The Athletic - Boston FLUTO: Bruins will make a trade, but how much of their future are they willing to cede?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
How about Charlie says he wants to win another Cup for the fan base of the Bruins. Having the correct reason for winning goes a long way.
he could want to win another cup for his dog for all I care. As long as he is willing to spend to the cap and let his GM go after top talent then I'm happy. Beats the hell out of having an owner that just runs the team as a cash cow.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
No...read it again.

I said it scares me if Charlie Jacobs is involved in improving this team. And like I said above, win for the fans...
Think he/Dad have put a window on Sweeney’s window.

And that was just a healthy reminder without saying I’ll fire all of you directly.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
As much as we can for the best we can get.

We are not getting another Bergeron & Marchand anytime soon...it's possible but we need to invest now, there is no other option if you ask me.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
The only two untouchables should be McAvoy and Pastrnak. Any young player can go for the right price. I will say, I probably would only trade current roster players (Grzelcyk, DeBrusk, Heinen) for players with term left.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I'm more then just a little concerned about what I'm reading here. I didn't want to quote Fenway's entire post so I copied what concerns me...

There is an elephant in the room that looms over this process. Charlie Jacobs has made it clear he wants his parents to win another Cup. That is his #1 priority and it won't change.

Please dear Lord tell me that Charlie Jacobs isn't involved in the discussions to improve the Bruins just so daddy can have another Cup...

Talk trades and prospects all you want but as a Bruins fan this scares the living crap out of me...

uhm... ?
You think that's bad?

I'm having a failure of understanding here -

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
uhm... ?
You think that's bad?

I'm having a failure of understanding here -
Well, if he's pressuring Sweeney/Neely to win now it could be a problem. You don't want them making moves out of desperation. By that I mean overpaying for guys thru trades or in free agency.

I don't think that's really the case here tho.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
The only two untouchables should be McAvoy and Pastrnak. Any young player can go for the right price. I will say, I probably would only trade current roster players (Grzelcyk, DeBrusk, Heinen) for players with term left.

Me too. I wouldn’t move DeBrusk though. If your adding he stays. I move Grzelcyk. With McAvoy and Krug they have enough puck moving D. Plus you have Moore for depth. The thing is everybody would like a big name but won’t mortgage future. Just can’t have it both ways. If I’m thinking big Stone is the man. The chances of it happening are unlikely. But along them lines. A top 6 forward go for it. ( top prospect, 1 st rd pick, with Heinen and Grzelcyk. That’s a type of package if you think BIG!

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I don't mind them overpaying for a good player with term.

I don't want to see a first or top tier prospect like Vaakanainen going for a rental.

For me, the one young guy I don't want moved is Vaak. I like Lauzon a lot too, so he may be a close second. I'm not sold on any of the young forwards. Do what you gotta do to improve the team but make sure it's not a shortsighted move.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
No...read it again.

I said it scares me if Charlie Jacobs is involved in improving this team. And like I said above, win for the fans...
How about Charlie says he wants to win another Cup for the fan base of the Bruins. Having the correct reason for winning goes a long way.

No...read it again.

Do you also get super excited when the players say “We have the best fans in hockey?”

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
For me, the one young guy I don't want moved is Vaak. I like Lauzon a lot too, so he may be a close second. I'm not sold on any of the young forwards. Do what you gotta do to improve the team but make sure it's not a shortsighted move.

i don't think vaak is going anywhere. lauzon is probably the most likely to go, IMO. bruins are really deep
on the left side, and lauzon showed he can hang at this level, which means most teams are asking for him
in potential deals. i would've put JFK as another that was likely to go, but think he may be concussed
which means no trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->