Flyers are finally good so of course the world has to end

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
My coworkers just gave directions to a lady who was stumbling towards HUP with difficulty breathing who looked super sick and looked like was on the verge of collapse. I hope they stood their distance-- then they came back here and told me and I asked them to step back more.

RIP Flyotes

Reactions: SnS and baudib1

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
And Rutgers makes the NCAA tournament for the first time in a million years and actually has a chance to win a game or two and they cancel that! F1 season cancelled the first three races! This is my nightmare!

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
in Germany 25000 people died in between 2017 and 2018 because of normal Influenza. It was the worst epidemic of Influenza in the last 30 years. no one in germany takes notice of that.

How man people died from Corona all over the world till today??

Sorry but this whole thing is so stupid......

edit: in germany all schools and kindergardens ar closed for the next time after this weekend

its panic at its finest

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
in Germany 25000 people died in between 2017 and 2018 because of normal Influenza. It was the worst epidemic of Influenza in the last 30 years. no one in germany takes notice of that.

edit: in germany all schools and kindergardens ar closed for the next time after this weekend

its panic at its finest

You are comparing two years of casualty data to a new epidemic that is in its infancy. When was the first case in Germany, 3 weeks ago?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

its panic at its finest
You seem to be misunderstanding what is actually going on. The fear is not that the world's population is going to die because of this new virus. The fear is that if we do nothing and allow it to spread, the healthcare system will become overwhelmed and supply chains of everyday goods and services will become disrupted, making it more difficult to slow or stop the spread. This attitude that we see of "OMG you are being dramatic because I have not been impacted and a lot of people are not dying" is incredibly irresponsible and short sighted. I am very disappointed that sports are cancelled and that I will probably have to be inconvenienced for not having childcare, etc. over the next few weeks, but I would rather that than have hospitals fill up and get turned away if I do get sick. That is literally what is happening in Italy. If your ER is filled with people with Coronavirus, what do you think will happen if the hospital has only a finite number of things like respirators? What happens if there are not enough beds and someone comes in with a heart attack or other emergency? That won't matter right because you think it is stupid because people got way sicker from a different thing a couple years ago.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I said Flyers Twitter has some of the smartest hockey fans around, and it’s true. @FlyersPuckSauce is an insanely dedicated and insightful dude. There’s Captain Dave Poulin, who helped us get through the tortuous Dave Hakstol years with his hilarious GIFs and his PhotoShop skills. The gang at BroadStreetHockey knows its stuff, and the Flyperbole guys are both smart and hilarious.
The first guy to tell us how good Lindblom would be was Alexander Appleyard, a fine chap from across the pond who frankly comes across as way too reasonable and polite to be a Flyers fan.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My coworkers just gave directions to a lady who was stumbling towards HUP with difficulty breathing who looked super sick and looked like was on the verge of collapse. I hope they stood their distance-- then they came back here and told me and I asked them to step back more.

RIP Flyotes
Please provide a citation.....eyewitness reports are not valid on this board unless substantiated this includes a death certificate in the event of an actual passing...

Reactions: SnS

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
You seem to be misunderstanding what is actually going on. The fear is not that the world's population is going to die because of this new virus. The fear is that if we do nothing and allow it to spread, the healthcare system will become overwhelmed and supply chains of everyday goods and services will become disrupted, making it more difficult to slow or stop the spread. This attitude that we see of "OMG you are being dramatic because I have not been impacted and a lot of people are not dying" is incredibly irresponsible and short sighted. I am very disappointed that sports are cancelled and that I will probably have to be inconvenienced for not having childcare, etc. over the next few weeks, but I would rather that than have hospitals fill up and get turned away if I do get sick. That is literally what is happening in Italy. If your ER is filled with people with Coronavirus, what do you think will happen if the hospital has only a finite number of things like respirators? What happens if there are not enough beds and someone comes in with a heart attack or other emergency? That won't matter right because you think it is stupid because people got way sicker from a different thing a couple years ago.
This is why I worry about my dad and his lung cancer. ...his prospects are already not good...this just upped the ante massively for him

Reactions: BillDineen

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

just let older people and people who are in danger of corona at home. but stop being so overdramatic. no one needs to be in hospital if he gets Corona. the most people not even notice they have it. this is like pushing the panic Button.

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
You are comparing two years of casualty data to a new epidemic that is in its infancy. When was the first case in Germany, 3 weeks ago?
nope it was a period of constant illness all over the country for a few months. and 25000 Humans died. not too shaby in comparing to corona. corona isnt more dangerous than other flu diseases in other years. but panic button is the new thing in this world

Reactions: Normand Lacombe

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
This is why I worry about my dad and his lung cancer. ...his prospects are already not good...this just upped the ante massively for him

yeah my dad also has a disease and a bad all around health status his life the last 10 years. he cant drive per bus or train for example. but Corona doesn't make it worse really. but i can understand your worries for sure. i have the same

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

its panic at its finest

because the 2 incidents are somehow connected. Come on man.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
And Rutgers makes the NCAA tournament for the first time in a million years and actually has a chance to win a game or two and they cancel that!

I'm in the same boat as you.

Illinois hasn't made the NCAA's since 2013 and, after an impressive season, they earned a double bye in the Big 10 tournament and were headed to the NCAA's.

Belushi.gif

That, plus the Flyers' situation, and I'm not a happy camper.

BTW, nice win over my Illini at the RAC in February. Rutger's home record, like the Flyers', was pretty insane.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
just let older people and people who are in danger of corona at home. but stop being so overdramatic. no one needs to be in hospital if he gets Corona. the most people not even notice they have it. this is like pushing the panic Button.
You are again missing the point here. First off, due to the US's wonderful healthcare system, many people use ERs like a primary doctor because it is their only option. Second of all, even if only old people and sick people are going to the hospital...the healthcare system still is potentially going to be overwhelmed, not to mention the disease will continue to rapidly spread and people will continue to get sick. Even if there is not some very high mortality rate you still do not want a virus spreading uncontrollably.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
This virus is the perfect storm, it will expose all of the weaknesses in our system.

Unless you are filthy rich or are a prepper with stocked food and weapons on a mountaintop someone, it will affect everyone.

The vast majority of our citizens have jobs in the service industry or somehow dealing with many customers in close contact. Those jobs will be gone as more people go into quarantine. The performing artists are all out of work already. Uber drivers, restaurant workers, hairstylists, tattoo artists, bank tellers, school teachers, house cleaners. All these people and more are threatened with the choice of risking exposure or not getting, or just not having a choice at all. The vast majority of Americans are 1-2 paychecks away from not making rent and not having food.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
You are again missing the point here. First off, due to the US's wonderful healthcare system, many people use ERs like a primary doctor because it is their only option. Second of all, even if only old people and sick people are going to the hospital...the healthcare system still is potentially going to be overwhelmed, not to mention the disease will continue to rapidly spread and people will continue to get sick. Even if there is not some very high mortality rate you still do not want a virus spreading uncontrollably.
This here is the big point. The virus is going to spread. It will infect most of the globe. It is impossible to stop a highly contagious airborne virus. So right now the goal is to control the spread to keep the health system from being overwhelmed and give time to those at risk for effective treatments to develop.

I too thought this wasn’t that big of a deal but the data coming out of trustworthy countries like S Korea and Europe proves otherwise. This is way worse than the flu. Just because young people are being spared doesn’t mean we should allow the sick and old to die.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad