Rumor: Flyers Canadiens Talking Trade, Coburn, Talbot, Simmonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
Jeremy Filosa (98.5 Sports): Habs and Flyers trying to make a multi-player deal. Talbot would be going to Montreal in this trade.

Coburn is in one of the discussions. (Assistent GM) Rick Dudley loves.

The Flyers want a young prospect with a contract of one year or less, Nathan Beaulieu style.

Richard Labbe (La Presse): I just talked to M. Talbot, said he was not aware of this "exchange". "It's a rumor."

Stephane Laporte (La Presse): Rumor of Montreal Philadelphia trade: Coburn, Simmonds and Talbot for Plekanec, Moen and Beaulieu

Tony Marinaro (TSN 690 Montreal): Habs want Coburn and Talbot. If they offer Blunden, GM Paul Holmgren might just go for it...

Source (http://www.flyersnation.net/2013/07...ens-talking-trade-coburn-talbot-simmonds.html)

I have personally heard Pacioretty's name being floated around in these rumors.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
I really like Simmonds, dont want to see him go. Not a big Pacoretty fan either.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Agree with the above. Simmonds stays unless we get Pacioretty, but even then, Simmonds is a one of a kind player. I don't see a point in upgrading to Pacioretty.

I absolutely love Beaulieu though. I'd be okay if Coburn was moved in a deal involving him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn't even want Pacioretty for Simmonds. The value may be right but Simmonds does more for this team than Pacioretty could. Good luck playing Boston, Toronto, etc. without Simmonds.

It's a dumb rumor but I thought I would throw that out there.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Ill be pissed if simmer is gone. Talk about prototypical flyer. Wears the 17 of clement homer berube and rod. They dont just give that number out

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
I've been following this on TSN as Im a Flyer fan in Canada, talk is Montreal is extremely interested in Talbot and Coburn but are not willing to give up a prospect.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
I wouldn't want a single player from Montreal other than Subban.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
Maybe theres a way Homer can get Briere back.... Thats a bit of wishful thinking... Still not interested in gving up Simmonds.... Talbot can be dealt because he is similar to the role Rinaldo and Hall play.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
No, we can't even acquire him for another year. He's done anyway.

Thanks! Was not sure if you could trade for a player you bought out that was signed by another team. Wasn't sure, makes alot of sense though. At least we know there is no way in the universe "Bryz" is coming back!

Analyzer*

Yeah, none of those guys are reliable in the slightest.

Marinaro is a huge idiot. Labbe barely has the intellect to breath.

Filosa apparently rarely ever discusses hockey from what other hab fans have said that have heard of this guy.

A guy from Philadelphia said that the Flyers weren't doing any deals today. This was said after that Filosa guy said that the deal was "close to being done"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad