The Athletic - Boston Fluto: An improving Atlantic Division: Bruins will have tougher competition

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'll make my wishful prediction since they all count at this time of the year: Toronto misses the playoffs. :naughty:

Nah - it will be lots more fun to see them go out in the 1st round again.....even better if the Bruins are the team sending them to the golf course. :nod:

Reactions: caz16

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Over Tampa? :laugh:

Eh its not out of the question. Not favorites by any means but they’ll have a chance. Tampa had an all time season last year and the Bs dealt with a lot of injuries. It won’t be as wide a margin.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Tampa- 10 mil under the cap and only 8 forwards signed and one of them that needs to be signed is named Brayden Point

Toronto- 13 mil in space. 9 forwards and 4 defensemen signed. Need to sign marner, Johnsson and Kapanen...plus TWO NHL caliber defensemen

Florida- Wants to sign BOB and Panarin. They are 20 mil under, but only 8 forwards and 5 defensemen. They also have TWO goalies already under contract for a combined 8 million.

How exactly is it going to get tougher?
Through the magic of LTIR and the Vancouver Canucks, Tampa has rid themselves of their two worst contracts and the only guy they really have to worry about is Point. None of the other forwards are of any consequence and they have Cal Foote coming up for Stralman's spot.

The Leafs were able to dump Marleau (and might dump Zaitsev), are about to get Kapanen and Johnsson done for about 7 combined, leaving 6-7 plus Nathan Horton's 5 on LTIR, they have Kadri and Nylander to use as chips, plus Liljegren, Sandin and other interesting guys in their system.

They were both allegedly in cap jail and both now have every opportunity to improve. The Bruins have to keep pace or get left behind.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Through the magic of LTIR and the Vancouver Canucks, Tampa has rid themselves of their two worst contracts and the only guy they really have to worry about is Point. None of the other forwards are of any consequence and they have Cal Foote coming up for Stralman's spot.

The Leafs were able to dump Marleau (and might dump Zaitsev), are about to get Kapanen and Johnsson done for about 7 combined, leaving 6-7 plus Nathan Horton's 5 on LTIR, they have Kadri and Nylander to use as chips, plus Liljegren, Sandin and other interesting guys in their system.

They were both allegedly in cap jail and both now have every opportunity to improve. The Bruins have to keep pace or get left behind.

Liljegren? Sandin? Cal Foote about to just step in and replace a solid D-man in Stralman?

Are the Bruins chopped-liver in the prospect department?

Me thinks your vastly overrating both the Leafs and Lightning and both teams could easily take a step back next year. Sure so could the Bruins. But let's not act like this is some huge arms race and the Bruins aren't keeping up with the Joneses.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Over Tampa? :laugh:
They won’t see Point till December 1

They are a soft bunch of divas and subtracted a few of their players that had balls - Callahan (fake injury), JT Miller, Girardi

They can get 110 points this season - maybe and then get hammered in the first 2 rounds if they make it that far

The blueprint for Kucherov, Johnson, even Stamkos is out there - Blues/Bluejackets playoff hockey - sustainable for a series or a month

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Eh its not out of the question. Not favorites by any means but they’ll have a chance. Tampa had an all time season last year and the Bs dealt with a lot of injuries. It won’t be as wide a margin.
I’ll take the same 105 points 3rd seed I put down last 2 seasons

Screw first place - Just get me in the door and point me to the bar

I’ve had season tickets since 1983 and never seen a Bruins defense this deep in the organization

I can’t see it playing out like this but as of right now

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Chara-Clifton
Moore-Miller
Kampfer

Providence

Zboril
Vaakanainen
Lauzon
Zech
Berglund
Andersson??? CHL likely
Sherman

That’s 12 D when you add in Vaakanainen, Zboril, Lauzon who played in NHL

Wtf Donny

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Good thing that Florida gets better. Increase the chances for the Habs to miss the playoffs for a 3rd consecutive season and 4th in 5.
WHY?

As for the Bruins, they will be the favorite to win the division next year.
WHY" Toronto has the manpower.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Toronto and Tampa arent getting better than they were last year, and really dont see Florida becoming a scary team from getting Panarin and Bob.

Panarin and Bob were on a pretty good team last year, I seem to remember beating them.

I disagree. Florida's season was significantly derailed when Vinny Trocheck got hurt. They add Panarin and BoBo without losing anything and that is a significant improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad