Confirmed with Link: Flyers Acquire Braun for 41 overall + '20 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
From his news conference:

"I always try to play defense first and then out," Braun said Tuesday in a conference call. "Good gap, break pucks out quick. Not afraid to go back for pucks and get there first. Take a hit every now and again. I think the boys in San Jose like to laugh at me about that, going back and taking too many hits. You've just got to do what you've got to do to get the puck out."

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We won't know because he didn't even try.
He could have traded for Braun after FA if he had no luck.

And yeah, we actually did need a LD more than RD, that way he'd replace Morin/Hagg's spot on the 3rd pair, instead of taking Ghosts spot on the right side.
Maybe he didn't want those guys? Maybe he didn't want to sign them for term....like they will get. Maybe he didn't want to block Myers.

As for Ghost, he will get his minutes. It's not doom and gloom. I know you wanted Ghost on the top pairing but it was not happening. Most coaches want guys on their proper sides.

With Provy, Ghost, Sanheim, Morin and Hagg....they were not adding a LHD....nor should they have.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe he didn't want those guys? Maybe he didn't want to sign them for term....like they will get. Maybe he didn't want to block Myers.

As for Ghost, he will get his minutes. It's not doom and gloom. I know you wanted Ghost on the top pairing but it was not happening. Most coaches want guys on their proper sides.

With Provy, Ghost, Sanheim, Morin and Hagg....they were not adding a LHD....nor should they have.

Ghost will be used like Streit in Montreal, 3rd pair, big PP minutes, 18 minutes a night total.
He'll get his points without having to take a beating.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

"I always try to play defense first and then out," Braun said Tuesday in a conference call. "Good gap, break pucks out quick. Not afraid to go back for pucks and get there first. Take a hit every now and again. I think the boys in San Jose like to laugh at me about that, going back and taking too many hits. You've just got to do what you've got to do to get the puck out."

his own teammates don't even respect him. He isn't afraid to go back and win pucks? Dude that is literally what you are being paid to do.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I guess you’re going to assume.

Braun is low end. Bottom pairing.
Andy and Hagg are bottom pairing.

I’m not ******** over the pick. I’m ******** over the player.

Why do people keep suggesting Braun is a bottom pair player? He has been in the top 4 on a team that is perennially better than the Flyers, and yet folks somehow think he is now destined to underwhelming in a lesser role.

I guess it is people overvaluing their players?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Sounds like a great guy to pair with a talented skilled LHD.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

They shouldn't have added a RD either. They shouldn't have added any D.

If they wanted to add anyone then replacing Morin or Hagg is the no-brainer choice, not bumping Ghost or Sanheim to the 3rd pair and limiting their minutes. They need to be playing as much as possible since they're indisputably the two best D we have.

Reactions: baudib1

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Did you watch Hamilton? Or Nylander bail going into a corner? Or hell...Ghost at times worrying about the check more than the puck? It happens.

When you have actual talent you can get away with not doing that like ghost hamilton and gretzky. When you’re justin f***ing braun you better do whatever it takes to stay inthe nhl

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sounds like a great guy to pair with a talented skilled LHD.
Sounds like an outdated player we shouldn't be happy about adding.

We need people who can move the puck and maintain possession. Stay at home D who only worry about the D zone are dinosaurs.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Why do people keep suggesting Braun is a bottom pair player? He has been in the top 4 on a team that is perennially better than the Flyers, and yet folks somehow think he is now destined to underwhelming in a lesser role.

I guess it is people overvaluing their players?

Please explain why team record is a useful tool in evaluating a Skater.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
CF w/Braun CF woBraun
Vlasic 46.1% 53.4%
Dillon 55.1% 58.3%
Meier 51.3% 58.3%
Couture 49.0% 55.7%
Hertl 49.6% 56.0%
Pavelski 49.0% 57.9%
Kane 51.5% 57.6%
Donskoi 48.5% 56.6%

These are Hagg-levels of bad.
In fairness the other rhd d are karlson and burns to up those other numbers.

He was eating big mins and playing hard competition on a really good team so the other two could do what they do best.

That being said. I still think he is better then hagg and amac.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
In fairness the other rhd d are karlson and burns to up those other numbers.

He was eating big mins and playing hard competition on a really good team so the other two could do what they do best.

Yeah, some context is needed as to just who he gets compared against in On/Offs.

But offense simply craters when he's on the ice by any measure. It's not there anymore.

Reactions: Adtar02

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

We need people who can move the puck and maintain possession. Stay at home D who only worry about the D zone are dinosaurs.

Thank god we ditched Gudas then .

And Braun is better than Haag, Norin and Farmer, hence we are greatly improved

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Well someone has to worry about the Dzone because Sanheim, Ghost, Hagg....and Provy don't. Or certainly don't PROPERLY.

So odd how people are blind to this.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
When you have actual talent you can get away with not doing that like ghost hamilton and gretzky. When you’re justin ****ing braun you better do whatever it takes to stay inthe nhl

I don't see the problem in looking over your shoulder before getting hit. Isn't that just being aware on ice? Obviously avoiding being hit and not making the play is one thing but seeing who is going to hit you is a bad thing is just comically bad.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He didn't take Hagg/Morin/Farmers top 4 spot, he took Sanheim or Ghosts. One of those two will be forced to the 3rd pair because of this, which is a problem.
which might be a difference of 1-2 minutes. And now they will have an easier matchup to dominate against. What a bad thing to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad