Confirmed with Link: Panthers vs Islanders playoffs 2: Electric Boogaloo

What would you have preferred?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Barkov has clearly been hurt all year, I would THINK this time off gave him a chance to heal whatever has been bothering him. If true, that could be huge for us.

With that said - my expectations are low.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Cliffs for anyone who missed it, not much new but the draft lotto is interesting:

Panthers Vs Islanders in a best of 5
2 hub cities TBD
The regular season is over (he didn't say if the Isles matchup counts as playoffs)
Who the winner of the best of 5 faces has not been determined, so Florida/NYI isn't necessarily facing Tampa
Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Finals are 100% 7 games but rounds 1 and 2 might also be 5
The intent is for a full 82 game season next year (lol)

The most interesting news is the draft lotto. The 7 non-playoff teams and 8 "mystery teams" will have a shot at the pick. If the top 3 teams finish in order it's business as usual but if one of the 8 mystery teams wins, they have a shot at the playoffs. The mystery teams are the 8 losers of the play-in, so yes you could potentially have Edmonton or the Pens draft 1st overall

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Does anyone know if these "play-in" games are going to all be broadcast nationally or will they be on regional networks? Have we seen the last of our Fox Sports crew?

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Barkov has clearly been hurt all year, I would THINK this time off gave him a chance to heal whatever has been bothering him. If true, that could be huge for us.

With that said - my expectations are low.

It all comes down to goaltending for this team. The defense is average at best and that's not changing but if Bob can finally get his shit together or better go beast mode they can beat anyone.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Fat Bob taking the whole net shutting everyone out lmao
Fat Bob like

bob-tekken7-win.gif

Im ready baby

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
We’ll go down 0-2 after two bad bob performances, and driedger will save us and win 3 in a row and go on to win the Stanley cup binnington style. Ya know and I...I’d be ok with that

Reactions: I am not exposed

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
In before others realize Ek is going to have a great playoff. He had a chip on his shoulder this year with the way majority of the team had performed. Now he will have his do-over chance. Expect him to come out guns-a-blazin'!

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
Regarding the proposed plan to resume the season, specifically the 2 hub locations to host all of the games, I have not heard any discussion or concern about the management of the ice.
Multiple games daily being played in months when hockey, at least at this level, is normally idle seems to me to be a potential issue.
If anyone has seen this being discussed I would appreciate posting a link.
Thanks in advance...

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Regarding the proposed plan to resume the season, specifically the 2 hub locations to host all of the games, I have not heard any discussion or concern about the management of the ice.
Multiple games daily being played in months when hockey, at least at this level, is normally idle seems to me to be a potential issue.
If anyone has seen this being discussed I would appreciate posting a link.
Thanks in advance...

Haven't seen it posted anywhere but without fans in the building that's a lot of body heat, exterior doors opening, concessions heating things up, etc that cause a building to be warm.

With everything pretty much sealed and the a/c cranked way down the ice shouldn't be too bad.

Of course that's just my opinion!

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Haven't seen it posted anywhere but without fans in the building that's a lot of body heat, exterior doors opening, concessions heating things up, etc that cause a building to be warm.

With everything pretty much sealed and the a/c cranked way down the ice shouldn't be too bad.

Of course that's just my opinion!

Bingo!

These are all state-of-the-art buildings. With any Arena, especially new arenas, the challenge in hot temperature is to keep the hot air out of the building.

With no fans, there won't be anybody to give off heat, a fraction of the amount of doors opening and closing, and concessions not running. This will have a positive impact on the ice, making this all possible to play. ( I am a certified NHL ice technician. :teach:)

If anything, I could see them carrying an extra half/to one full inch of ice because of possibly playing multiple games in a day. You can bet your bottom dollar that Dan Craig and the NHL best at ice making are going to be going back and forth from the to Hub cities.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It all comes down to goaltending for this team. The defense is average at best and that's not changing but if Bob can finally get his shit together or better go beast mode they can beat anyone.
The defense has been garbage for almost all of Bob's starts, just look at his last few wins, stood on his head vs Toronto and had probably the best game of any Panthers goalie against Arizona. Overall Driedger has outplayed him (it helps a lot that the team looks way more competent in front of him) and he's underperformed big time but he's not costing them games.

This is a break they don't really deserve.

Reactions: Boothinator

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The defense has been garbage for almost all of Bob's starts, just look at his last few wins, stood on his head vs Toronto and had probably the best game of any Panthers goalie against Arizona. Overall Driedger has outplayed him (it helps a lot that the team looks way more competent in front of him) and he's underperformed big time but he's not costing them games.

Make up for missing the ploffs when we tied the Habs with 92 points

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Bingo!

These are all state-of-the-art buildings. With any Arena, especially new arenas, the challenge in hot temperature is to keep the hot air out of the building.

With no fans, there won't be anybody to give off heat, a fraction of the amount of doors opening and closing, and concessions not running. This will have a positive impact on the ice, making this all possible to play. ( I am a certified NHL ice technician. :teach:)

If anything, I could see them carrying an extra half/to one full inch of ice because of possibly playing multiple games in a day. You can bet your bottom dollar that Dan Craig and the NHL best at ice making are going to be going back and forth from the to Hub cities.

Not to mention a summer day in Edmonton is colder than the coldest day in South Florida winter.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Re: playoff stats:

No more playoff stats for Barkov and Huby unless they beat NYI :(
It would be hilarious if the NHL counted those stats as their own official category and then some team brings it up during a jersey retirement or something 20 years from now.

"Barkov finished his career with <insert numbers> regular season totals, in the playoffs he had <insert numbers> totals, and he's the all-time leader in COVID-19 qualification series points with <insert number>.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I was hoping for a sooner start, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. At least we're getting hockey back.

Having to Play-in is gonna be an advantage for us if we make it past that point. Get some of the rust off.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

I don't know about Bob, he was better but still throwing his stick on every shot on net and doing snow angels. It was Tim Thomas all over again.

But if he plays like he did last year against Tampa they can win against anyone.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad