The Athletic - Boston Fluto: With 9 regulars ‘unfit to play,’ Bruins training camp not going as expected

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Because the other guys weren't running around the city taking photos with random people when they were supposed to be quarantining after coming back from overseas.

I would hope every player is taking this virus seriously and doing the right thing in order to play. If they decide to flaunt the rules, I don't want to see it blasted all over social media. Hell, I don't want to know about it.

If you can't see why this is an issue then you're the one with an agenda.
Lol how do you know? Unless you follow these players 24/7, you're as clueless as the rest of us.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
You're completely missing what many of us are saying.
No, I followed, alright. A random photo was taken in the North End, and people misconstrued it as Pasta and Kase flouting the rules. Even the GM stated that neither player did anything wrong.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
No, I followed, alright. A random photo was taken in the North End, and people misconstrued it as Pasta and Kase flouting the rules. Even the GM stated that neither player did anything wrong.

There were multiple photos, including ones taken with some high school kids. It's not that they're flouting the rules, it's that you expect a certain amount of carefulness. They have a few weeks in Boston before they enter the bubble in Toronto. Frankly, these are the most dangerous weeks for them and their teammates. You'd hope that the players would exhibit extreme caution, especially knowing the testing requirements for entering the bubble.

Some people are conflating disappointment in Pastrnak and Kase with trying to run them out of town. Personally, I was just hopeful for more, and if I was their teammate and had been doing my best to not interact with anyone outside of my family and the team, I'd be frustrated that they weren't doing the same. This should, hopefully, be a teachable lesson for the entire team. No one needs to be punished. The embarrassment alone should be enough.

Reactions: Alicat

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Here's my take: Pasta and Kase made an error in judgement. From what I'm gathering (and I could be wrong), it looks like they practiced in an outside rink, which is against the rules...but they probably didn't know. Now, it was stupid of them to do it while there were high school / college hockey players there. They should have been trained that if there's a crowd such that social distancing is impossible - anywhere - GO BACK. We all should be doing the same, honestly. But it is a bit of a judgement call - if I plan to go to a supposedly isolated beach, and I drive 40 minutes to get there and find it's packed, it's annoying - BUT NECESSARY - to turn around. Same for this.

One thing that's lost in this is that they practiced for the TEAM. And I'm referring to the (since deleted) picture of Pasta and Kase with a high school player in hockey gear. It's not like they were out at a club or a house party. Let's face it - they were, through no fault of their own, probably out of shape, at least relatively speaking. They probably desperately needed time on the ice. Yes, it's also fun to them to practice, because they have the luxury of having a job that they love, but it's also their work and responsibility to the team. They made an error in judgement: Do I workout now, or do I quarantine myself for some more days? They weren't informed (or, perhaps, were given "the manual" but didn't bother to read it), and probably didn't seek outside advice from coaches or team leadership - the people who might be a little informed about how this stuff works.

I can give them a little pass on the North End picture. For all I know, that picture was taken on their way to or from their apartment, and they got the hell out of there as fast as possible. From what I gather, generally "at risk" takes about 15 minutes with a known positive person in close quarters, and that might not have qualified. But if they practiced anywhere besides Warrior, which is what that other picture looks like...it was dumb.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Here's my take: Pasta and Kase made an error in judgement. From what I'm gathering (and I could be wrong), it looks like they practiced in an outside rink, which is against the rules...but they probably didn't know. Now, it was stupid of them to do it while there were high school / college hockey players there. They should have been trained that if there's a crowd such that social distancing is impossible - anywhere - GO BACK. We all should be doing the same, honestly. But it is a bit of a judgement call - if I plan to go to a supposedly isolated beach, and I drive 40 minutes to get there and find it's packed, it's annoying - BUT NECESSARY - to turn around. Same for this.

One thing that's lost in this is that they practiced for the TEAM. And I'm referring to the (since deleted) picture of Pasta and Kase with a high school player in hockey gear. It's not like they were out at a club or a house party. Let's face it - they were, through no fault of their own, probably out of shape, at least relatively speaking. They probably desperately needed time on the ice. Yes, it's also fun to them to practice, because they have the luxury of having a job that they love, but it's also their work and responsibility to the team. They made an error in judgement: Do I workout now, or do I quarantine myself for some more days? They weren't informed (or, perhaps, were given "the manual" but didn't bother to read it), and probably didn't seek outside advice from coaches or team leadership - the people who might be a little informed about how this stuff works.

I can give them a little pass on the North End picture. For all I know, that picture was taken on their way to or from their apartment, and they got the hell out of there as fast as possible. From what I gather, generally "at risk" takes about 15 minutes with a known positive person in close quarters, and that might not have qualified. But if they practiced anywhere besides Warrior, which is what that other picture looks like...it was dumb.

I'll mention this again since this keeps getting brought up. Sweeney said yesterday that it was not against the rules for Pasta and Kase to go to that skate/practice with the high schoolers.

Reactions: Jaguar God

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad