Recalled/Assigned: Flyers assign Raffl and Lauridsen to the Phantoms

SchennSational1022*

Yet again people complaining about Lauridsen being sent down. He isnt even a 7th defensemen at this point. Vandevelde has been good in games Ive seen, not a surprise he is here. Raffl will be back up eventually Id bet also.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Surprised a lot of complainers about VV. I think he's look solid but I think Raffl will eventually overtake that spot.

So a bunch of HFBoards posters?

It can get bad here sometimes but it is just a train wreck on the Facebook page. Not really surprising though.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Surprised a lot of complainers about VV. I think he's look solid but I think Raffl will eventually overtake that spot.

It can get bad here sometimes but it is just a train wreck on the Facebook page. Not really surprising though.

I can't imagine Raffl and VV were up for the same spot. VV is most likely to be on the 4th line while Raffl is better suited on the 3rd.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm fine with Vandevelde playing spot games as a call-up, but I don't think he's a full-time NHL player, which means he shouldn't be a guy who is beating out players you have actual expectations for on the opening night roster.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Laughton looks 19. he may change my mind in the 9 games they seem determined to keep him. Bearclaw seemed to backstep and i hope murray gets him back on track. Im not seeing the hype on Raffl and vanvelde looks like a stopgap player. is lavi expecting another 20 goal year out of talbot?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I think there are several players who probably thought they they had a spot on this team locked down no matter what. Probably can include Gus in that group.
I didnt watch any of the games this preseason but you wonder was Raffl's attitude coming in was that he was going to make this team despite preseason?
really not liking the idea of Gill being on this team. the defense has been bad enough as it is judging by the comments. We really dont need a big slow defenseman.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I can't imagine Raffl and VV were up for the same spot. VV is most likely to be on the 4th line while Raffl is better suited on the 3rd.

Well no but that ultimately means Talbot gets moved up to that position since that's where VV will be playing.

RJ8812*

I'm fine with Vandevelde playing spot games as a call-up, but I don't think he's a full-time NHL player, which means he shouldn't be a guy who is beating out players you have actual expectations for on the opening night roster.

why not?

Vandevelde had a better pre-season and beat out Raffl, McGinn, etc for a spot on the team out of training camp. Just because the others have expectations to be on the team, doesn't mean they should just be given the spot. They had their chance to earn it, and they couldn't do it right now.

It's a long season, so it's not like they won't have the chance to earn that spot back at one point, which I fully expect them to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad