Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If it's not too much trouble to manage, we should probably do a lottery to pick the teams we want, rather than "first come, first served" - not a big deal, but it would add a layer of slight intrigue and satisfaction, like when you ply a lady with dinner rather than just induce her to come straight to your room for the sweet lovemaking.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
If it's not too much trouble to manage, we should probably do a lottery to pick the teams we want, rather than "first come, first served" - not a big deal, but it would add a layer of slight intrigue and satisfaction, like when you ply a lady with dinner rather than just induce her to come straight to your room for the sweet lovemaking.
I have a very specific team in mind and I will fight anyone for it. :box::hit:

Just kidding. It's an interesting idea, just so long as I wind up with the first pick :sarcasm:

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller

All ideas are welcome. We'll need a consensus to go forward with it. As well, we'll need a tool to do a lottery to assign teams.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Not to spoil, but I looked through the beginning of the thread and the team I have in mind was literally the last one picked last year, so I have decent sized hopes with whatever format we use. I'll just be happy to participate with any team tbh.

Consider it a "yes" vote for CDP's idea because I'll go for anything. But I assume we'll need to have everyone signed up before we decide on anything.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I vote that we do a random draw for the order we choose our teams, but not randomly assign teams. There are some teams that I am emotionally unable to represent even in a fake thing.
Yeah- I assumed you meant that Chuck could put all the participants in the list randomizer, randomize maybe 5 or 10 times, boom, there's our order. Glad to see I read your mind. :nod:

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I vote that we do a random draw for the order we choose our teams, but not randomly assign teams. There are some teams that I am emotionally unable to represent even in a fake thing.

So ur saying if u drew a rival team u could possibly randomly pick the name of a player that would make ur list just because of his name or his picture or something like that? :laugh:

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller

We can do that too. I'll wait for a few more to support this and we can get the order of picking for teams up this weekend. It will take a bit of time as it will be kinda like the "zero round" of the draft.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So ur saying if u drew a rival team u could possibly randomly pick the name of a player that would make ur list just because of his name or his picture or something like that? :laugh:

I'm saying that without even thinking about it, my fingers would punch through the puke-covered keys of my laptop in a rage and the only thing I would be able to post is gibberish because I would have lost my mind. You'd have teams like the Islanders or ****ing Blues or ****ing Oilers or God forbid the ****birds selecting guys like "YUGFDDFGG!!!!!!!!!!" and "HGGGF&&&FDSDSRWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We can do that too. I'll wait for a few more to support this and we can get the order of picking for teams up this weekend. It will take a bit of time as it will be kinda like the "zero round" of the draft.

To quote the venerable hippie and mother of Chastity, Cher: "You're simply the best." No, that's ****ing Tina Turner. What's wrong with me? Don't answer that.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Yeah, if I wound up with Pitt, I don't think I could resist the urge to just pick projected undrafted guys and made up names with every selection.
Just don't spend too much time in there, it's a really strange and uneven place full of sudden tempests and cartoons.
My brain's full of Beatles, hockey, and cartoons, so I guess we share part of a mind at least, lol.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
For continuity's sake, I'd prefer to have people stick with the same teams as last year as much as possible. Makes it a bit easier for tracking picks long-term on my end.

For the D+1 update, I'll start compiling stats as soon as the regular season ends.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
For continuity's sake, I'd prefer to have people stick with the same teams as last year as much as possible. Makes it a bit easier for tracking picks long-term on my end.

For the D+1 update, I'll start compiling stats as soon as the regular season ends.

See, that's what I kind of wanted to avoid lol - I don't necessarily want to get stuck with Carolina forever ;) I don't really mind that much either way, but if we could start fresh from this year when we know we are in a "keeper" league, it might be nicer.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
See, that's what I kind of wanted to avoid lol - I don't necessarily want to get stuck with Carolina forever ;) I don't really mind that much either way, but if we could start fresh from this year when we know we are in a "keeper" league, it might be nicer.

I wouldn't be too thrilled with having Vegas again. No 1st this year. :(

Tatar with 4pts in 15 games for Vegas, not worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad