Pre-Game Talk: Florida vs. Montréal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I don't mind Eller being benched. Therrien said he would reward efforts and hard work, and Eller wasn't intense enough in the 1st game. It sends the message to all the players that there will be zero patience this year to a lack of intensity. Players need to be accountable now. There's no Gomez anymore.

Everybody knows Eller is talented. But I also feel his effort level is inconsistent. I think the only person stopping him from getting more quality ice time (including PP ice time) is himself.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Habs got a big time break with the schedule. 2nd game in 2 nights and 3rd in 4 for Florida while the Habs got 2 days off.

With @ WSH and vs NJ on deck next, this game could be viewed as the season because if you lose this, an 0-4 start seems likely and that's the equivalent of starting 0-7.

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
The Habs got a big time break with the schedule. 2nd game in 2 nights and 3rd in 4 for Florida while the Habs got 2 days off.

With @ WSH and vs NJ on deck next, this game could be viewed as the season because if you lose this, an 0-4 start seems likely and that's the equivalent of starting 0-7.

NJ? According to the prediction thread, we will finish 6th and they are 13th. Should be an easy one.

:sarcasm:

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
3-0 Florida

Kovalev x2
Soupy

Gallagher - Galchenyuk - Prust completely useless.
Bouillon 6 min PP TOI
Kaberle -2
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole invisible
Fans chant PKs name.

The blame will be put on Therrien for his line combos, #FireTherrien trending worldwide.

How Boullion could get all the PP time when he was basically an ooutcast last season is now all of a sudden a stud in Momtreal. I was gainst the Therien hiring from day 1.

STUPID STUPID STUPID

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
I hate when a sausage party gets in the way of a hockey game.

I know, we had the date booked and it was the only time we could do it, my cousins are Sabres fans so they weren't rescheduling! After watching the late CBC replay I really didn't miss much.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

If anyone here has liked RDS on facebook you should go see their status and what the clueless fans wrote about him. People really can't judge talent in this town it's terrible the same thing goes for Price, always getting bashed on the RDS facebook page.

Edit: I meant to say le 5 a 7 facebook page.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I like that Therrien has the balls to bench a player like Eller knowing that it wouldn't make the fans happy. A good coach will try to develop all his young players, but he'll always try to win. If he thinks we can have a good chance to win with this line-up then there's nothing wrong with benching a young player.

void

Jan 5, 2006
If anyone here has liked RDS on facebook you should go see their status and what the clueless fans wrote about him. People really can't judge talent in this town it's terrible the same thing goes for Price, always getting bashed on the RDS facebook page.

About who?

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I know, we had the date booked and it was the only time we could do it, my cousins are Sabres fans so they weren't rescheduling! After watching the late CBC replay I really didn't miss much.

No, you didn't miss much.

Tonight is still weird to predict, I mean they're still getting the machine oiled for lack of a better term. I still see this team going either way, so who knows?

Despite being an Eller fan I like that they're trying to see some Gally/Gally chemistry, their skill sets are a good match.

Despite not being an MT fan he still gets a pass with me for a while and I'll wait to see how his experiments pan out before freaking out. People were ripping him for playing Frankie B so much but what options did he have, really? It's not like the Habs were out of the game and he could go nuts with throwing different things around. Still lots of time even though it's a short season.

Go Habs Go!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I like that Therrien has the balls to bench a player like Eller knowing that it wouldn't make the fans happy. A good coach will try to develop all his young players, but he'll always try to win. If he thinks we can have a good chance to win with this line-up then there's nothing wrong with benching a young player.

If Cole plays like he did in the first game, will Therrien have the balls to bench him? That would be ballsy, not benching a marginal 23 year old.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Shoulda took Bourque out for Eller.

Awesome... someone else who didn't watch the game...

Bourque did fine for once last game and from what I've seen in camp and the intra-squad game he looks like he's back on track. You don't bench a player that actually showed up and did fine.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Shoulda took Bourque out for Eller.

No maybe Armstrong or White, or maybe Gallagher should finish the season in Hamilton. All I know is that we have too many centers, Gally's game isn't suited for the wing same thing to be said for Eller.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Around the league, guys who have been playing in the AHL have stood out early in the NHL season.

So it only makes sense for them to get Gallagher in there while that's still possibly an advantage. But I HATE seeing Eller scratched. On no given night do they really need all of Moen, Prust, White, Armstrong playing. God forbid they all do when Nokelainen comes back. That's half a forward roster with zero chance of scoring.

But I'll say this... if Bouillon continues to get preferential treatment, we're screwed. I loved the guy years back, but was begging the team to cut the cord a couple years ago when they did. He was done. Now, he's older, slower and everyone has noticed but MT. That better change or the next boat pulling into the harbour will have Jonathan Drouin on it.

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
But I'll say this... if Bouillon continues to get preferential treatment, we're screwed. I loved the guy years back, but was begging the team to cut the cord a couple years ago when they did. He was done. Now, he's older, slower and everyone has noticed but MT. That better change or the next boat pulling into the harbour will have Jonathan Drouin on it.

That's a comforting way to end that statement at least.

Yozzy

Feb 19, 2012
Awesome... someone else who didn't watch the game...

Bourque did fine for once last game and from what I've seen in camp and the intra-squad game he looks like he's back on track. You don't bench a player that actually showed up and did fine.

Let me reiterate. Don't bench Bourque, but I do wanna see Eller playing on the top 2 lines at some point. Somebody could've been pushed to the 3rd.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
We win and were going deep in the playoffs!!!

We loss and we are getting for Seth Jones!!!

win win

:sarcasm:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The nice thing about Therrien's coaching style is that it's effective for a time. Once players start tuning him out, he's done as a coach. Hopefully he'll have a 2-3 year lifespan before we can go after a real top line coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->