Confirmed with Link: Flyers' 2013 regular season schedule (posts #1 and #552). CBA officially ratified.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
^ Not sure but this was in today's Montreal Gazette newspaper:

MONTREAL — Is this Erik Cole’s last season in the NHL?

Cole, speaking to the media following a workout Friday in Brossard, said family considerations and unhappiness over some elements in the new collective bargaining agreement will force him to review his situation at the end of the season.

“I enjoyed my time at home and the kids are in school here until the end of June and we’ll re-evaluate things after that,” said Cole, who first raised the prospect of early retirement in October.

“I want to have a conversation with the (Players Association) about some of the escrow stuff and some of things that are a little fearsome about the new CBA,” said Cole. “Family-wise, it’s a transition year with my daughter (starting high school) next year, and I think it’s something to be considered and everybody should consider this when they look at the new CBA, not just the way it affects the entire group but how it affects you individually.”

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/busi...+last+season/7808831/story.html#ixzz2HnmJUJec

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I worry about players like Toews and Couture in the future taking this lockout personal like the players did this time. You don't want them corrupting the young players into believing the crap they believe

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I worry about players like Toews and Couture in the future taking this lockout personal like the players did this time. You don't want them corrupting the young players into believing the crap they believe

Plenty of crap spread by both sides over the past few months...

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Yep, but almost everyone on both sides shut up after the deal was done.. Then you have these few clowns. However will they feed their dogs?! :shakehead

The NHL's ability to impose severe fines on the owners kept more of their non-sense from surfacing, I think.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
ok, im guessing they will announce the MOU sign by what 8 or 9pm tonight,

I would feel GM's need this night to start signing free agents, trades, players probably standing buy ready to fly to camps.

slitz

Feb 28, 2004
WHY MUST THEY PLAY ON MY WEDDING DAY! and PLAYOFFS WHILE IM ON HONEYMOON!!!!

when's your wedding? did the lockout screw you over or was it just poor planing on your part? I got married a few years back. my wife wanted to get married the first weekend in June. i refused, simply bc I didnt want it to conflict with a potential SCF game. she caved and we got married in July. funny thing is, my mom called her and told her that the flyers have ruined so many family function in the past, just go with the july weddding!

Mosetter27

So, is your lady looking for anyone? :naughty:

No lol... back off i cancled the wedding not the relationship hahah

when's your wedding? did the lockout screw you over or was it just poor planing on your part? I got married a few years back. my wife wanted to get married the first weekend in June. i refused, simply bc I didnt want it to conflict with a potential SCF game. she caved and we got married in July. funny thing is, my mom called her and told her that the flyers have ruined so many family function in the past, just go with the july weddding!

April 27th ..... well if no lockout my wedding and honeymoon would have fell on first round of playoffs so its just the fact that they now play through april so yeah...

slitz

Feb 28, 2004
No lol... back off i cancled the wedding not the relationship hahah

April 27th ..... well if no lockout my wedding and honeymoon would have fell on first round of playoffs so its just the fact that they now play through april so yeah...

oh, well thats your own fault then. since you are getting married, get used to hearing that... it was your fault :)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
@Russostrib: Told Memo of Understanding should be completed and signed "very soon" #nhl #nhlpa

Hope it's true. Curious to see the activity level right after its signed

Edit:
@reporterchris: The memorandum of understanding has been signed. The NHL lockout is officially over after 119 days. #dropthepuck

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
@coreypronman: Earlier report by @TSNBobMcKenzie said trades/signings could occur two hours after the MOU signed. Tick tock tick tock.

If true I'll probably be sleeping when things start to go down which is a little disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad