Post-Game Talk: Florida @ Tampa : Seems Like a Low Interest Game Deserves a Low Interest GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Obviously the one and only - We want Florida - let’s humiliate them again.
:laugh: not against this at all, still think we're the better team again this year. Their defense and goaltending are leaking a ton.

Vasi might not be winning a Vezina this year, but he still made some great saves to rob Verhaeghe and someone else at the end of the game. He could now be exiting the upper echelon of elite goalies in the NHL but similar to Bob where he is still a reliable starter who can absolutely steal several playoff series.

Agree with everything here, still a top 10 goalie but closer to top 10 than top 3.

Don't avoid the question though, TB or TOR?

Rather play Tampa. Worse team and the Panthers already humiliated Toronto last playoff.

Fair, we would have some closure to beat them in a series and maybe close their window a bit more in the process.

*I'd take free agent Stamkos here for PP*

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Agree with everything here, still a top 10 goalie but closer to top 10 than top 3.

Don't avoid the question though, TB or TOR?

I'm actually not sure. Part of me wants to say TB to slay that demon but if Vasi, Kucherov, Point and Stamkos get hot they are close to unbeatable.

I think it would actually be worse to lose to Toronto compared to losing to Tampa, but beating Tampa would be sweeter for the franchise.

How about we take the division and face some scrub Metro team instead? :)

Reactions: Vilam

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1703785121385.png

Currently 24th in goals for.

A measly 10 - 12 goals from this group of ass wipes would be good enough to take us all the way to 11th or so in scoring....and probably even higher in the standings. Goals against we are tied for 4th
1703785238588.png

Just put puck in net and less food in mouth. Look at how good Barkov has been after losing weight. Jeez louis

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'm actually not sure. Part of me wants to say TB to slay that demon but if Vasi, Kucherov, Point and Stamkos get hot they are close to unbeatable.
I think it would actually be worse to lose to Toronto compared to losing to Tampa, but beating Tampa would be sweeter for the franchise.
How about we take the division and face some scrub Metro team instead? :)

Thats still a real big possibility. We have 2 games vs BOS and TOR, all 4 are in late March or April. Those 4 games could crown the divisional winner/easier 1st round matchup

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Looking towards getting into the SCF, I’d rather play TOR because they’re a wussier team. Marner, Matthews, Nylander ain’t gonna play physical - other than slashing. They don’t know how to. TBL is a physically tougher series, and unlike TOR, they actually know how to win.

However, in terms of “needing” to go through obstacles, I’d rather play Tampa and shut them up for a year. Kuch might be so upset he’d request LTIR for the whole regular season again.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Maurice made an interesting point on the post practice presser. Barkov and Reinhart aren’t being relied on to kill the entire penalty thanks to some of the guys Zito brought in this offseason. Might be why they are having such a strong start, they stay fresh longer.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Maurice made an interesting point on the post practice presser. Barkov and Reinhart aren’t being relied on to kill the entire penalty thanks to some of the guys Zito brought in this offseason. Might be why they are having such a strong start, they stay fresh longer.
Stenlund was a great addition to say the least.

Reactions: Gizmo Tkachuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad