Flyers are finally good so of course the world has to end

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'm not a cheap scab LMAO.

didn't put two and two together. I read basically every new article there you wrote except this one, tryna figure out how I felt. Was a big, big Deadspin guy for many years and the way the old crew went out was bizarre and chilling.

Reactions: baudib1

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
didn't put two and two together. I read basically every new article there you wrote except this one, tryna figure out how I felt. Was a big, big Deadspin guy for many years and the way the old crew went out was bizarre and chilling.

yeah it was. Trust me when I tell you every journalist who has worked in the past 25 years has suffered at the hands of corporate ownership. My departure, along with roughly 20 other people (same size as the deadspin staff), from the NY Daily News in 2016 was basically for the same reasons as them: tone-deaf, incompetent/greedy management destroying the powerful editorial brand we had created. Our dispute with management just wasn't publicized.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
nope it was a period of constant illness all over the country for a few months. and 25000 Humans died. not too shaby in comparing to corona. corona isnt more dangerous than other flu diseases in other years. but panic button is the new thing in this world

Mortality rate from Flu is about 0.1%, bad flue 0.2%, Spanish flu about 1% (but partially due to medicine and nutrition in 1918).
Covid-19 has mortality rate around 3%, even if it declines to 1% as testing increases the denominator, that's 5 to 10 times the flu.
60 million Americans got the swine flu, 12,500 or so died, so 0.02% mortality.

If 60 million Americans get the Coronavirus, we may be talking 600,000 deaths.

Reactions: baudib1

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I was chuckling at all the panic the other day while shopping, while the nation is facing serious issues peeps are over the top. Wait until the 4th horseman rides, this stuff is child's play.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Mortality rate from Flu is about 0.1%, bad flue 0.2%, Spanish flu about 1% (but partially due to medicine and nutrition in 1918).
Covid-19 has mortality rate around 3%, even if it declines to 1% as testing increases the denominator, that's 5 to 10 times the flu.

Mortality rate of flu is 0.1% in the US which has the most advanced healthcare in the world. Covid isn't killing anything like that number of those aged under the age of 60.

The point Iron is trying to make is that if you hadn't given covid a name, then there would be no panic right now. Normal flu spreads like wild fire every year. Up to 600,000 people die world wide from normal flu every single year, hence why we have flu jabs for the over 50s every year.

This is a media frenzy which is generating huge incomes for......yes media. Some people are going to make huge amounts of money from this panic, super markets are already lapping it up, anyone producing commodities.

People are idiots and treating this like a SARs pandemic. Now that was a real problem. When you get to 10% mortality rate amongst all ages then you can cause mass panic.

Put the procedures in place, wash your f***ing hands and stop buying everything in sight. People are going to die because idiots are panic buying. There is already a shortage of baby formula, nappies and wipes.

Good job human race....

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007

that mortality rate is not a true number. There are Likely thousands of people that have it that don’t know it. They may just think that have the flu. As more people are tested and discovered to have Coronavirus and survive the figure will come more in line with other flu strains.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
For those still believing this is not a big deal, in one hospital alone there are six people in the ICU (e.g., not just going to the ER to get checked out) with coronavirus. As this spreads it is going to get worse. Social distancing is important. I'm not saying lock the doors and never go outside again, but only go out when necessary and avoid contact and keep washing hands.

Life at the epicenter of N.J.’s coronavirus outbreak - ROI-NJ

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Mortality rate of flu is 0.1% in the US which has the most advanced healthcare in the world. Covid isn't killing anything like that number of those aged under the age of 60.

The point Iron is trying to make is that if you hadn't given covid a name, then there would be no panic right now. Normal flu spreads like wild fire every year. Up to 600,000 people die world wide from normal flu every single year, hence why we have flu jabs for the over 50s every year.

This is a media frenzy which is generating huge incomes for......yes media. Some people are going to make huge amounts of money from this panic, super markets are already lapping it up, anyone producing commodities.

People are idiots and treating this like a SARs pandemic. Now that was a real problem. When you get to 10% mortality rate amongst all ages then you can cause mass panic.

Put the procedures in place, wash your f***ing hands and stop buying everything in sight. People are going to die because idiots are panic buying. There is already a shortage of baby formula, nappies and wipes.

Good job human race....
This is my takeaway as a Dad with a newborn and another in diapers. We may be down to wet paper towels thanks to greedy people buying up (and trying to resell at insane prices) wipes. Stop being selfish and purchase only what you need!

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This is my takeaway as a Dad with a newborn and another in diapers. We may be down to wet paper towels thanks to greedy people buying up (and trying to resell at insane prices) wipes. Stop being selfish and purchase only what you need!
My kid just got done potty training so I have extra diapers and wipes. I was going to donate but if you need some send me a message and I'll shoot them your way!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Where I live, they have 240 ventilators and have 140 more on order...so at most 380. That's what we have for a population of 1 million people. And that 380 does not include that people are already using them from surgeries, etc..

Glad I work at home an am a hermit. But having the wife being a nurse is concerning.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

as far as I know Amazon has been shutting people down from doing that. Not sure about ebay ect.
They did have baby wipes in the store today but little else.
Had to go to a second store for soup and bread. 2 stores and the only pasta they had was lasagna noodles

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Younger people can be asymptomatic spreaders and the virus has an incubation period of up to 14 days. Please be overly cautious now and make your flu-like claims which NO scientist would in a few months if you are proven correct and you can claim your (stupid) prize of being right then.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

It's a disgrace. Typical selfish mentality of most people. Saw a woman today wait for the shelf stacker to put a crate of soup on the shelf and she took the entire thing, 30+ cans. Then proceeded to kick off when the poor cashier would only let her buy 5 cans, store limit. I hope to god they don't ever run out of contraception, because these are generally the same idiots that breed like rabbits.

People are assholes.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
It's so frustrating trying to convince friends and peers to not go out and socialize in groups. Boomers get a lot of shit for the "f*** you, I've got mine attitude".

Seems to be a mentality shared across age groups. For younger people, instead of material wealth that's taken for granted, it's health.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
in Germany 25000 people died in between 2017 and 2018 because of normal Influenza. It was the worst epidemic of Influenza in the last 30 years. no one in germany takes notice of that.

How man people died from Corona all over the world till today??

Sorry but this whole thing is so stupid......

edit: in germany all schools and kindergardens ar closed for the next time after this weekend

its panic at its finest

I say this with the nicest intentions in the world, but you need to do more research. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
as far as I know Amazon has been shutting people down from doing that. Not sure about ebay ect.
They did have baby wipes in the store today but little else.
Had to go to a second store for soup and bread. 2 stores and the only pasta they had was lasagna noodles
You’re correct. Amazon shut down some yahoo who stockpiled 17,000 containers of hand sanitizer and was selling them upwards of $80 a pop.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
My kid just got done potty training so I have extra diapers and wipes. I was going to donate but if you need some send me a message and I'll shoot them your way!
I appreciate it man, but we will make do. If we have to get creative with how to care our kids, it’s not the worst thing in the world and I know your donated wipes will go somewhere of greater need. Luckily, my work industry should continue to buzz along through this ordeal, so I can’t complain. I was mostly just remarking on some outrageous behavior I’ve been seeing/hearing about about. Thanks again.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

Good job human race....

you beautiful human being:thumbu:

if i would be a natural english speaker i would say exactly that!

btw. got send home today cause of symptoms for corona. we will see how bad i feel the bext days :cool:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

Whilst this is obviously working great for the media, dismissing it as just panic is nonsense. This is an extremely dangerous problem for most of the 60+ population. We know nothing about it and have no vaccines yet. THAT is why it's being taken so seriously.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Whilst this is obviously working great for the media, dismissing it as just panic is nonsense. This is an extremely dangerous problem for most of the 60+ population. We know nothing about it and have no vaccines yet. THAT is why it's being taken so seriously.

I didn't say it wasn't. But normal flu is seriously dangerous for the over 60s and no one seems to give a shit about that either.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad