Post-Game Talk: Flyers 5 Oilers 4

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
"Klefbom, meanwhile, missed the game against the Flyers due to soreness and isn't expected to draw into the lineup Sunday."

Well... f***.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'd make a bet that McDavid would still be a 100 + point player without Draisaitl, but would Draisaitl be a 70+ point player without McDavid?

I hope we’re not unfortunate enough to find out. This team is bad enough with Leon Dangerfield.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah. That'd be the main one.
But you think having a fanbase that would rather throw tantrums at its players than support them is helping anything? We play a good game but lose it, then you guys treat your own players like garbage because you can't handle lossess like grown ups, and then you wonder why players request trades and won't sign here as free agents.

Hey Harrison, can you tell your dad to fire his buddies and hire qualified people?

Thanks,
Childlike unhappy Oilers fan

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Oilers neuter all offensive production from star forwards because of the lack of complementary players.

Put Kucherov on this team and he has probably 10 less points at a minimum.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Just finished watching the game. It kinda went like this:

Gifsmith-f0824250-0.gif

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I love buttons reaction on tsn. They took all those penalties 5 on 5.
"And now You're celebrating how well you played 5 on 5. 'They're a bad team with bad penalty killing. It sounds to me they're delusional"

Marpole Dealer

Dec 19, 2014
And all of the penalties Philly took were 100% legit dirty penalties? The game was evenly called but our penalty killing units and Talbot were pretty much a free goal all game. Blame the refs all you want if it makes you feel better, we lost cause our team can't defend to save it's life.

Be careful!! I said the exact same thing a few weeks ago, and got reported. It's all the refs fault, not our teams.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
What i didn't get about tonight's game and a lot of the season. Need some help assessing the game.
-Draistaitl with ~ 30secs left in games throws it into the slot for no reason. Philly moves it up ice and if not for Talbot win the game in regulation. All he needed to do was play for the tie and put it in his feet and the other guys stay above the puck.
-Jj and some other forwards refusing to make the easy play to get the puck out of their own end. Ur having a tough game or ur not a puck possession player make the simple play. Lob out of or off the glass and out.
-lucic, kassian, brodziak, Russell as nhl vets knowing u got a coach and gm fired, with a team struggling for wins, Why are they still taking so many unnecessary penalties??????????
- why doesn't yawney develop a plan for dmen. Nurse, Larsson, Russell in respect to checking a guy in their own end. These guys remind me of huggy bear stortini wrapping up guys. Why not keep ur arms back and use ur feet to out maneuver guys. They take so many dumb penalties bc of it. Not too much this game but last couple of years.
- Why is a hitchcock coached team so sh**ty defensively. 3-1 or 4-2 lead should have been locked down.
- from the bottom 6 I don't give a f*^k if they score a goal all year. Just keep them the f*^king puck outta ur net. And you want to help out on the offensive end why do they not grind the f^*k outta the opposing team's defense. Hit to hurt, grind to wear down and shoot to break ankles. Bottom 6 guys play is pathetic. Not good enuf to play offensive game and for some reason not interested in playing a tough grinding bottom 6 game.

Thots?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You really are a silly fella aren’t you. Your new hero between the pipes didn’t play and you make up stuff about the other guy. Bet your bottom dollar if Koski was in net today and the same goals went in, you’d be defending him endlessly.:laugh:

Kosko doesn’t leak goals down low. So nah.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lol the Oilers played thirty minutes and lost the game. A halfway competent special teams wins the game. This team and their coach need to be taken behind the shed.

Thirty minutes to thirty minutes. Sounds like a save or 2 could have made the difference. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Why do people still. watch the Oilers? They always disappoint. Talbot is useless and they can't penalty kill to save their life. Who teaches such a non aggressive penalty kill? I hope they go on an extended losing streak and end the misery. At least they got a point. Reider and Nurse stinks. Don't play Talbot if you can help it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->