The Athletic - Boston Fluto: Jarome Iginla retiring as a Calgary Flame, but impact in Boston went beyond his ice time

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ugh that Daugevins one will haunt me forever.
Two Finals triple overtime game 1 gaffes

Wesley and Daugevins

Wesley moved on I’m sure but Daugevins will never

Why was he even in the lineup

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That was Chiarelli's worthless playoff veteran for that season.

Hey, it's not like Pandolfo's or Rolston's just grow on trees.
He’s a professional

I would expect any Division 1 college forward to put that in

It was potentially franchise altering as Seguin looked like John Stockton making that pass and would have been the real hero

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He’s a professional

I would expect any Division 1 college forward to put that in

It was potentially franchise altering as Seguin looked like John Stockton making that pass and would have been the real hero

I think you're being too kind. Any experienced hockey player at any level should pot that.

It was a good play by Seguin, but he was just feeding it to the net after the Hawks blew coverage. It also seems pretty obvious to me (given the exchange on Behind the B) that the FO wanted Seguin gone, pretty much no matter what. Call me a fool, but given the rhetoric, I think there was a good chance he was gone even if they did win the Cup.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
As for my feelings on Iginla - always sad when a guy that I remember watching in my early hockey days departs. I was not at all impressed with him during his one year in Boston, but fully understand that he made a huge impact in Calgary for many, many years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad