I googled "ready to go gif" and this one seemed to catch my eye

giphy.gif
Bump.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
maxresdefault.jpg

Morgan Freeman: "So we're onto Round 3 of the 2021 edition of this poop show. Honestly being cooped up for a year plus and doing research for this thing made me realize that these morons who run these teams have no idea what they're doing. Clearly these goofballs who are younger than me value this old school belief that you need to be heavy and hit to play this rubber puck game. Folks let me tell you the secret. Times change. Games change. The meta changes. Hopefully this new Seattle franchise isn't set in the olden ways. Once again I turn it on over to Mr. Gabe Newell."

0jo60e8ru9b51.png

GabeN: "Well folks you've caught me messing around with one of our early stages of the Valve Index. If you would like to purchase one of these please visit store.steampowered.com/valveindex. Prices range from $499 all the way up to $999 for everything you need to play Half Life: Alyx. Although you also need a good PC too. Maybe we should start making Steam branded computers.

*Inner monologue*
'You're a genius Gabe. That'll make me even richer!'

*Cough*

GabeN: "Anyways I've been handed an envelope once again by Mr. Ron Francis"

*Tears envelope open*

GabeN: "Oh boy this is a long letter. And I quote 'These sons of guns literally took 8 players off my list in the last 12 picks. Absolutely freaking ridiculous. I think that maybe there's some espionage afoot. Clearly I need to hire some fancy schmancy security firm to investigate our computer systems. Maybe this firm called The Whale is available for hire. Would go well with our Kraken theme. Anyways this letter is getting completely derailed. At the end of the day we're making history."

"With their first ever 3rd round selection franchise history, the Seattle Kraken are proud to select, Liam Dower Nilsson."

14-dower-nilsson,-liam-(15)-gal.jpg

"A Swedish kid huh? That's where we're hosting The International this year. Casual $40 million dollar prize pool at the moment."

CheapLazyBalloonfish-max-1mb.gif

Seattle Kraken Selections
2) Matthew Beniers, C, Michigan (NCAA)
35) Corson Ceulemans, RHD, Brooks Bandits (AJHL)
67) Liam Dower Nilsson, C, Frölunda HC (SHL)

@Haanz is up. Will PM as well.

Last edited:

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
With the 68th pick, the Devils opt for TRUCULENCE. New Jersey selects Tyler Boucher.

upload_2021-6-8_21-58-57.png

We like this player so much that we are willing to overlook the fact that his dad once did this to us.

upload_2021-6-8_21-59-57.gif

New Jersey Devils Selections
4) Jesper Wallstedt, G, Luleå HF (SHL)
22) Cole Sillinger, C, Sioux Falls (USHL)
54) Zach Dean, C, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL)

68) Tyler Boucher, F, USNTDP (USHL)

@denominator the floor is yours.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
With the 68th pick, the Devils opt for TRUCULENCE. New Jersey selects Tyler Boucher.

View attachment 445154

We like this player so much that we are willing to overlook the fact that his dad once did this to us.

View attachment 445156

New Jersey Devils Selections
4) Jesper Wallstedt, G, Luleå HF (SHL)
22) Cole Sillinger, C, Sioux Falls (USHL)
54) Zach Dean, C, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL)
68) Tyler Boucher, F, USNTDP (USHL)

@denominator the floor is yours.
Boucher was the other guy I was considering at 55 when I took Mailloux.

Boucher can really skate, & is a punishing physical forward with pretty good hands & who should be a demon forechecker in the pros. Those guys are hard to find. He could be another Josh Anderson type.

That said, he didn’t seem too interested in playing in his own zone in my viewings, or in using his teammates offensively. A pretty individualistic player who needs to be coached out of those habits.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Maybe this is a reach here. I'm not sure, but a lot of services have him ranked in the 3rd anyway, and he intrigues me based on what I've read about him, and I'm not sure he'll last to 96, so might as well grab him here.

:wings

Detroit selects C Riley Kidney

rileykidney.jpeg.jpg

38 points in 33 games, apparently a lot of them even strength, and 17 points in 9 playoff games. Stat watching at its finest, and the Q isn't the strongest major junior league I guess, but it's worth a shot :dunno:

6- D Owen Power/Michigan (NCAA)
24- C Francesco Pinelli/Kitchener (OHL)
38- C/W Xavier Bourgault/Shawinigan (QMJHL)
48- D Evan Nause/Quebec (QMJHL)
53- D Jack Peart/Fargo (USHL)
70- C Riley Kidney/Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)

@FlyTimmo

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Maybe this is a reach here. I'm not sure, but a lot of services have him ranked in the 3rd anyway, and he intrigues me based on what I've read about him, and I'm not sure he'll last to 96, so might as well grab him here.

:wings

Detroit selects C Riley Kidney

View attachment 445268

38 points in 33 games, apparently a lot of them even strength, and 17 points in 9 playoff games. Stat watching at its finest, and the Q isn't the strongest major junior league I guess, but it's worth a shot :dunno:

6- D Owen Power/Michigan (NCAA)
24- C Francesco Pinelli/Kitchener (OHL)
38- C/W Xavier Bourgault/Shawinigan (QMJHL)
48- D Evan Nause/Quebec (QMJHL)
53- D Jack Peart/Fargo (USHL)
70- C Riley Kidney/Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)

@FlyTimmo
Nice. He was a later round target for me. Crushed it in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad