Florida Trip

Scottish Shark

Oct 15, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi folks, long time reader first time poster here!

Been a massive Sharks fan since the season before the '04 lockout , following their (mis)fortunes all the way from Scotland. Obviously it's hard to watch games seeing as they start tend to start at 3am ish over here, but I've caught all three games this season and am really liking the look of the new team. As a result, I have decided to look into making my way over with the family to take in a game or two. Pinpointed the games at Tampa Bay and Florida as the flight should be manageable, and the tickets seem to be cheaper than most, and obviously two games relatively close together. Anyone with any advice as to places to stay, travel, where to sit etc, would be much abliged! Hope I've posted this in the right section and thanks in advance

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

Been a massive Sharks fan since the season before the '04 lockout , following their (mis)fortunes all the way from Scotland. Obviously it's hard to watch games seeing as they start tend to start at 3am ish over here, but I've caught all three games this season and am really liking the look of the new team. As a result, I have decided to look into making my way over with the family to take in a game or two. Pinpointed the games at Tampa Bay and Florida as the flight should be manageable, and the tickets seem to be cheaper than most, and obviously two games relatively close together. Anyone with any advice as to places to stay, travel, where to sit etc, would be much abliged! Hope I've posted this in the right section and thanks in advance

A big welcome to HF! We hope you enjoy your time here :)

As far as Florida goes, the Lightning and Panthers boards both have threads for people visiting their cities. You'd likely get the best info there.

Panthers: South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

Lightning: A Visitors Guide To Tampa: All Questions Here!

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Hey Scottish, I'm a Sharks fan who happens to live in Florida. If you have any specific questions you can ask me as well. Private messages would work fine :)

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville

I saw the Sharks in Tampa a few years ago and it was awesome, they have a great arena to see hockey games at and it's really big, almost 20,000 seats.

They got a pipe organ on one side of the rink with a standing room wet bar right underneath, it's really cool. And when the Lightning score they have these Tesla coils that hang from the ceiling shoot off real electrical bolts, it's awesome. They do a real good job there, it's one of the reasons why the Bolts are my favorite Eastern team.

Scottish Shark

Oct 15, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
I saw the Sharks in Tampa a few years ago and it was awesome, they have a great arena to see hockey games at and it's really big, almost 20,000 seats.

They got a pipe organ on one side of the rink with a standing room wet bar right underneath, it's really cool. And when the Lightning score they have these Tesla coils that hang from the ceiling shoot off real electrical bolts, it's awesome. They do a real good job there, it's one of the reasons why the Bolts are my favorite Eastern team.

That sounds awesome. I follow the EIHL (British Elite Ice Hockey League) and my team (Braehead Clan) have an arena that holds about 3,500, and while the league is a reasonable standard, I'm super stoked to potentially watch a game in such a huge arena. Only problem is that the Bolts aren't gonna score:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad