Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Penguins 2 - Letang Giveth Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It figures these idiots play the worst game of the playoffs. At home. Series clincher.

And **** the bed.

Penguins Hockey.

I mean, is it really surprising? It's kind of a Penguins thing to do. Dominate the entire series, look like a well oiled machine, then revert to regular season Penguins at home with a chance to end the series.

This was the game where if you really wanted to make a lot of money, you should have put a lot on Philly winning. It was the perfect storm of events to produce a Penguins stinker.

Reactions: Angrrus

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The bottom six is actually playing pretty well and team scoring hasn't been a problem for months.

Daniel Sprong as a saviour is one of the dumbest things I've read here.

If I told you Guentzel would have 15g 17a in his first 5 playoff series you probably would say thats the most ridiculous thing youve ever heard as well. We dont know what a player could/couldnt do unless given a chance. Doesnt mean Sprong would match that...but writing him off as even a possibility to be an extra threat out there to score is more ridiculous than the notion itself

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
And Nashville has the Jets next. Pens lost but Jackets/Caps are tied at 2. So this loss didnt really hurt us for our 2nd round matchup.

It should be used as another reminder we cant take any game lightly. You have to learn from your losses and the Pens usually do. Rarely ever losing two in a row. Never losing 3 under Sully. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

Flyers fans excited again..back in the series. Sid puts up 3 points. Series over. Just adding to his point total.

Reactions: ncm7772

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Nashville pulled a Penguins tonight, losing the game at home versus Colorado after leading going into the final 5 minutes. So I guess we're not the only one who didn't go in for the kill.

Reactions: ncm7772

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nashville pulled a Penguins tonight, losing the game at home versus Colorado after leading going into the final 5 minutes. So I guess we're not the only one who didn't go in for the kill.

That’s the thing about Colorado and Philadelphia. They are led by young stars that are too dumb to know they don’t stand a chance. You can already tell the Flyers are Couts and Provorov’s team. Once they get a goalie, they are set for the next ten years with the Holy Trinity.

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Why isn’t anyone giving Guentzel grief? Dude botched three easy goals on the last power play. ZAR should be playing on Crosby’s line instead of Simon. He’s being sent out to die on the fourth line. I said all along this series would go at least six games and it is.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If we dont win on Sunday at least there wont be much time to dwell on it with game 7 being on Monday.

It shouldnt come to that, but I cant imagine them losing both of those. Something would have had to go very wrong. It definitely wont be from getting outplayed

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If we dont win on Sunday at least there wont be much time to dwell on it with game 7 being on Monday.

It shouldnt come to that, but I cant imagine them losing both of those. Something would have had to go very wrong. It definitely wont be from getting outplayed

Why are the games back to back? That seems like idiotic scheduling.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Penguins forgot Rule No. 1 of the NHL playoffs and all horror movies.

No one's truly dead until the very end. Flyers just had their jump scare moment right at the end of the movie.

Finish them off for good on Sunday.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Another LAZY performance by Pens, especially by their stars. Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang, Murray - all of them were BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD.

Pens are winning this series anyway. But it's just MADDENING how these IDIOTS can completely switch off mentally in such big moments.

Reactions: Jbose7 and Burn

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Can’t win them all. They were the better team again and Neuvirth came up big. Close it out Sunday.

NO. Pens shooters came up big in shooting straight into his pads or belly.

Players with their amount of skill and talents can EASILY shoot past a mediocre goalie like Neuvirth at least once in a while - IF they are focused and motivated. It's all on the shooters.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, is it really surprising? It's kind of a Penguins thing to do. Dominate the entire series, look like a well oiled machine, then revert to regular season Penguins at home with a chance to end the series.

This was the game where if you really wanted to make a lot of money, you should have put a lot on Philly winning. It was the perfect storm of events to produce a Penguins stinker.

It's just disappointing. This year they were phenomenal at home, but then again, they did split with Philly at home too, so there's that. I just hope they can finish it in Philly and get some rest. They NEED Horny back. So let's pray the CBJ vs Caps series goes to 7 and the Leafs don't suck long enough to make that one go to 7.

Now I have to miss another freaking game, but I will be listening to Game 6 on the Radio. So please win, you lack of urgency motherf***ers.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Pens lost more than the Flyers won... So infuriating.

Kessel must be really hurting because he's hardly shooting.

Wish ZAR would get first unit PP time.

I get having a balanced line up is key but when Shearys skating like that he should be back with Crosby and Jake.

Not only does Hornqvist wreak havoc on the ice but he forces the Pens to stop being such a perimeiter team. They're forced to put pucks in the middle of the ice because that's where the support is.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Jets showed in the 1st period how you should close out series at home.

Watch and learn Penguins, and shame on you.

Reactions: Burn

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think it's pretty difficult for this team to maintain a high level of play anymore. Whether the league has caught up to them, or we're just mentally fatigued, or we're playing banged up, probably all three. But maybe our time at the top is fleeting. After what we've experienced the last two years we need to be VERY thankful for what this team has accomplished. That said, I just don't see us as elite anymore. We're still a very good team, still quite formidable, but a cut below some others. And nothing I've seen in this series has dissuaded me from that opinion. Hopefully we can win this series and possibly the next to set a franchise record for consecutive playoff round victories.

Last edited:

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Seems when ever we lose the special teams battle, it's a loss.
Been that way all season.
Short handed goal against was the back breaker.
Credit goes to Neuvirth as well.
Exact type of goalie you need a Horny in the lineup for...

Knew this would end up 4-2 but didn't know which way.

I think it's more of a overall focus and execution thing, not solely PP thing.

When top guys are lazy and sloppy, they don't move and don't finish both at ES and on PP.

When they are engaged and determined - they score plenty in both situations.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Welcome to the ups and downs of the playoffs. Never easy.

Kessel is a concern and he was one coming in. Only thing im truly worried about going forward. Would take a huge..collective effort from everyone to win it all without him

it's not "ups and downs of playoffs". It's a bunch of entitled stars getting complacent and thinking they are so cool that they can simply coast to close out the series. Completely unprofessional and simply stupid.

JackFrost

Feb 18, 2018
Lol the Pens were by far the better team. Neuvirth stole a few and Murray was meh. don't count on it happening again.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
it's not "ups and downs of playoffs". It's a bunch of entitled stars getting complacent and thinking they are so cool that they can simply coast to close out the series. Completely unprofessional and simply stupid.

Ha..its one game. Relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad