The Athletic - Boston Fluto: Bruins’ updated depth chart, and what they still need to do

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I’m going to assume since they didn’t replace Reilly Nash and added Nordström and Wagner - both bottom 6 wingers the plan is David Backes is the 3rd Line center until one of JFK, T-Fred, or J-Stud is ready be it game 1, 31, or 61.

So until that happens- going in with

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci- Heinen
Donato-Backes- Bjork
Nordström-Kuraly- Wagner
Acciari

Love the 30-something center theme

Prospects who could make roster based on position and need/spot availability
1. JFK
2. Fitzgerald
3. Cehlarik
4. Frederic
5. Senyshyn
6. Studnicka

I have a feeling DS sees Nordstrom as the next Riley Nash. Shameless optimist, I guess. Haha

It’s pretty clear he thinks Moore is better than the common projection.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
  1. 1. Rask
  2. Dvorak
  3. Nelson
  4. Bennet
  5. Athanasiou
If I am Sweeney, thats my target list of players I would go after in a trade that shouldn't cost the moon, but could realistically fill that 3C hole.

Forget #5 cause I cant tolerate hearing Jack calling that name all night. All I hear is "Happy to see you"..Lol, it do get annoying after awhile.. By far, on your list, my guy is Victor Rask by a long shot. Seems every time we played the Canes, you'd hear his name being mentioned so often. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he has a ton of speed. Still only 25 years old, 4 seasons in the league, all with the Canes, in order he scored 11 G 33 PT, 21 G 48 PT, 16G 45 PT and last season he missed a little time, played 74 games and had 14 G 31 PT..2016 he signed a 6 yea 24 million dollar deal averaging 4 a season.. So he would cost Bruins 4 million for 3 more seasons if they were to trade for him but is he even on the market??

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Forget #5 cause I cant tolerate hearing Jack calling that name all night. All I hear is "Happy to see you"..Lol, it do get annoying after awhile.. By far, on your list, my guy is Victor Rask by a long shot. Seems every time we played the Canes, you'd hear his name being mentioned so often. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he has a ton of speed. Still only 25 years old, 4 seasons in the league, all with the Canes, in order he scored 11 G 33 PT, 21 G 48 PT, 16G 45 PT and last season he missed a little time, played 74 games and had 14 G 31 PT..2016 he signed a 6 yea 24 million dollar deal averaging 4 a season.. So he would cost Bruins 4 million for 3 more seasons if they were to trade for him but is he even on the market??

Rask was probably more available before Lindholm was moved. But the canes are still stacked at center.

I'm curious what the cost of Skinner+Rask would be. Skinner is available, so if Sweeney is looking at him, he could expand the deal to also fix the 3c hole.

Faulk is also mentioned as being available...

Reactions: nfld77

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Some discrepancies...

Fluto has two LH'd defensemen on the 3rd pair while Kevan Miller, who is probably better than both of them, is a healthy scratch. If we're being honest, Kevan Miller was better than Carlo for most of last season. Not that I'm saying he should bump Carlo down, Carlo has more upside, just saying I don't think he goes from being your 4th best D to press box.

Also, Fluto has Wagner as a healthy scratch but on the first PK unit. Can't be both, and the guy he'd likely replace, Acciari is also in the PK mix.

I certainly think Kevan Miller was one of our top defensemen last season..I really wish he had more offense cause I love when he rushes the puck out of our end and goes right to the corner of oppositions end. But thats where it stops usually stops. Besides Chara, I think he was our best defensive defenseman and he always has the back of his teammates. I definitely think he's one of our regular top 6..
Are you the same Playmaker I knew awhile back. If so, it's great to be responding to your posts again..If not, still great responding to your post, lol.. Cheers!

Reactions: PlayMakers

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Rask was probably more available before Lindholm was moved. But the canes are still stacked at center.

I'm curious what the cost of Skinner+Rask would be. Skinner is available, so if Sweeney is looking at him, he could expand the deal to also fix the 3c hole.

Faulk is also mentioned as being available...

Jeff Skinner is on the last year of a 6 yr contract that has a cap hit of 5,725,000. He had 24 goals 25 assists this past season but season before he had 37 goals 26 assists for 63 pts.. Still only 26 , he signed that contract in 2012 so he's gonna want maybe 8 million on a long term deal.. He also has a No Movement Clause this year and last year on his origional contract. Talking 10 million for both players so Krug for starters would have to go other way but then again, I'm a big supporter of Krug who had same amt of points as PK Subban last season and he played 6 games less..If he never missed those 6 games, he would of been top 2 or 3 in scoring for a defenseman.. Very underrated I think..

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I certainly think Kevan Miller was one of our top defensemen last season..I really wish he had more offense cause I love when he rushes the puck out of our end and goes right to the corner of oppositions end. But thats where it stops usually stops. Besides Chara, I think he was our best defensive defenseman and he always has the back of his teammates. I definitely think he's one of our regular top 6..
Are you the same Playmaker I knew awhile back. If so, it's great to be responding to your posts again..If not, still great responding to your post, lol.. Cheers!
Yep, one and the same. Agreed on all counts on Killer.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I don't know if I would even trade Krug for Simmons straight up considering what Wayne's ask will be for his next contract.
Especially when he'll be over 30 when he signs it.
Krug's a valuable piece on this team, and to be honest until McAvoy proves he can be as effective on the powerplay as Krug you risk messing up the only part of this team that for sure works if you move him.

Agree 100%.. That's why I keep asking, "Is McAvoy ready to step in Krug's position on PP#1 and be as successful? Again, Krug had the same amount of points as PK Subban last season while playing 6 less games. He would have been top 2 or 3 in scoring for a defenseman if he played all 82 games. Do the Bruins really want to lose that for Simmonds?? Bruins need to keep Krug around , at least until Charlie Mac is ready to take over..

Reactions: PlinySR

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Agree 100%.. That's why I keep asking, "Is McAvoy ready to step in Krug's position on PP#1 and be as successful? Again, Krug had the same amount of points as PK Subban last season while playing 6 less games. He would have been top 2 or 3 in scoring for a defenseman if he played all 82 games. Do the Bruins really want to lose that for Simmonds?? Bruins need to keep Krug around , at least until Charlie Mac is ready to take over..

It's really too bad that with the dead weight of Backes and Krejci's contracts the Bruins have to lose their #1 pp guy in Krug. If they do trade Krug I want him as far away as possible ie, Edmonton, or Vancouver.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's really too bad that with the dead weight of Backes and Krejci's contracts the Bruins have to lose their #1 pp guy in Krug. If they do trade Krug I want him as far away as possible ie, Edmonton, or Vancouver.

I`m still not convinced that DS will move Krug, think he`ll find a way to move Backes first

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

They could keep all 3 of those guys with no issue so I don't think losing Krug would be a result of Krejci and Backes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->