Flower appreciation thread

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Best of luck in Chicago, Marc-Andre Fleury.

HKN-KNIGHTS-NOV20-19-bh-012.jpg

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I wish I knew how to post a saved video, but at the expansion draft, he was the last pick and everyone went crazy. They were chanting his name from the very second he became a Knight. Fleury is going to be severely missed and not just on the ice. He was definitely the face of this franchise.

If it is true they haven’t talked to Fleury before trading him, I’ve lost all respect for our front office. Players are not going to want to come here.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Do we think the story about Flower finding out about the trade via Twitter is just some crap coming from his agent? Hard to believe this wasn't discussed with Flower beforehand, especially given the promises made to him by Foley.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Will miss Fleury. One of my all time favorite athletes and a complete class act. @Nevada Jones I sincerely hope that story is BS.

It's consistent with how GM and Kelly have handled things though. Fleury's agent is sketchy as well so who knows.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm actually pretty glad it's over now with all the garbage today.

Regardless of whatever happens a new era, and clean break from the misfits identity, will be a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for some memories year one but your agent (with your knowledge and approval) created such a toxic situation that it's sort of tainted and refreshing to think it's over and we can try to move on.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Vegas is not a class organization. Very disrespectful how they handle the Flury trade. That was a back stabling way to trade your Vieznia trophy winner. He should have heard it from the GM first, not the media. Yes it is a biusness but there is a right way and a wrong way to conduct biusness and this was definately the wrong way.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I really believe that if Fleury was notified beforehand of the trade, he would have done anything in his power to make it fall through. All he would have to do is get his agent to release his comments about how he doesn't want to play anywhere else besides Vegas and might contemplate retirement if traded. That would have stopped Chicago in its tracks and they would have not traded for him.

And don't act like Fleury wouldn't try to make the trade fall through. He was seemingly ok with Alan Walsh posting that sword through the back photo 2 seasons ago being that it took awhile for it to be removed and what not.

If you want to argue about whether this team should have traded Fleury, then fine. Do that.

But don't argue about whether or not Fleury should have been notified of the trade beforehand. That is just not good business.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lehtonen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad