Confirmed with Link: Flyers aquire Justin Bailey from Buffalo in exchange for Taylor Leier (Bailey recalled 2/10)

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Exactly. Lehtera is just garbage but in a vacuum there isn't a single playoff team who wouldn't rather have Weise on their fourth line over Weal and Leier. Either way since Weise cleared and wasn't re-assigned and Fletcher told him to stay home it's obvious they are trying to work a trade.

I bet TB would rather have Weal over Weise.

Reactions: Curufinwe

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
tenor.gif

Not even close. A back peddle would be when you incorrectly claimed that "Weal is the type of player playoff teams easily give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for." I call you out for that ridiculous comment with specific examples of players who go for 3rd/4th round picks at the deadline who are much better and more skill set specific to a playoff run, and you completely ignore it. Like I said, you really don't get it and with each post attempting to get in that last word and save face somehow you just dig the hole deeper.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
But what we could have, should have done, is just send him home and say his services with the Flyers is now over. We have seen that happen with guys that were going to be bought out in the summer. Just send him home.

Exactly.

It's so f***ing infurating to me that an organization like the Flyers is just ignoring this situation. What an awful message to send to younger fans.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I wouldn’t mind giving Bailey a shot on the 4th since our year is basically over.
Add Morin/Myers to the mix, we could have a big team.

Van Reimsdyk—Giroux—Konecny
Lindblom—Couturier—Voracek
Laughton—Patrick—Simmonds
Aube Kubel—Raffl—Bailey

Provorov—Sanheim
Morin—Myers
Hagg—Gostisbehere

That’s a heavy line up ;)
Note I put Raffl at 4th line Center. I’ve seen him play Center before, I think all those guys on the fourth line would be a pain to play against.

You could switch Laughton / Raffl. But I like Laughton with Patrick.

At least this way, we can start crushing teams physically, block more shots for Hart.
And if we lose, we can get some old fashion fighting going.

Reactions: BudEagle

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
being a senior citizen and having a carry permit, affords me the ability to laugh and have fun without fear of offending people. not that i try to offend anyone, but just in case it may happen.

You carry a gun in case someone attacks you because of a joke they found offensive? :laugh:

Last edited:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
being a senior citizen and having a carry permit, affords me the ability to laugh and have fun without fear of offending people. not that i try to offend anyone, but just in case it may happen.
Who cares. This place is for fans to express what they feel and there are some that go way to far like blocking and hiding and trying to be right instead of enjoying chatting like you do. I have met fans all over the place from message boards and there will be some posters on here also. Enjoy it and lets hope our flyers get going soon and it will and keep joking and having fun.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not even close. A back peddle would be when you incorrectly claimed that "Weal is the type of player playoff teams easily give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for." I call you out for that ridiculous comment with specific examples of players who go for 3rd/4th round picks at the deadline who are much better and more skill set specific to a playoff run, and you completely ignore it. Like I said, you really don't get it and with each post attempting to get in that last word and save face somehow you just dig the hole deeper.

You didn't prove me wrong though. My overall point is that Weal holds more value than a 6th. You flew into a rage at the very notion. The TDL bit was just one example. We aren't at the TDL now so the last minute value inflation isn't happening, but that doesn't change the fact that a 6th is nothing.

What happened was I brought up a tiny, tiny critique of Fletcher and you entirely lost your mind and acted as if I'd painted him as a pure incompetent. I also brought up the bizarre state of carrying only 6 dmen and you initially lost your mind over that part too. I even asked at what point we are allowed to begin judging him and you had no answer. So, when do we get to judge Fletcher? At what point do you deem we are allowed to critique a guy with a well-established record in the NHL?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
He'll forever be one of my favorite players. Dude was fast as **** and gave it his all, such a great 4th liner. What a shame.

Wellwood was a modern day TJ Gorence, skate right around the D, slip cutting in towards the goalie, fall and never get a shot off..... but fast.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
While Homer constantly tinkered with the Phantoms roster via trade, Hextall never did. It's a mindshift to get back into the "AHL shuffling is a thing" mode.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
You didn't prove me wrong though.
giphy.gif

YOU
"Playoff teams are more than happy to get players like Weal for a 3rd or 4th. "

ME
"You said playoff teams are easily willing to give up 3rd or 4th round picks for players like Weal for a playoff run and you are flat out wrong. The type of players who go for 3rd or 4th round picks around the deadline for playoff runs are good players and/or big physical players who can be useful to a long playoff run. Last year Ian Cole and Patrick Maroon both went for 3rd round picks and a nothing prospect at the deadline. Both are big physical players. Maroon was coming off of a 27 goals/42 point season and in the middle of a 17 goal/43 point season. Ian Cole had 60 games of playoff experience under his belt including cup runs with Pittsburgh and is a gritty, high end third pairing defenseman. Weal's 20 points a year, no playoff experience, no size, no toughness, no high end PK skills doesn't compare to these guys or the typical guy who gets traded for a 3rd or 4th at the deadline."

YOU
t4kx.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
giphy.gif

YOU
"Playoff teams are more than happy to get players like Weal for a 3rd or 4th. "

ME
"You said playoff teams are easily willing to give up 3rd or 4th round picks for players like Weal for a playoff run and you are flat out wrong. The type of players who go for 3rd or 4th round picks around the deadline for playoff runs are good players and/or big physical players who can be useful to a long playoff run. Last year Ian Cole and Patrick Maroon both went for 3rd round picks and a nothing prospect at the deadline. Both are big physical players. Maroon was coming off of a 27 goals/42 point season and in the middle of a 17 goal/43 point season. Ian Cole had 60 games of playoff experience under his belt including cup runs with Pittsburgh and is a gritty, high end third pairing defenseman. Weal's 20 points a year, no playoff experience, no size, no toughness, no high end PK skills doesn't compare to these guys or the typical guy who gets traded for a 3rd or 4th at the deadline."

YOU
t4kx.jpg

I never saw that post. See, I have a life. I have to read huge numbers of posts here daily and balance that with work and life, so you can cease your meltdown over me missing one. You are triggered far too easily, son.

You are forgetting a few other deals. I wonder why you ignored these?

Morrow for a 4th, Marody for a 3rd, Davidson for a 3rd, Vatrano for a 3rd, King for a 4th, Jurco for a 3rd, Nilsson for a 4th, Sadowy for a 3rd, etc etc the list goes on. There are trades every year where players of comparable value get more in picks, and that's without getting into trades where teams get a comparable or even better player in return. But I think I've done enough. Some of those trade even involve non-playoff teams, so the pool was wider than I thought initially.

Will you be done flipping out now?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->