do however like Beaulieu a lot. I would love bringing him in.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Simmer better not be traded ever, unless Lucic becomes a Flyer. In other words, never, so this better not go down.

My rant aside, this deal is just hilariously bad for the Flyers. :biglaugh:

Clown Baby*

Jeremy Filosa (98.5 Sports): Habs and Flyers trying to make a multi-player deal. Talbot would be going to Montreal in this trade.

Coburn is in one of the discussions. (Assistent GM) Rick Dudley loves.

The Flyers want a young prospect with a contract of one year or less, Nathan Beaulieu style.

Richard Labbe (La Presse): I just talked to M. Talbot, said he was not aware of this "exchange". "It's a rumor."

Stephane Laporte (La Presse): Rumor of Montreal Philadelphia trade: Coburn, Simmonds and Talbot for Plekanec, Moen and Beaulieu

Tony Marinaro (TSN 690 Montreal): Habs want Coburn and Talbot. If they offer Blunden, GM Paul Holmgren might just go for it...

Source (http://www.flyersnation.net/2013/07...ens-talking-trade-coburn-talbot-simmonds.html)

I have personally heard Pacioretty's name being floated around in these rumors.
Is this a rumor, or a shopping list of what Montreal fans would like from Philadelphia? Because there really aren't enough Francophones involved.

I'm thinking Giroux, Couturier, Talbot, Morin, and Simmonds for Price, Gionta, Prust, and Komisarek could really set this team up for greatness. Do we need to add a second to help even things out?

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
If Subban isn't coming back, I'm not dealing Coburn, Simmonds, and Talbot.

And what the hell do we want with Plekanec? Another center who would be way less effective on the wing?

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Lmao @ if they offer Blunden they just might do it. Like he's the sweetener of the deal. What a load of crap.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Even if this is true, I don't think Homer is dumb enough to make that trade. Why the hell would we want Plekanec? We have enough centers.

JoeFlyer

Jul 3, 2011
UK
Could maybe see something like Beaulieu and Pacioretty for Coburn, Simmonds with something else thrown in (Talbot)? Not sure if it's that's a good move or not though...

Simmonds and Pacioretty largely replace one another, Coburn shores up their D a bit more, saves us cap (which we could do with), Beaulieu gives us a young PMD with potential...

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Even if this is true, I don't think Homer is dumb enough to make that trade. Why the hell would we want Plekanec? We have enough centers.

The rest of the players are just trash. Beaulieu is a nice flashy prospect but all for Coburn, Simmonds, and Talbot? Lmao.

Simmonds alone would garner a better package then that crap.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Could maybe see something like Beaulieu and Pacioretty for Coburn, Simmonds with something else thrown in (Talbot)? Not sure if it's that's a good move or not though...

Simmonds and Pacioretty largely replace one another, Coburn shores up their D a bit more, saves us cap (which we could do with), Beaulieu gives us a young PMD with potential...

We already got a PMD. His name is Streit. Pacioretty doesn't replace Simmer. He won't stick up for guys like Simmonds does. He might be a little more talent but Simmonds does it all.

JoeFlyer

Jul 3, 2011
UK
We already got a PMD. His name is Streit. Pacioretty doesn't replace Simmer. He won't stick up for guys like Simmonds does. He might be a little more talent but Simmonds does it all.

I think that considering Timonen and Streit have a combined age of 74 it wouldn't hurt us to get a guy like Beaulieu into the system. Agree with you about Simminds, though I think we have enough players who can stick up for each other I can't really see the point in moving him. If we could do Coburn for Beaulieu I'd consider it... I like Coburn but I think we could do with shedding at least one D and Coburn has the most upside in terms of getting a useful piece back.

Wiqkid*

That trade is god awful. Another fricken center. Can't be true

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
This rumor has to be full of ****, why would we ever need Plekanec? And there is no way Simmonds is being moved, he has became my favorite Flyer since he was brought here, my heart will break if he is moved, especially for that garbage in the proposal. And Blunden? Why would we want him...he's 26 and hasn't broken into the nhl yet, unless there is a second Blunden that I don't know about.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Even taking into account that the thread I read on this from the Canadiens' POV was on their (obviously biased) website, it was just embarrassing. Apparently, Gionta would be a great part of this deal because a) his $5 mil salary comes off the books after next season, and b) he's recovering from a major injury so his salary wouldn't even mess up the Flyers' current cap hell. :shakehead

Honestly, it was just a whole lot of what Clown Baby said: a shopping list from Habs fans with some begrudging allowance that they may have to actually send a good player (Beaulieu) back to the Flyers.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Honestly, Subban is the only player on Montreal that really interests me if the cost is Simmonds (obv we'd have to add), anyone else and I wouldn't do it. No, not even Price, maybe I have major Flyer glasses on, but I don't really see him as an elite top 5 goalie in league that apparently so many others on hfboards see him as, he's an above average goalie, better than either of the two we have signed, but premier power forwards that can do everything are a lot harder to come by than a top 8-10 goalie.

Last edited:

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I've been following this on TSN as Im a Flyer fan in Canada, talk is Montreal is extremely interested in Talbot and Coburn but are not willing to give up a prospect.

LOL, so there is no deal to have. We're not Calgary and Homer is a smart guy. Go and try to rip someone else off.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I think that considering Timonen and Streit have a combined age of 74 it wouldn't hurt us to get a guy like Beaulieu into the system. Agree with you about Simminds, though I think we have enough players who can stick up for each other I can't really see the point in moving him. If we could do Coburn for Beaulieu I'd consider it... I like Coburn but I think we could do with shedding at least one D and Coburn has the most upside in terms of getting a useful piece back.

The Flyers aren't trading Simmonds.

Realistically, as I posted last night, I can see Talbot being expendable for a decent prospect. Losing his $1.75MM cap hit would make sense if there was another UFA we were looking at still unsigned or if Homer wanted to sign Gagne. There must be a Montreal prospect our scouts like. How about Zach Furcale for Talbot, Gervais and Bourdon?

But really, we don't need anything. If it's decided Laughton stays, we're full up. If he goes back, it frees up a LW spot for McGinn or Raffl, which would be a good thing.

I signed Gus for 1.1MM, traded Pronger and demoted Gervais and Bourdon.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Adam Hall ($0.600m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.100m) /

GOALTENDERS
Ray Emery ($1.650m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)

OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,874,594; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,225,406

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->