Recalled/Assigned: Flyers assign Raffl and Lauridsen to the Phantoms

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/383642086706139136

#Flyers have assigned Lauridsen and Raffl to @PhantomsHockey. READ MORE: http://nhlflye.rs/1bdogno

The Philadelphia Flyers have assigned LW Michael Raffl and D Oliver Lauridsen to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms, according to general manager Paul Holmgren

The Flyers have 25 active players remaining in training camp, plus two injured players (Bourdon & Pronger), as the team closes out its seven-game preseason slate tonight when they visit the Washington Capitals at 7 P.M. (NHL Network, 97.5 The Fanatic). The Flyers will drop the puck on the 2013-14 season this Wednesday, October 2 when they host the Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:30 P.M. (CSN-HD, 97.5 The Fanatic).

Laughton and VandeVelde are still here. My goodness if VandeVelde makes this team it's bad, real bad. You can see why the Flyers were pursuing Cleary.

Anyway, it takes us one step closer to our opening night line up.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So....

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Vinny-Simmonds
Laughton-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

Something like that?

That would be my guess, except Laughton hasn't played a second of wing from what I remember reading. To play him out there on game 1 of the season could end up not being good.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This seems more likely to me.

Talbot-Couturier-Read
Hall-Laughton-Rinaldo

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Article says the team has 25 active members, I don't understand what happened to Cousins, Holmstrom and McGinn? Aren't they still with the team after last night? Or are we just assuming they're headed down with Raffl and Lauridsen? It's a shame cause I think Cousins should have gotten an extended look, he's been better then Raffl for sure.

If only Gill would be released or whatever they have to do with guys on PTO's.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Article says the team has 25 active members, I don't understand what happened to Cousins, Holmstrom and McGinn? Aren't they still with the team after last night? Or are we just assuming they're headed down with Raffl and Lauridsen? It's a shame cause I think Cousins should have gotten an extended look, he's been better then Raffl for sure.

Holmstrom cleared waivers and is with the Phantoms. I believe McGinn was sent down (I could be wrong). Not too sure about Cousins...

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Do you guys still think they shouldn't have re-signed Gagne?

Yes, There's a reason no other team has signed him.

Not surprised on Raffl, he's looked like Pyorala 2.0.

I think they're going to keep Talbot with Couturier and Read.

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005

Cousins, Holmstrom and McGinn were all sent down to the Phantoms last week. Yes, they played in the exhibition game last night against the Devils but they're on the Phantoms roster at this point.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Cousins, Holmstrom and McGinn were all sent down to the Phantoms last week. Yes, they played in the exhibition game last night against the Devils but they're on the Phantoms roster at this point.

Ok, I was aware they were sent down/assigned to ADK I just didn't know they could continue to play in exhibition games. Thanks

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah..Gagne was going to be a force on the forecheck..lol...cut me a break. Dude still cant get a job and yet supposedly all these teams wanted him...

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
What's the reason? I'm not trying to stir things up, I just think Gagne would've been a better option than what's available. I still maintain my stance that he was pretty good last year.

His offensive game has deteriorated to the point where he can no longer be a top 6 winger, he looked out of place when asked to do that for the Flyers last season. Specifically to the Flyers he isn't a fit because they seem to want someone on that 3rd line LW who can win puck battles and be effective along the boards, that's never been Gagnes game.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
His offensive game has deteriorated to the point where he can no longer be a top 6 winger, he looked out of place when asked to do that for the Flyers last season. Specifically to the Flyers he isn't a fit because they seem to want someone on that 3rd line LW who can win puck battles and be effective along the boards, that's never been Gagnes game.

Then what player should be the third line winger? Laughton? McGinn? Raffl? None of these guys have really shown much.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
So does VandeVelde need to be reassigned to the Phantoms or is it just automatic since he is on a AHL only deal? Given his game last night, I can't imagine they want or need to give him another look.

EDIT: The article said 25, so I guess he is still with the Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad