The Athletic - Boston FLUTO: Contractual hardball with Charlie McAvoy is not in the Bruins’ future. The past says so

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am not concerned about the money, it is the term

Contractual hardball with Charlie McAvoy is not in the...

upload_2019-3-22_12-0-58.png

upload_2019-3-22_12-4-35.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just to clarify, are you saying they've already come to a general understanding on the money, or is it just that the ask isn't crazy?

Combination of the 2 :dunno:

The next CBA is going to focus on the bridge contracts as the league is skewing younger.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Has to be a long term deal, we'll get burned if its a bridge
Makes me nervous that they've turned down a long term deal already

Reactions: Salem13

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Has to be a long term deal, we'll get burned if its a bridge
Makes me nervous that they've turned down a long term deal already
He turned it down before the injuries. He doesn’t hold the cards as much as people here think. He’s only recently started to play good hockey. This year has been an underwhelming year. In fact, they should have benched him in the beginning. Count on a bridge deal.
People need to stop labeling this kid as the next one and just label him for what he’s done. They aren’t going to pay him because of the hope of the fans.

Last edited:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
He turned it down before the injuries. He doesn’t hold the cards as much as people here think. He’s only recently started to play good hockey. This year has been an underwhelming year. In fact, they should have benched him in the beginning. Count on a bridge deal.
People need to stop labeling this kid as the next one and just label him for what he’s done. They aren’t going to pay him because of the hope of the fans.

No but they are going to pay him because he has been a top pairing defenseman since his first second of playoff action against Ottawa during that time he's a +38, has produced 0.5+ PPG with virtually no powerplay time and played the most time of ice of any bruin player of the past two seasons both of which the team has finished in the top 4 in the league.

There's is no "hoping" for me, McAvoy is what he is and he's only going to get better.

What I'm not worried about is DS locking him up, he has shown to get great value of his RFA contracts, thought I still expect McAvoy to come in near the Pastrnak number.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
No but they are going to pay him because he has been a top pairing defenseman since his first second of playoff action against Ottawa during that time he's a +38, has produced 0.5+ PPG with virtually no powerplay time and played the most time of ice of any bruin player of the past two seasons both of which the team has finished in the top 4 in the league.

There's is no "hoping" for me, McAvoy is what he is and he's only going to get better.

What I'm not worried about is DS locking him up, he has shown to get great value of his RFA contracts, thought I still expect McAvoy to come in near the Pastrnak number.
Carlo and Chara say hi

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Krug , Carlo, and Chara have played more minutes in the past 2 season than McAvoy.

Simply by virtue of McAvoy having some injuries, on a per game basis McAvoy plays more than anyone else, when he is in the lineup he is the player who plays the most of any bruin other than the goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad