Flyers 2013.................

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
I was so excited for this year to start. All the hopes and good ole feelings....I know its is only 3 games in, but something is terribly wrong. What the heck is going on? Why does it appear that the players just don't give a blank? How hard is it to follow a freakin system and win? How can it look soooooo good on paper but we have nothing to show for it. I am sooo upset with our team at the moment. What is wrong with the players that will not do what the boss ask them to do. It starts with the team leaders and I'm so f ing pissed.

Someone please give me something to read that will me feel better. Fire Homer, Lavi and even Snider is not what I am looking for. Please make me understand. I watched us win 2 cups when I was a kid. Those teams played for each other. Whats the problem here?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Other teams know how to counter the system. Laviolette can not or will not adjust.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I was so excited for this year to start. All the hopes and good ole feelings....I know its is only 3 games in, but something is terribly wrong. What the heck is going on? Why does it appear that the players just don't give a blank? How hard is it to follow a freakin system and win? How can it look soooooo good on paper but we have nothing to show for it. I am sooo upset with our team at the moment. What is wrong with the players that will not do what the boss ask them to do. It starts with the team leaders and I'm so f ing pissed.

Someone please give me something to read that will me feel better. Fire Homer, Lavi and even Snider is not what I am looking for. Please make me understand. I watched us win 2 cups when I was a kid. Those teams played for each other. Whats the problem here?

Everyone has pretty much answered your question, but I'm sure everyone of us is feeling the same frustration and disappointment. I know I am... all in all, Lavy needs to go.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
It's a combination of a lot of things. But most recently it's been Laviolette's inability to get this team ready and prepped on a consistent basis. Couple that with a lot of players who think the puck battles are going to win themselves you have one of the worst teams in the league. No one is on the same page.

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007
i've decided i'm not watching another Flyers game until Lavy is fired. if management doesn't care then why should we? it's not just that they're losing either, i can watch a team lose, but this is the worst hockey i've seen the Flyers play in a long time. maybe even worse than '07. at least then they tried, they just didn't have the roster then to compete. Vinny and Streit have been the only 2 players creating offense and they were the two players added in the offseason. where the hell is Giroux? Hartnell? Voracek? Simmonds? Schenn? Read? it's embarrassing.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
simmonds really played bad tonight, I will admit. It's like he was in slow motion.

Sad when Rinaldo is one of the best players...

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Just be happy you saw them win two Cups. The vast majority of the young fans out there, myself included, never even saw them win one Cup in the entirety of their lives.

CyborgLindros

Mar 29, 2012
Just be happy you saw them win two Cups. The vast majority of the young fans out there, myself included, never even saw them win one Cup in the entirety of their lives.

I saw them get swept out of the finals......................................and then make a run at the finals and lose to the Hawks and well yah. The only championship team I can remember is the 08 Phillies. :/

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I saw them get swept out of the finals......................................and then make a run at the finals and lose to the Hawks and well yah. The only championship team I can remember is the 08 Phillies. :/

Yeah, this city takes it out of you. I've been alive for two championships, and aside from the '08 Phils, I was 26 days old when we won the only other one in my lifetime. I'm 30.

I'm also insanely glad we're not Cleveland, who desperately needs a win, but for crying out loud, why does this city suck at sports so badly?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I don't even know what it would feel like. I was almost in shock when the Phils won the WS. It was so surreal. I was waiting for a choke job but it never happened.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, this city takes it out of you. I've been alive for two championships, and aside from the '08 Phils, I was 26 days old when we won the only other one in my lifetime. I'm 30.

I'm also insanely glad we're not Cleveland, who desperately needs a win, but for crying out loud, why does this city suck at sports so badly?

Best I can manage for the Flyers is that it's an old boys club that's stubborn and always goes in-house for replacements as well as giving players and front office staff way too much leeway. Our president also tends to be too involved in operations sometimes.

I'm not an Eagles fan but as far as the NFL goes teams don't really have much pressure to win it all considering it's the NFL and they can suck as much as they want yet fans will still come in loads. That's probably not the reason why but it's still true. Not as much pressure in the NFL as, say, the MLB or NHL to compete.

I'm a fairweather Phillies fan and even I knew that Howard contract was an atrocious abomination the moment of it's signing.

EDIT: But, yeah, there's not many cities out there where it's teams get as much support despite almost never performing to expectations.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
1-8-1 in our last 10 games(pre-season and this year). And we have the same issue today that we had last year...no improvement. A change is needed. I personally hope we lose on Tuesday so that change happens quicker. And it hurts to actually say that. Since the first period against Toronto, we have been out-shot 84-58. Not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->