SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
:wings
Detroit selects D Jack Peart

View attachment 444579

6- D Owen Power/Michigan (NCAA)
24- C Francesco Pinelli/Kitchener (OHL)
38- C/W Xavier Bourgault/Shawinigan (QMJHL)
48- D Evan Nause/Quebec (QMJHL)
53- D Jack Peart/Fargo (USHL)

@Haanz has the floor.
The Professor would approve of this pick
upload_2021-6-7_16-35-12.gif

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
The New Jersey Devils are proud to select a player that has something in common with this man:

Ricky_Bobby.jpg

No, he's not American. And as far as I know, he does not have any sons named Walker or Texas Ranger. However, he does have two first names, and that's pretty awesome.

New Jersey selects Zach Dean. We hope he doesn't take it to heart that because he wasn't picked first, he was last.

95fa39fab4dfca7f543034ff69b96618-cropped.png

New Jersey Devils Selections
4) Jesper Wallstedt, G, Luleå HF (SHL)
22) Cole Sillinger, C, Sioux Falls (USHL)
54) Zach Dean, C, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL)

@Ghosts Beer is up.

giphy.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
454932021.gif

Debating between two players -- one a defenseman, one a forward -- GM Kevyn Adams rips out what's left of his hair, throws on a thinking cap, and makes his decision.

apollo-13-6-film-director-ron-howard.jpg

With the 55th pick of the 2021 NHL Fake Draft, the Buffalo Sabres select Logan Mailloux, D, SK Lejon (HockeyEttan).

26426d95-934e-4e46-9758-76888de2d45d_rw_3840-scaled.jpg

Buffalo Sabres Selections
1 - 1 - Buffalo - Brandt Clarke, D, HC Nove Zamky (Slovakia)
2 - 33 - Buffalo - Zachary L'Heureux, LW, Halifax (QMJHL)
2 - 55 - Buffalo - Logan Mailloux, D, SK Lejon (HockeyEtten)

@Chuck Downie is up.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
After sweating out the run on defensemen, Montreal is happy to select Olen Zellweger.

Pros:
+Had the most productive offensive season among the draft eligibles.
+His 28% ES Involvement would have been the best scoring season for an u18 defensemen in the CHL.
+Makes the draft cutoff by 5 days.

Cons:
-The track record is short because he had to sit behind a guy with his hair cut like this:
Wyatte+Wylie+b-TIXK2WD2tm.jpg

@SanBlom is up.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
After sweating out the run on defensemen, Montreal is happy to select Olen Zellweger.

Pros:
+His 28% ES Involvement would have been the best scoring season for an u18 defensemen in the CHL.

Cons:
-The track record is short because he had to sit behind a guy with his hair cut like this:

@SanBlom is up.

AS000639_11.gif

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA

Pros:

Cons:

@SanBlom is up.

He was next on my list, I was actually considering taking him with the last Red Wings pick but was banking on him slipping just a little more... I figured if no one else, you would snipe him :laugh:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Brendan Shanahan: Are you ready for your first pick Kyle?
Dubas: Just let me finish tying my tie.
tenor.gif

Stanley Cup winners have to look good, amirite?

BS: Well, I do look good, thank you.
Dubas: Yeah, and me too.
BS: What do you mean?
Dubas: I mean, I know all the partying after we won the Cup this year put a little wear and tear on me, but I'm rested now and ready to go.
BS: You...think we won the Cup this year?
Dubas: Man, you must be really hung over El Jefe. Of course we did.
BS: Yes, of course.
Dubas: I mean, look at the team I built. You think we could do anything less than a Cup? You think we could flame out in the first round against a lesser team like the Canadiens built by that dolt Bergevin?
tenor.gif

ImeannotpossiblerightI..I..I...wouldn'tknowwhattodoifthathappen-
BS: Oh, right, THAT Cup win. How could I forget. Good work Kyle. Now go make a pick and keep that winning tradition going.
Dubas: High five boss. Pew pew *finger guns* That's you, the man with the Shanaplan, making this all happen. Time to keep building that dynasty with a golden pick. And I'm definitely not just using a small sample size from the U18's for this one. Definitely.

Hello Leaf fans and all those watching from home. With the 59th pick, the Stanley Cup champion Toronto Maple Leafs are pleased to select, from the U.S. National Development Team, C Dylan Duke.

dylan-duke.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs
2 - 59 - Dylan Duke C, USTNDP (USHL)

@SanBlom is up!

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m interested to see where Mailloux goes in the actual draft. I don’t think he’ll last until 55.

I like him. I think if he were able to play in the OHL this season he’d have much more hype. Excellent size, RH, very good skater, seems pretty intelligent, seems to enjoy playing. Good skillset. Has a physical side to his game.

I’d even say there’s a chance he sneaks into round 1. He’ll have to be reined in at higher levels & needs refinement, but there’s a ton of upside.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
:pens

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
IGKOZ2NRZ5H4LLPPNNFN4YAW3E.jpg

"We'd first like to announce that, for the purposes of this fake draft, Brian Burke has been bound and gagged and locked in the supply closet of the PPG Paints Arena."

"Without further ado, the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to select D Aleksi Heimosalmi."

Heimosalmi-1024x683.jpg

@TB87

Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller

View attachment 444926

"We'd first like to announce that, for the purposes of this fake draft, Brian Burke has been bound and gagged and locked in the supply closet of the PPG Paints Arena."

"Without further ado, the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to select D Aleksi Heimosalmi."

View attachment 444927

@TB87

Awesome.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters

View attachment 444926

View attachment 444927

@TB87
That was my other guy at the very top of the list! He was actually bolded, but I seriously picked because of last name (BLNA - best last name available tactics) and thought he would slip. NICE PICK! Kid is silky smooth...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->