• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You mean a Chiefs like run for the Panthers? :naughty:

Don't worry folks, I'm a Chiefs and Raptors fan and I now know how to win. :win:

Well it is the Panthers but ya Chiefs run is the dream, similar make up of teams. All out offense with good enough defense when they want to be.
Curious how Raptors will finish the year, they threw out idea of a round robin/world cup of soccer type playoff.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I remember talking with parabola (RIP) about the McJesus draft and which team needed or deserved McDavid the most, this happened around halfway through the season. I said to him "it would be so Oilers to end up with the #1 pick again and poor McDavid for ending up there*", we laughed about it, then both were like imagine if that actually happened though.. and then it did lol.

* = in hindsight looking at the terrible moves Buffalo has made for what feels like an eternity now, idk if even McJesus could carry them out of that flaming dumpster of a franchise
Parabola <3

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
According to all odds makers the Islanders are favorites to win the series 3-2. We have the 4th worst odds to win the cup. Only Chicago, Montreal and Blue Jackets are lower.
And the Islanders are probably 5th. It feels the same as 2016 lol winner gets to get crushed by an elite team, but at this point I'll take the participation playoffs, it'll be the 3rd time in like 18 seasons

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
We’ll go down 0-2 after two bad bob performances, and driedger will save us and win 3 in a row and go on to win the Stanley cup binnington style. Ya know and I...I’d be ok with that

And people on this forum will still be saying the Bob hasn't been the problem.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
And the Islanders are probably 5th. It feels the same as 2016 lol winner gets to get crushed by an elite team, but at this point I'll take the participation playoffs, it'll be the 3rd time in like 18 seasons

The Isles have been bad since the new year, and had lost 3 straight prior to the break. I don't think there is a favorite in this series. The Isles are the definition of mediocre, and the Panthers are wildly inconsistent and lack playoff experience. If Barkov has a big series, and someone else, like Bob/Driedger or Ek, I think we'll take it. If we don't have anyone step up in a major way, I feel we'll lose it.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
FB_IMG_1590615960639.jpg

Happy Friday y'all.
This is for anyone needing a laugh headed into the weekend! :cheers:

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Wait what? Pretty sure soft, sloppy d and high flying offense is not built for playoffs...

If anything we're a regular season team.

But this format gives everyone a chance, even Montreal....
Whoops, that was a typo, or rather my phone keyboard missed it. Starting the sentence with “the only issue is” I hope it was obvious I meant to say not built for playoff hockey. I’ll go back and edit it

Reactions: pantherbot

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I don't think that the the first round is going to look like actual playoffs hockey.

It will feel more like the start of a new season where the game is a little bit sloppy and teams don't play tight defensively yet. That could help us maybe? Since we've had success in those kind of games earlier in the season. Our problems started when team started to play better D. and it was no long possible to win 5-4 and 6-5 games.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
If they start greiss every game, we’ll get swept.

here’s hoping that matheson comes alive (and would help his trade value in the offseason), Yandle too, and bobrovsky learned how to make saves. Don’t assume it’ll be a cake walk, the islanders can turn on at any point, here’s hoping we have some revenge from last time.

With family from Florida area...Greiss is always pumped to play Panthers. Let’s hope ,being neutral site games that factor is void.

Reactions: harv33173

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
imagine in an alternative universe where the country and world was a better place then it currently is... In that world we drafted Barzal. can i go live in that world :P

Reactions: I am not exposed

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I get Stralman's argument and no one (I hope) would judge him if he refuses to play but...This isn't going anywhere, next year is going to be the same, and who knows how many years after that. Are any nhlers like him with underlying issues going to end their careers over this? Doubtful.

If you told me a vaccine would exist December 1st, I would 100% scrap the season and just start fresh next January but this is likely life for the next few years at least.

Reactions: Frisky Dingo

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
This watered down version of sports isn’t going to cut it for me. No fans? Neutral venues? No thanks. Carry on.

I watch UFC, and it's been fine without the fans in the arena. In some ways it is better, because you don't get people booing after 15 seconds of grappling! Understand it would be different for hockey though.

Reactions: IM Clutcm

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Will there be any fights....? Their relative importance will be revealed. I suspect there will be fights just like before.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This watered down version of sports isn’t going to cut it for me. No fans? Neutral venues? No thanks. Carry on.
Next season will be the same though. I dont see fans even at a reduced level, to get 6 or 7k people in folliwing social distance measures would take hours, same with leaving the arena

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Having no sports to watch was hard at first but I feel like I’ve gotten over the hump. I guess most will take what they can get but it’s not in me to settle. Do you guys think players will walk away? I know LeBron said he wouldn’t play in an empty house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->