Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
:blues
St Louis selects Swedish Tom Brady, C Arvid Costmar

arvidcostmarlhcbb.jpg

qRk-5eUTxCkdi-1537341701.jpg

Thus concludes St Louis's picks and the draft as a whole for me.

51- D Lassi Thomson/Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
82- LW Vladislav Firstov/Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)
144- D Kalle Loponen/Hermes (Mestis)
206- C Arvid Costmar/Linkoping J20 (SuperElit)

@Captain Dave Poulin is up

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Draft recaps

:devils
1-- C Jack Hughes/USNTDP (USHL)
34- G Spencer Knight/USNTDP (USHL)
55- F Robert Mastrosimone/Chicago Steel (USHL)
60- D Antti Tuomisto/Ässät U20 (Liiga Jr)
70- D Drew Helleson/USNTDP (USHL)

80- LW Brayden Tracey/Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
96- D Jackson LaCombe/Shattuck St Mary's (USHS)
127- D Kim Nousiainen/KalPa U20 (Liiga Jr)
158- D Justin Bergeron/Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (QMJHL)
189- D Ryan Siedem/Central Illinois Flying Aces (USHL)

:blues
51- D Lassi Thomson/Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
82- LW Vladislav Firstov/Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)
144- D Kalle Loponen/Hermes (Mestis)
206- C Arvid Costmar/Linkoping J20 (SuperElit)

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
With his newfound sense of arrogance pulsing through the entire 4’7” of his stature, Commissioner Bettman returns to the microphone. He glances with a sneer at the nearly empty Pittsburgh Penguins table, takes a moment to reflect how he brought high-and-mighty Mario Lemieux under his iron will, and speaks into the mic:

“Pittsburgh, the next draft selection is yours to announce. Who …” he absentmindedly licked his lower lip “will be announcing your pick, please? Or shall I make your final selection of this draft for you?”

A few low groans emanated from the Penguins’ locale. The majority of their contingent packed up and followed Lemieux’s unceremonious ouster from the arena.

“Pittsburgh? We need a representative to make your selection,” Bettman purred.

None of the remaining lackeys moved.

Just as Bettman prepared himself to announce the forfeiture of their pick, a rotund image was seen making its way toward the Penguins table. Balancing around a dozen hot dogs, fried chicken, French fries, pork rinds, and a Christmas tree sized bowl of soft ice cream, Phil Kessel sat down at two empty places.

He noted the silent stares of team executives and looked up. “This is all complimentary, right?”

“Hello, Phil. It appears that you are the sole representative of …”

CRUNCH, CRUNCH, SMACK, GULP …

“Umm, Phil, could you stop eating for a …”

GOBBLE, GLORPH, MUMMMM, SLURP CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

“PHIL!!”

“What?”

“You seem to be the only representative of the Penguins.”

Kessel looks around slowly.

“Yeah, so?”

“Well, we would appreciate if you at least were on the podium when Pittsburgh’s final selection is made.”

“Up there?”

“Yes, Phil. Up here.”

As Kessel slowly rises from his chairs with a deep fried-smelling sigh, one of the interns whispers, “Mr. Kessel! Hey, Mr. Kessel!”

“Huh?”

“We have a name you can announce as the Penguins’ pick.”

"Yeah, uh, sure, I guess."

The young assistant takes a step to hand the paper to Kessel, when the girthful winger's mouth snapped open to many times a regular human's size. In the blink of an eye, he swallowed the poor acolyte whole.

Gasps and screams of horror fill the arena. Bettman remains unfazed.

"I'm a lawyer. I've seen worse."

After much commotion under the Penguins' table, punctuated by anxious screeching and flapping of the table skirt, a broken hockey stick is extended, a scrap of paper taped to its end.

"Please take this name up to announce, Mr. Kessel. And please don't eat us!"

Kessel licks 4 colours of sauce off his fingers before taking the paper, and slowly lurches toward the stairs.

“Wow, that is steep. So many stairs.”

“Phil, there are 3 steps. Aren’t you supposed to be a professional athlete?”

“It’s the off-season.”

After stopping twice, puffing noisily, Kessel finally reaches the top of the dais. He shuffles over to the microphone, gulping in air.
“(huff, huff) Pittsburgh (puff) -- woah, feeling light-headed – picks Elmer Soderblom, from (huff, huff, huff) what’s this word?”

“Frolunda of the Swedish Elite league”, the intern shouts.

“Frunundun of the Swedish meatball league. Am I done (huff, huff, HUUUFFFFFFFF)? Can I go now?”

“Sure, Phil. You can go.”

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Phil Kessel jovially waddles back to his table and attempts to wedge himself in his seat. He struggles and grunts before obliterating the chair and landing flat on his back. His stomach rumbles. A faint war cry is heard coming from the depths of his bowels before a thunderous "POP!"

David Poile has just blasted his way through Kessel's stomach and stands victoriously amongst his remains! Covered in entrails and half digested food, he projectile vomits for what can only be described as an uncomfortable amount of time.

While spitting and trying to catch his breath he struggles to whisper, "Nashville selects Mikhail Abramov of the Victoriaville Tigres" before collapsing in exhaustion.

egor-serdyuk-e1530215250843.jpg

@Ernest95 get after it!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Phil Kessel jovially waddles back to his table and attempts to wedge himself in his seat. He struggles and grunts before obliterating the chair and landing flat on his back. His stomach rumbles. A faint war cry is heard coming from the depths of his bowels before a thunderous "POP!"

David Poile has just blasted his way through Kessel's stomach and stands victoriously amongst his remains! Covered in entrails and half digested food, he projectile vomits for what can only be described as an uncomfortable amount of time.

While spitting and trying to catch his breath he struggles to whisper, "Nashville selects Mikhail Abramov of the Victoriaville Tigres" before collapsing in exhaustion.

@Ernest95 get after it!

Nice pick. He's the only one of the bunch whom I have seen play live. I almost picked him but went with Soderblom because:
1) I couldn't pass up the chance to draft someone named Elmer, and
2) the "Swedish meatball league" was too easy a joke for Kessel.

Yes, thanks, I am finished patting myself on the back.

Bravo on blowing up Phil like a rotting carcass of a beached whale!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

@Ernest95 get after it!
Nice. Was wondering who was going to snag him.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
The Toronto maple leafs select cole schwindt.
Next gm will be pm’d
Hopefully this guy isn’t picked. Browsing through the picks I didn’t see him. If he was already picked you can auto pick.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
San Jose takes G - Florian Vuichard.

3 - 88 - San Jose - Patrick Moynihan, C, USNTDP (USHL)
5 - 150 - San Jose - Ethan Phillips, C/RW, Sioux Falls (USHL)
6 - 181 - San Jose - Valeri Orekhov, D, Astana (KHL)
7 – 212 – San Jose - Florian Vuichard, G, Lausanne U20 (Elite Jr. A)

I'm out. @Stizzle you're up.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
:isles

Trent Klatt: Trade me right f***ing now.

Lou: You're the head of scouting. Not a player. No such trades exist.

Trent Klatt: Well, I wish they existed.

Lou: Me too. You suck and didn't let me draft John Tavares or Alexis Lafrieniere. Much better players than the guys you drafted.

Trent Klatt: Whatever.

The Islanders select...

Henry Rybinski - RW - Seattle WHL
27507.jpg

@DrinkFightFlyers is up.

#26 - NYI - Ville Heinola, D, Lukko (SM-Liiga)
#61 - NYI - Maxim Cajkovic, RW/LW, Saint John (QMJHL)
#151 - NYI - Ilya Konovalev, G, Yaroslavl (KHL)
#182 - NYI - Vladislav Fyodorov, F, Cherepovets (KHL)
#213 - NYI - Henry Rybinski, F, Seattle (WHL)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->