Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
gh03zrN.png

God left this place a long time ago...
lol I have about 6 notifications for that thread right now...lol I'm afraid to go back.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
lol I have about 6 notifications for that thread right now...lol I'm afraid to go back.

Lol don't, don't get yourself banned man. The Flyers mods that are global mods or what not are not the greatest either, I'd just avoid that thread now if I were you. Don't need more good Pens fans banned.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Because he is an idiot who isn't thinking what he is doing.

Worked out pretty well for a backhand goal game one though....almost like things arent automatic or something.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Murray gave up one pretty bad goal out of 4. And even on it, Ruh had no business getting beat like that. The rest are weird bounces or just a perfectly wide open guy on the back door.

Well he was on the bench for the 5th :laugh: The first was double deflected, the 2nd he saved and Letang put it in, the 4th was wide open back door.

I wonder why Pens PP never had a perfectly wide open guy on the back door.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
It's hard to fathom how the best PP in team history can look like such a train wreck sometimes. I know you want to let your skill players be creative, but lord is it frustrating when you have five guys out there who have no interest in shooting the puck unless they have a wide open net.

I dunno which game you were watching. I saw a TON of shots, but they all were closed-eyes careless shots straight into the goalie to make his statline look like Roy's in his prime. Trademark Pens thing.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Lol don't, don't get yourself banned man. The Flyers mods that are global mods or what not are not the greatest either, I'd just avoid that thread now if I were you. Don't need more good Pens fans banned.
I went back and just laughed. Apparently I have never played contact sports (lol), because otherwise I would clearly see there is nothing else he can do and it is all Letang's fault anyway. o_O

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I went back and just laughed. Apparently I have never played contact sports (lol), because otherwise I would clearly see there is nothing else he can do and it is all Letang's fault anyway. o_O

It's moronic and we know it's moronic, but the main board seems to unite against us, so it's pointless arguing with morons.

Giroux gets bumped, he then sees Letang and launches his elbow and ass into Letang. It could have been avoided. League won't do a damned thing because it doesn't have the gonads to do it.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
It's moronic and we know it's moronic, but the main board seems to unite against us, so it's pointless arguing with morons.

Giroux gets bumped, he then sees Letang and launches his elbow and ass into Letang. It could have been avoided. League won't do a damned thing because it doesn't have the gonads to do it.

That is the key. If he just ran into him fine, but you can see his eyes go 'ooooh yeaaah here we go!' and that is where it crosses the line. His actions from that point on do not exhibit an attempt to mitigate the collision but instead to exacerbate the collision.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
My God, please stop whining about the officiating!

The Pens have too many glaring issues to be using officiating as an excuse.

They lost because they played like **** in many aspects of the game.

Best. Post. Of. The. Thread.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
EMPTY NET04:0000:0000:0004:00 1-11-1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I mean, he had 0% save percentage, but only a GAA of 15. That is better than Niemi back in November.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I am still blown away that an nhl official ruled that a player intentionally threw his own head into the dasher with enough force to bend his visor out of position.:facepalm:
Im torn, it was a bad crosscheck, but he did fall like a sack of potatoes. I am not sure why a ref would want to split hairs but I can buy it.

If anything, it should have been 2 for crosschecking, 2 for boarding, and horny with 2 also. Pens shoulda got a PP out of it---as if it would have helped.

Visors usually arent screwed down too tight.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I ain't even mad or upset. This matchup analysis is a microcosm of the entire game, and the Pens win 9 times out of 10 when they play like this.

Sometimes you get lucky and win ones you shouldn't sometimes the opposite. They even out usually in the end.

That's the thing about usefulness of fancy stats in playoffs - sometimes they are irrelevant if the domination isn't converted into goals on the board (or lack of domination is still converted into a bunch of actual goals) because the sample size is super small - see: Pens, 2017. PDO is the only meaningful stat in playoffs.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Im torn, it was a bad crosscheck, but he did fall like a sack of potatoes. I am not sure why a ref would want to split hairs but I can buy it.

If anything, it should have been 2 for crosschecking, 2 for boarding, and horny with 2 also. Pens shoulda got a PP out of it---as if it would have helped.

Visors usually arent screwed down too tight.

I am not torn. Nonbody, not even somebody as nuts as Hornqvist is throwing their own head into the boards to get a call.

He gets hit and gets right back up. He did absolutely nothing to sell the call. One of the best officials in the nhl (according to the players) did not think it was a dive looking at it from 10 feet away. One of the worst officials in the game called it from 75 feet away, the 2nd time in the game he made an awful call from some distance.

This call was 100% Tim Peel being a horrendous official. He needs to realize that nobody pays to see him make awful calls. He made a spectacle out of himself twice in a playoff game and he ought to be ashamed.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I am still blown away that an nhl official ruled that a player intentionally threw his own head into the dasher with enough force to bend his visor out of position.:facepalm:

The embellishment was his arms flailing around after the hit, not that. Still a stupid call, but..

The first PP unit needs to get going if we are going to have a chance. Sid isn't winning the offensive zone draws most of the time, and our breakouts look lazy and unorganized.

Sheary looks bad.

Maatta looks bad. That play when he ran into the ref, regained his footing and then tried to skate around the forechecking Flyer while flatfooted was a horrible decision

The first couple goals on Murray weren't his fault, but man, that Konecny goal was a major buzzkill. A weak shot like that should not go in short side like that. (Also Konecny is quickly moving up my list for most disliked Flyers. Guy is running his mouth every time he's on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad