Pre-Game Talk: Florida vs. Montréal

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Hey guys, PricePkPatch bases his masculinity on his desire for a pro sports team to win games. This guy must be a true badass!

I am no badass, but I sure as hell do! Proud of it as a matter of fact. There's one problem with this that I have noticed as a HABs fan... My "masculinity" has been getting smaller since the late 1990's while other men's "masculinity", fans of other NHL teams that I know, have swollen. Your are right!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I am no badass, but I sure as hell do! Proud of it as a matter of fact. There's one problem with this that I have noticed as a HABs fan... My "masculinity" has been getting smaller since the late 1990's while other men's "masculinity", fans of other NHL teams that I know, have swollen. Your are right!

You should see a doctor about that, dude.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
hope kovalev receives ovation instead of booing.

probably his last year , he gave us some good moments, lets cheer for him

Analyzer*

Kovalev will be cheered... By the same idiotic fans that went to the Bell centre to ask for him to be re-signed. They tarnished his reputation here.

As for the habs. A win would be sweet, but just make sure you score a goal.

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal

Cringe.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
This game vs Florida is a great opportunity to build offensive momentum... Run and Gun, Firebrand Hockey! Do it Habs!!!

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Why? because a coach finally has the balls to make the players accountable....Eller was invisible Saturday night, maybe a night in the pressbox will wake him up

Scratching Cole or Plekanec for taking stupid penalties that led to both goals would take balls. That would impress me. Scratching Eller for lacking "intensity" or whatever, not so much.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm actually less upset about scratching Eller (Eller was far from the biggest problem vs the Leafs but he's not the biggest loss there is) than I am about playing two rookies with a total of 1 NHL game between them and a grinder together as our third line.

Last edited:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Scratching Cole or Plekanec for taking stupid penalties that led to both goals would take balls. That would impress me. Scratching Eller for lacking "intensity" or whatever, not so much.

Are you actually calling out Plekanec for that snow-job? That was possibly the worst call I've seen in years.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Are you actually calling out Plekanec for that snow-job? That was possibly the worst call I've seen in years.

My point was it would impress if Therrien scratched a veteran for making a mistake that led to a goal. I'd like to see the vets held accountable. That said I wouldn't scratch Plekanec for that play alone (though I wouldn't be scratching Eller either), but he snowed the goalie, drew a penalty, and they scored. Did Pleks get benched? Ice time reduced? Anything? Nope. To me that's a problem.

The vets can do no wrong in recent years, and the young guys who need to play to develop get benched without much cause behind it. Imagine if PK was playing and did what Pleks did, he wouldn't have seen the ice the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->