Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2021

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Maybe this is a reach here. I'm not sure, but a lot of services have him ranked in the 3rd anyway, and he intrigues me based on what I've read about him, and I'm not sure he'll last to 96, so might as well grab him here.

:wings

Detroit selects C Riley Kidney

View attachment 445268

38 points in 33 games, apparently a lot of them even strength, and 17 points in 9 playoff games. Stat watching at its finest, and the Q isn't the strongest major junior league I guess, but it's worth a shot :dunno:

6- D Owen Power/Michigan (NCAA)
24- C Francesco Pinelli/Kitchener (OHL)
38- C/W Xavier Bourgault/Shawinigan (QMJHL)
48- D Evan Nause/Quebec (QMJHL)
53- D Jack Peart/Fargo (USHL)
70- C Riley Kidney/Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)

@FlyTimmo
The fact that you didn't make a joke about his last name is criminal.

Bender B Rodriguez

Apr 24, 2020
:kings picks Chicago Steel defenceman Jack Bar.

Birthplace: Newmarket, ON, CAN
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 194 lbs
Shoots: Right
Draft season: 5+10=15, 34 gp (Chicago Steel, USHL)

Jack-Bar-Chicago-Steel-2.jpg

LA Kings selections:

1-8) Dylan Guenther, LW/RW (Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL)
2-40) Oliver Kapanen, C ( KalPa U20, U20 SM-sarja)
2-50) Prokhor Poltapov, RW (Krasnaya Armiya Moskva, MHL)
3-72) Jack Bar, RD (Chicago Steel, USHL)

@Rebels57 on the clock!

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters

View attachment 445332

LA Kings selections:

@Rebels57 on the clock!
Top of my list for D. Nice pick up!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

View attachment 445332

LA Kings selections:

@Rebels57 on the clock!
Nice. Was probably at the top of my shortlist for 81.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
"In 2007, a crack (smoking) hockey management unit was sent to the worst run team in the league by a military court for the crime of being willing to go there. These men promptly remained in this maximum security stockade, dreaming of the Ottawa underground. Today, still wanted by the ownership they survive as idiots of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The O-Team."

maxresdefault.jpg

Starring Pierre Dorion as...Hannibal

August-02-2019-_SSK0056PierreDorion_FacesSisk_web.jpg

Peter MacTavish as... Face
Peter-MacTavish_web-800x445.jpg

Mr. S as DJ Baracas
cut.jpg

And...a cardboard cutout of Bryan Murray as "Howling Mad" Murraydoch.
bryan-murray.jpg

BoldLastingDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Pierre Dorion: Ok everyone, get ready for drop.
MacTavish: What's the plan? And why is DJ out cold?
Pierre: I had to drug his milk to get him to fly.
MacTavish: Why? He flies with the team all the time.
Pierre: No, he's a bad flyer. Don't you watch the show?
MacTavish: What show?
Cardboard cutout of Murray: I sthink your phone ish tinging.
Pierre: You're right, my phone is ringing. Who would call me?
MacTavish: No one said anything. Who are you talking to?
Pierre: Hello?

bettman_phone.jpg

Bettman: Dorion, where are you? You have a pick.
Pierre: In the 5th round.
Bettman: No, in the 3rd. Did you read the list right? It's the 4th and 5th you traded away your picks.
Pierre: I'm in the air right now on a helicopter going to rescue Mr. Melnyk from pirates.
Bettman: You're going to forfeit your pick.
Pierre: Like hell I am. We're good enough to be able to do it over the phone. Everyone is picking remotely, right?
Bettman: I suppose.
Pierre: ALRIGHT! MACTAVISH! A lot of our targets were already taken! Spin the wheel and pick a winner. Don't waste a third rounder. Also, we're dropping in 60 seconds so get ready.
MacTavish: Do we even have a plan? Also, is that a code for who you want me to pick.
Pierre: Of course we have a plan, otherwise how can I love it when it comes together. And what code are you talking about? Pick!
Mactavish: Alright, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select, with the 74th pick in the NHL entry draft, from the WHL Seattle Thunderbirds, LW Conner Roulette.

SEA-ROULETTE-032320-1024x576.jpg

@Chuck Downie is up!

Pierre: GO GO GO!

giphy.gif

Ottawa Senators
1 - 10 - Simon Edvinsson, LD, Frölunda, (Allsvenskan)
2 - 39 - Stanislav Svozil, LD, HC Kometa Brno (Extraliga)
2 - 42 - William Strömgren, LW, MODO (Allsvenskan)
3 - 74 - Conner Roulette, LW, Seattle (WHL)

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
"In 2007, a crack hockey management unit was sent to the worst run team in the league by a military court for the crime of being willing to go there. These men promptly remained in this maximum security stockade, dreaming of the Ottawa underground. Today, still wanted by the ownership they survive as idiots of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The O-Team."

maxresdefault.jpg

Mr. S as DJ Baracas
cut.jpg

And...a cardboard cutout of Bryan Murray as "Howling Mad" Murdoch.

bettman_phone.jpg

Bettman: No, in the 3rd. Did you read the list right? It's the 4th and 5th you traded away your picks.
Pierre: I'm in the air right now on a helicopter going to rescue Mr. Melnyk from pirates.
Pierre: Like hell I am. We're good enough to be able to do it over the phone. Everyone is picking remotely, right?
Pierre: ALRIGHT! MACTAVISH! A lot of our targets were already taken! Spin the wheel and pick a winner. Don't waste a third rounder. Also, we're dropping in 60 seconds so get ready.
MacTavish: Do we even have a plan? Also, is that a code for who you want me to pick.
Pierre: Of course we have a plan, otherwise how can I love it when it comes together. And what code are you talking about? Pick!
Mactavish: Alright, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select, with the 74th pick in the NHL entry draft, from the WHL Seattle Thunderbirds, LW Conner Roulette.

@Chuck Downie is up!

giphy.gif

Ottawa Senators

He was on my list too.

Reactions: pit

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
"In 2007, a crack (smoking) hockey management unit was sent to the worst run team in the league by a military court for the crime of being willing to go there. These men promptly remained in this maximum security stockade, dreaming of the Ottawa underground. Today, still wanted by the ownership they survive as idiots of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The O-Team."

maxresdefault.jpg

Mr. S as DJ Baracas
cut.jpg

And...a cardboard cutout of Bryan Murray as "Howling Mad" Murdoch.

bettman_phone.jpg

@Chuck Downie is up!

giphy.gif

Ottawa Senators
He was on my list too.
Ditto, I only took Kidney over him because DET desperately needs C prospects (drafting for need instead of BPA? Bad Straw!). I deliberated so long and hard over which to take, lol

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Ditto, I only took Kidney over him because DET desperately needs C prospects (drafting for need instead of BPA? Bad Straw!). I deliberated so long and hard over which to take, lol

You got Heimosalmi though. I should have taken him with the Leafs, but took Duke because I thought Heimosalmi might drop. Alas!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
George Canyon told me that this guy - who reminds me more of Maynard Krebs than Peyton Krebs - could fit an ear of corn up each nostril.

Kisakov2.jpg

Normally that sort of thing might keep me from drafting him, with my strict #NoMongrels draft policy, but he's wearing that sweet Dynamo blouse with that sweet, sweet cursive "D" on it, so the shnozz problem is cancelled out. It's kind of like when @FLYguy3911 sees a lady with a less than attractive face, but an enormous caboose - it's GO! Time.

Speaking of Dynamo, Calgary needs dynamism more than anything. I mean, they probably need dynamite first to blow it to smithereens and start over, but then they need some guys who will light a fire that feeds the Flames. See what I did there? This guy is undersized as f*** - he weighs something like a brisk 150 pounds, and he's maybe 5-10 at best. The following may very well be Russian propaganda, but I'll take my swing and take my chances. We only do home runs now.

"Kisakov is a gifted offensive weapon who has the ability and reputation to be the best player on the ice. He’s also as physical as a 5-foot-9 scoring forward can be without taking himself entirely out of the play, and Kisakov has a noticeable competitive edge that can have an impact on how opponents check him. He’s an excellent skater with fantastic edges, a quick first step, and breakaway speed that help him consistently make something out of nothing. Stacking the line or neutral zone is no guarantee to slow him down, and if Kisakov loses possession, it’s usually his own doing rather than a specific tactic or strategy by the opposition. Getting inside the zone comes easily, and Kisakov can score in a number of ways. He has a deadly shot and has beaten plenty of goalies with snipes aimed at either the short or long side, and you have to prepare for him to make a bang-bang play off a faceoff."

Source: [REDACTED]

Calgary Flames - RW Alexander Kisakov, MHK Dynamo Moskva

@BiggE put the bong down and stun us all with your superior knowledge and passion for hockey.

vIlosbv.gif

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
George Canyon told me that this guy - who reminds me more of Maynard Krebs than Peyton Krebs - could fit an ear of corn up each nostril.

Kisakov2.jpg

Normally that sort of thing might keep me from drafting him, with my strict #NoMongrels draft policy, but he's wearing that sweet Dynamo blouse with that sweet, sweet cursive "D" on it, so the shnozz problem is cancelled out. It's kind of like when @FLYguy3911 sees a lady with a less than attractive face, but an enormous caboose - it's GO! Time.

Speaking of Dynamo, Calgary needs dynamism more than anything. I mean, they probably need dynamite first to blow it to smithereens and start over, but then they need some guys who will light a fire that feeds the Flames. See what I did there? This guy is undersized as f*** - he weighs something like a brisk 150 pounds, and he's maybe 5-10 at best. The following may very well be Russian propaganda, but I'll take my swing and take my chances. We only do home runs now.

"Kisakov is a gifted offensive weapon who has the ability and reputation to be the best player on the ice. He’s also as physical as a 5-foot-9 scoring forward can be without taking himself entirely out of the play, and Kisakov has a noticeable competitive edge that can have an impact on how opponents check him. He’s an excellent skater with fantastic edges, a quick first step, and breakaway speed that help him consistently make something out of nothing. Stacking the line or neutral zone is no guarantee to slow him down, and if Kisakov loses possession, it’s usually his own doing rather than a specific tactic or strategy by the opposition. Getting inside the zone comes easily, and Kisakov can score in a number of ways. He has a deadly shot and has beaten plenty of goalies with snipes aimed at either the short or long side, and you have to prepare for him to make a bang-bang play off a faceoff."

@BiggE put the bong down and stun us all with your superior knowledge and passion for hockey.

vIlosbv.gif

And there he goes. Unclench butt cheeks and figure out what to do next. :(

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Kisakov2.jpg

vIlosbv.gif

This was almost my guy with my last pick but wanted to snag a D instead after going with 2 F.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Not sure why I have to put the bong down to do this, but ok...

With their next selection in the 2021 entry draft, the Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select, from Vaxjo in the Swedish Hockey league, center Victor Stjernborg. We look forward to welcoming him to the organization and to listening to Steve Coates mangle his name. Please be advised that should young Mr. Stjernborg take a puck to the face, he will be given a job for life.

@saophim , step up and wow us son.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

Kisakov2.jpg

vIlosbv.gif

Fake Kyle Dubas is shedding a giant emo tear, just like when you took Klimovich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->